“Dirty, filthy hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alanya
Ozkaymak Select Resort
Ranked #100 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Liverpool
“Dirty, filthy hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days and got to say it's the worst hotel we have stayed in. Restaurant was filthy with food and smashed crockery all over floors. We were even served raw chicken off the BBQ. Hotel room was like a furnace even when air con was permanently on. Everyone put towels on loungers the night before so no chance of getting loungers by the pool. Would recommend no one books this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank joanne36Liverpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Maribo, Denmark
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is placed between Antalya and Alanya, closes to Alanya. The city it lies in has a perfect size, not to small or big, and has all the things you need. The hotel has ultra all inclusive, so everything was free the hole day 24 hours. The hotel is cleaned every day all over (Beach, pool, inside and outside). So the surroundings inside and outside was always perfect clean. There was a different kind of nationalities, we were Danes, there was Germans, Turks, Russians. 
The staff (the receptions,bars, waiters, cleaning etc) on the hotel was always smiling, and if you need help small as big, they would help you with that. You could always communicate with them, because the could English, Deutsch Russian, and even Danish (a few). There is free beach towels, and when they are durty you just get some new one. The rooms is cleaned every day, and if sleeping when they are coming, they will come later and clean it. There is laundry service if needed, doctor and childcare.
the rooms was like they were new, about 55m2 the one we lived in. seperate rooms, free minibar, tv, 220v everywhere, bathtub, phone, free air-condition, sofa section, balcony with seaview.
The hotel is placed right next to the beach (20m) which is there own, filled with sunbeds and shelter if you want to lie in the shadow. The beach is lies in a little lagoon. The location of the hotel was perfect. It is placed in the beginning of the city, and about 200m on the other side of the road, is a long street filled with bazaars (shops). There is a lot of tour agencies, if you want to see other things. The distance to Alanya is about 20min. and to Antalya 1t 35min.
The hotel has two restaurants one inside and one outside, and 5 bars placed outside and inside, and a snack bar. They serve all kinds of drinks, local and international. There was a lot of food to choose from. Outdoor kitchens, where yoyu could see the chefs made the food, and inside where they also stood and making the food. No day was the same, always new food to try. And when you where finish eating, the waiter cleaned up after you. The restaurants and bars was always clean. And all free cause the ultra all inclusive.
The hotel had a lot of activities during the day, aerobics, water aerobics, shooting, volly, etc. where everybody could join. There is children pool, and svimming pools, waterslide pool, also filled with sunbeds and parasols. And a big playground outside and inside. in the evening there is children disco, disco, and others themes from day to day. The Beach is perfect cause the it is placed in the little lagoon, not so big waves,, and the there is some rocks in the lagoon, so there is a lot of fish, so good to scuba in. It is also filled with sunbeds, and two long parasols (100m long) so sunbeds for every one, and showers to clean yourself after bathing free internet drifferent places a the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank martin c
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was disappointed upon arrival by the outdated lobby and poor service. Nothing was communicated to us in terms of hotel services, meal times, etc.

I was travelling with a 1 year old and he was tired from the journey. We asked for a baby cot and the front desk kept saying we will get it in 10 minutes, but we didn't get it for 26 hours!

FYI, if you do not get a sea view then you will be overlooking the highway. That was the case for us, but fortunately they moved us to a seaview room for a very reasonable price.

One of the best parts about our all inclusive holiday was the food. There was ample variety at each meal, outdoor bbq's every night and although we stayed there 10 nights, the food never got repetitve or mundane. The service in the restaurant was also fantastic. The waiters were all so warm, friendly and helpful. That was one of the definate highlights at Ozkaymak.

I wish for all inclusive there were more bars open in various parts of the resort, but time and time again, I found myself having to go away from the beach towards the outdated lobby for a drink.

I found out quite by accident that there is a brilliant bazaar right across the road from Ozkaymak, making the hotel location very good. There are all sorts of restaurants, cafe's and shops there on a long, pedestrian-friendly street.

The animation was good, I enjoyed their evening programs but I only wish there was better communication about when there was going to be a program. I found out about their program one night when an animator greeted us at the restaurant and invited us to the evening entertainment, I appreciated that. Otherwise some nights we simply didn't know if anything would be happening or not and that was a bit frustrating. Simple posters at the restaurants or lifts would be an easy way to make sure everyone knows something will be happening that night. Otherwise, it felt almost like the events were by invitation only.

Kids club and playground were good, fitness centre was average, massages were okay, seemed a bit rushed but my salon experience was terrible. There are 2 male stylists, stay away from the shorter one, he is very amature.

There are some very talented photographers on site, I really recommend taking advantage of them. Photo shoots are free, you just pay for the pictures you like.

The indoor and outdoor adults and kids pools were a bit too cold and please be advised the beach is rocky.

Overall, I would recommend Ozkaymak to anyone who likes good food and a friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you have a sea facing room close to the lobby terrace, you might be able to get WIFI from your ba...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nickiwalche
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 24 & 25/3/13. I had a number of clothing (yes clothing!) items stolen from my room. I went to reception to inform them & the manager said how come you didnt know before now! I was packing to leave to go to another hotel and realised I had other items missing so I reurned to reception where the manager then said seeing as I was leaving I was a liar!! i was appalled at my treatment and have never before written a negative review but I do think people need to be aware that as well as your belongings not being safe here you are treated like a second class citizen!!

Room Tip: Dont do it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
11 Thank annette p

Travelers are raving about these Alanya hotels

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel is new, rooms are spacious. Service staff are usually kind. But the food is awful, may be except the soups. Too little to choose from, and this is the worst tasting hotel food i've eaten in turkish hotels.

• Stayed February 2013
10 Thank VernonSwathz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alanya
Sun Maritim
#4 of 27 in Avsallar
Incekum Su Hotel
Incekum Su Hotel
#1 of 5 in Incekum

Been to Ozkaymak Select Resort? Share your experiences!