“Fantastic holiday”

Ranked #21 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Kazan, Russia
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I spent this summer vacation at Diamond Hill hotel.
Everything was great fabulous comfort , friendly staff , great foods.
And I've attended some daily local tours Boat tour was so much fun.
There was a travel agency, there had someone named Robert.
He helped me with everything, he is really good guy. Everything was very nice to me on this holiday. I think so next year I will visit this beautiful place again.
My advice to everyone try this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
merseyside
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have just had a family holiday here, the transfer from airport was approx. 2 and a half hours. Food and drink all day and some lovely food, depends on what you want, plenty of fresh salads. Beach was about 5 mins from hotel, over bridge and no roads to cross. The beach also had a bar and food. Swimming pool and bar were very clean and overlooked by the pool master. Rooms very clean and well maintained by the cleaners, who even put flowers on bed and towels made into nice shapes. We got complimentary fruit and wine. I really enjoyed this holiday and hotel but I'm sure some people do find things wrong. Most of the bar staff were smiling and friendly, life guard on beach brilliant. Only thing I have to say wrong with his hotel is the air con in the lobby was not up to standard and lifts did take a while. Spa staff mithered to get you to have a massage at a price. Would definitely go back. Bus to Antalya 5 mins away on main road number 1 or 101, plenty shops and some around hotel. Last but not least Albert under the bridge very friendly and informative about trips out, lovely man. Cant wait to go back. Thank you Diamond Hill.

Room Tip: Floor 9, lovely sea views at the front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Sharon H
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this is a great hotel which is greatly situated and is very clean and tidy with good food

However....

We did have a few issues such as a broken loo, a faulty door on occasions, maid was a bit sloppy first day but I soon nipped that in the bud...... yes these are all issues which were not the hotels fault..... but the one thing which needs improvement is the Reception Staff! There Customer Service reflects a 2* Hotel, they are not very helpful and tend to sniggers between them self's! (Idiots) but in the end I dealt with the Customer Relations Manager and he is fab so don't be put off just be warned!

Foods ok, always found something and Bus to town takes 10 mins, beach is 5 mins away

Animation Team = Amazing!

Only other thing is you must private transfer as this will still take 2 hours but a shared one will take double! Pay the extra and go private!

Also Russians and Germans are rude but you just need to play them at their own game ;)

Weather is hot hot hot all day and night so pack light!

I would return and will

Enjoy Turkey!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JordanBaileyPalmer
widnes
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Six days into our second visit to the Diamond hill, first time here was two years ago. Arrived after a two and a half hour transfer but can't complain about that as we knew it would be. We arrived about half past nine at night considering check in is from 2 in the afternoon we were more than disappointed to find that our room was not ready ! After a further one and a half hours we were finally able to check in and went up to our room. When we got into the room we had a double bed single bed and a travel cot, my youngest is six so there was no way any of us could sleep in that . . . Not to worry we thought we will just inform reception and they will change it . . . Won't they ? After a further two hours of going up and down from floor number seven to reception numerous times and arguing the toss that nobody could fit in a travel cot and them telling us we would have one in five minutes we finally got . . . . A mattress threw on the floor ! It was half one in the morning by this time and we couldn't be bothered arguing any more ! It took us another day and a half of going back and two to ask for either a proper bed or a sofa bed before we finally got . . . . Another mattress threw on top of the first one . . . . Pardon us but that's not five star ! But we've gained two bottles of red wine . . . Which we won't drink by way of am apology ! On to the rest of the holiday, food is okay but very repetitive day after day, i remember it being better when we first came. It's been easy to get served at the bar and the staff are very polite and helpful and tolerate a six year old asking for frog juice drinks every five minutes. The rooms are cleaned well but it can sometimes be four o clock before they're done, not much good if you want the kids to have am afternoon sleep. Pool is good and it's been easy to get a sunbed. Would be great if the outdoor eating area could be separated into a smoking and not smoking section as i hate having cigarette smoke blew over my kids whilst they are eating. Beach is nice enough and again the staff are great there. Reception staff . . . Well i won't even go there . . . Oh well onto the last few days of our holiday and the last time we will be staying at the Diamond hill .
Second installment, got home last night after ten days, and was glad to come through the door . . . .The Diamond hill is definitely not for us, saw a few of the staff getting carted off to the doctor on site next day we were all vomiting . . . So glad to be home !

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank paulap06
longon
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were in the Diamond Hill for 2 weeks from the end of May. We booked the taxi from London and it worked brilliantly especially when we heard how long other people took to get there. Our room was fantastic with a view over the pool. It was always clean and the maid made lovely designs with the towels. We had a bit of a disaster when we were there and all I can say is that the hotel Guest relations manager Cenap and the Hotel manager were fantastic and we would not have coped without their help. The food is bit monotonous but the soup was always top notch. It is well worth taking the bus into Alanya at a cost of TL2 each way and do get off just before the town and go to the local park and visit the Cat area. They have actually built a park just for cats! And they are so friendly .

The only reason I might not go back to this hotel is the length of the journey from the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool have great view, but mosque calls could wake you up
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janetandphil
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My partner and I stayed here beginning of June for 10 nights, we had such a pleasant stay , couldn't fault anything, staff and everyone working in and around the hotel were very helpfull. We booked a Quad Safari through our rep at the hotel, it was very cheap and was a brilliant day out(definatly worth doing). Over all our stay was very pleasant and we defiantly will be returning. The only downside was the A2B transfers, took ages getting to the hotel, I was very nervous for the journey back to the airport, the staff and rep were very helpful and assured me that we would be picked up at least 5 hours in advance to our flight, we did get to the airport in good time and the journey was not as bad going home, so just be aware if you are travelling with this tranfer expect a bit of a long journey but it is well worth the wait when arriving at the Diamond Hill :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Georgina M
Lurgan
Reviewed June 30, 2014

To start off my review, I would just like to mention to any of you that are travelling with A2B transfers, don't be worrying because we travelled with them and had no problems what so ever! Yes it's a long transfer but at least you'll arrive safe and sound.

We stayed at the Diamond Hill Resort from the 14th June - 28th June and we could've stayed longer as it was such a fantastic holiday! Staff are extremely friendly, rooms are in immaculate condition, hotel is cleaned everyday, animation team are fantastic and the food is delicious!! To make this an easy review to read I'll break it down bit by bit.

Rooms: The rooms are extremely clean and are in immaculate condition! On arrival you have a 1.5 litre bottle of Coke, Fanta and sparkling water. You only get this on the first day and for the remainder of your stay you get two 500ml bottles of water. The shower is nice and powerful, the hairdryer is very good and you get fresh towels everyday! You have a safe in your room which is handy to use as it is free of charge. Air conditioning is really good, I had to get up during the night to turn it off because it was that cold! Beds are really comfortable, in our room we had one double bed, a single bed and a sofa bed. The balconies are a good size to sit out and have a nice view of the area. I myself especially enjoyed looking at that classy car in the bushes! We stayed in rooms 805 and 806 which had a fantastic lateral view of the sea! There is only two channels that are English on the TV, I recommend watching channel e2 which is number 11 or 12 I think. For all of the world cup lovers you can watch the football in your room on channel 94 or 98!

Beach: We only visited the beach once during our stay and we really enjoyed it, the food is lovely down there especially the Turkish bread! Be aware that they only serve beer and soft drinks at the beach bar so all you cocktail and vodka lovers may stay around the pool which is far cooler in my opinion. If you prefer the beach then I recommend getting a pair of clogs or crocs because the sand can be extremely hot and the sea is quite stony!

Pool area: The pool itself is extremely clean but it is quite cold so be aware! The tiles are quite hot and slippery so just take care while walking on them. The pool bar has literally all the drinks you can ask for and you are able to grab a bite to eat instead of going to the restaurant. They normally have chips, burgers, chicken, fish, kebab, bread and lots of salads at the pool bar. Sunbeds are a bit of a nightmare to get but I recommend asking the pool attendant Ahmed to take your towels and tell him where you would like your beds to be. He would have them there for you by the time you go down and if you give him a tip he will always do it for you! Slides are really fun, open for two hours twice a day 10:00-12:00 - 14:00-16:00.

Animation team: The animation team at the Diamond Hill are probably the best animation team I have ever met in my life! No joke! They would always stop and have a chat with you asking if you are okay and all. They always try to get you involved in everything and give you that bit of a boost to join in. The pool games are really fun and you always get a laugh out of them! A big shout out to Emre, Ozgur and Orhan who made our holiday extra special! Ozgurs dart games are a must!

Entertainment: I haven't been down to watch the entertainment but most of the people I met in the resort says that it is really good so there you go! Every night the animation team run a bus from 23:00 - 04:00 that takes you to a night club and I think it's only 30 lira.

Bar staff: What can I say about the bar staff? They are extremely friendly and love to have a bit of crack with you while you wait for your drink! They were all fantastic but Nuh and Antonio were the best in my opinion! Nuh never fails to say hello to you everyday, he's everyone's little man! Antonio works the night shift and his famous cocktails would keep you up all night! We'll miss you lots Antonio and Nuh *KNOCK!*

Facilities: The facilities at the Diamond Hill were fantastic, the toilets were extremely clean, spa centre is really nice, roof bar is to die for!, restaurant is very nice, lobby is extremely clean and the pool is immaculate! The only let down for me was that there was no games room. Well, there was but it never opened during our stay! The WIFI is hit and miss in the hotel, we stayed on the 8th floor and got good reception in the bathroom but the best of the WIFI is in the lobby.

Food: The food was delicious in the Diamond Hill, there was always something new to try such as chips, rice, fish, chicken, kebab, beef, steaks, corn on a cob, wedges, oven potatoes etc. Fair enough it can be repetitive but it's all inclusive, and I'm sure there is something that everyone likes!

Location: There nothing wrong with the location of the hotel, you were within walking distance from shops and restaurants and there is a migros across the road from the hotel which is reasonable! Every Monday and Thursday there is a market just a 10 minute down the road and it's really good for doing some haggling!

I would definitely call the all inclusive in this hotel ULTRA! The drinks ran from 10:00-07:00 which is close to 24 hours! The ice cream is delicious! You can even get cocktails in the hotel and you don't even have to pay for them! Get a couple of vodka red bulls in you and you'll be up the walls believe me!

All in all, this was one of the best holidays we have ever been on and I would do anything to return to it! I will definitely return ASAP! All of you that are worrying about going to this hotel, do not worry! You will have a fantastic holiday so go off and enjoy yourselves you'll love it!

Room Tip: Rooms (1-9)01-14 are the best to go for because you'll not be woken up by the mosque in the earl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family