Beach Club Doganay
$88
$72
  • Breakfast included
Dinler Hotels - Alanya(Kargicak)(Great Value!)
$78
$87
$82
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsanimation teamturkeythe main blocksaladmini discomain restaurantburger chipsquiet poolprivate beacha great family holidayalanya townpool gamesevening entertainmentsoupsguest relationsboat tripsoft drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my first time to Turkey and my first time to Beach Club Doganay. The staff at reception were pleasant but not very friendly. The only exception being the guest relations team, in particular Gemma. She was accomodating, friendly and thankfully spoke english, which helps when you're in a foreign country.

This hotel isn't a 5 star. The UK equivalent would be a good 3 star. The food was ok, it's catered more towards Scandinavians and Russians. I enjoyed the salad bar and desserts. And if you're an avid tea drinker like me, you will have to pack some tea bags as the only tea they do is Turkish.

We visited Alanya a few times which is great for shopping. But you must remember to bargain or you'll be ripped off. If you're after an adrenaline rush head to Konakli which is a short bus ride away and head to go-karting circuit which is great fun.

A Turkish bath is a must, the one at the hotel is ok, but they'll try and rip you off by telling you that you'll need of a course of treatments afterwards. Be warned.

Overall a pleasant and relaxing experience. Ideal for a short escape.

Room Tip: Definitely worth requesting a room in the main block.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Homara786
Reviewed November 6, 2012

just come back and yes it is not a 5 star more a 4 star but for the bargain price we paid was a lovely hotel, the lobby was fantastic and open 24 hours and the bar staff worked so hard considering there was only one most of the time , the animation was fantastic so was the childrens clubs and mini funfair ,the food was good but was one of the things that did not quite make 5 star as although there was plenty of choice you did get a bit fed up with chicken and would have been nice to have seen a joint of meat being carved or some steak on the bbq although on the whole there was plenty of eating places , we took euros and lira which got a bit confusing so personally i would take lira , whilst on the hotel it was hard to spend any money as they gave you bottles of coke , fanta water etc anytime you wanted and the 24 hour was all free all in all it was a lovely place and we had a great time and like i say just a few things didnt quite get it up to 5 star but a excellent 4 star most of staff were brilliant but you did get the odd miserable sullen ones but there again they have been on there feet working all season and beginning to get tired which is no excuse but boy do they work long hours , the kids club was fantastic and each day the would make something which cost you a little bit but only if you wanted your child to do it and there was nothing else for your child to spend out on so it was well worth it , A block where people get that this is away from the hotel i really dont know as it is so close and there is a lift in the games room which takes you straight up and it runs opp the main block with rooms nearly identical , we was in main block with some of our group in A block so we see both and both were fine , all in all a lovely hotel well worth the money and would def go again , if you have booked you will have a great holiday

Room Tip: A block and main block pretty much the same main block prob slightly better but not a lot in it ,
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lynn034
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just got back from here, hotel is Gorgouse, rooms are good, hotel is lovely looking, food is good, it is repetitive so we did go into alanya a few times, for a change of food, drinks are great, bottles of coke and fanta when we wanted them, quiet pool is nice, but we did tend to sunbath around the animation pool, they are great, from doing the good morning song at 10 to morning gym, darts, water polo, water pong, music chairs, water aerobics, football etc, bats for tennis ping pong n ball for basket ball all free to collect from them. Games room brill, from Internet cafe to pool etc in there, underneath is sauna Turkish bath massages indoor pool, showers gym, a block is so central, when reading reviews before we went we was worried about a block but it's so close so do not worry about this. Mini club morning/ afternoon and mini disco at night, they really look after children, beach is thru a short tunnel starting from the gawjus gardens behind the pool, so not far, the beach is good and well set out, with water sports volley ball etc to sea view restraunt serving food pretty much all day from pizza to spag Bol, disco is there aswell at 11oclock. We came here 20th oct to 4th nov so a week before end of session, I would like to re visit in the middle of season as I found it really good so to see it all in action would be great, there are lots of rest places from the lobby bar to comfy chairs and a reading area, also they have a late breakfast room that is 11 at night till 6 in morning with soup rolls and cheese etc. there are a range of shops clothes hair salon bag shop etc, in the market shop u do have to tell the young boy what the price is as he has not got a clue, and is really annoying!! I tried to avoid going when he was there. There is a free bus in to and back from alanya but we did get taxis also. They was 30tl for 7 adults and 2 kids. We visited the castle, which is nice but wear flat stable shoes. Went on 2 boat trips, which are your standered trips but still good. Over all was a really good holiday, we did have thunder a lot but also was hot in its 25's

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank LindyMills
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked this hotel for my wife's 40th birthday as a surprise and I checked the previous mixed reviews and have to say I made the right choice.

Having come back from Egypt in July this year, I was concerned that we might experience the same ignorance from Russians and Germans, but this was not the case.

We were the first drop off from Antalya airport after about 2 hours (which included a brief stop off) and we arrived around midnight.

The check-in was seamless and the reception staff were great (then and throughout the course of our stay)

As this is a 24 hour all inclusive, we were able to get something to eat at the "late breakfast". This consisted of bread, meats and cheeses. Pretty basic, but very good quality and much needed at this late time. So a bit of a rundown about the hotel and it's facilities....

Don't know why people complain about this - if you want chicken and chips (you can get both here by the way) then stay at home and go to KFC). The food is very good. Some can be a little cold but the variation is significant. We have been all over the world and for a hotel like this, it's great and there is something for everyone's taste

There is a main restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner
The Late Breakfast restaurant which is available from 12 midnight to 5am (as mentioned before)
A Coffee House (a bar outside) which is open all day serving various coffees and great cakes
A bar in the evening which is used as the speciality restaurant and then used when the shows are on in the outdoor theatre (nice little touch - when the shows are on, there's a popcorn and candyfloss stall)
A beach bar / restaurant which you get to from the hotel via an underground passage
An Aqua Pool Bar and eatery which serves burgers, chips, pizza, salad and jacket potatoes
You really have loads of options

Bars and Drinks services
The bars are in the same places as the eating places
The lobby bar is 24hr and at times can get quite busy, which is frustrating because they only had one person serving at a time. Beer is Tuborg
In the main restaurant I usually expect someone to ask me if I'd like a drink - we didn't get this, which isn't a major problem as I saved loads on the tips I usually give. There is a station which has white, red and rose wine - just take a bottle, or go to the small bar for beers
There are juice and coffee stations all over, which is great along with fridges dotted around with ice cold bottled water

Pools
Aqua Pool bar with an upstairs terrace - animation team do a great job here and if you want to get involved great, if not no worries
Quite pool next to main restaurant
Indoor pool

Evening Entertainment
Pretty much every night and pretty good with comedy show, dancing, usual belly dancing and some external acts like a magician, which was good
Disco at the beach bar between midnight and 3am

Other
Great touch with the kids play area, which has a couple of rides including a train
Free bus service from hotel 3/4 times a day
Gym is real good
Sauna and Turkish bath free (you can buy other treatments)
Arcade with games, pool tables, etc
Internet cafe where for can pay a small amount to play on Wii, Xbox, PS3 and use PC's
Shops are good and very good prices, seeing as they are onsite I thought products would cost much more
Rooms were great and comfortable - free aircon, free safe, a bath which is not a common thing and beds were very comfortable. Don't know what the cleaners do though as I think they just moved a couple of bed sheets around

Alanya and Konakli
Doesn't take too long to get to both (Konakli very close) and would recommend going in and doing a bit of shopping (I got a pair of fake Armani jeans for 5 euros!)

All in all, great place and good choice. Only reason I probably won't go again is because I want to visit as many places in the world before I die - having said that, this is my third time in Turkey as I will possible retire there as I love the place that much!

Room Tip: If you are not happy with anything, be polite to the excellent speaking reception staff and I am sure they will sort something out for you
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lee B
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just got back from a week at this hotel - the plus points (to name but a few)....rooms and all facilities good, great choice of food for all tastes, animation team FANTASTIC and include kids in EVERY activity!!!
Here's our niggles......ice cream only available every other evening at 8pm (and when catering for 3 children would be nice to have it available at all times) - rooms great but walls VERY thin and could hear our neighbours snoring all night!!!! Tip culture is annoying - there are tip boxes everywhere (even in the mini bar fridge in the room!)
Overall a great family holiday -we would definitely recommend it and might even return next year!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family