“poor quality for that money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elysee Beach Hotel

Elysee Beach Hotel
Ranked #150 of 368 Hotels in Alanya
Belgrade, Serbia
“poor quality for that money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I spent 12 nights at this hotel and have to say ,it keeps a mistery to my mind why is this hotel ranked so good. In fact it is a very small, low-cost hotel ,if i may call it that way. The stuff doesn't speak English, though they might think they do,the waiters have a too familiar way in treating the guests, which certainly some guests do like,but not me. I can't say the personel is unfriendly but way out of what I call being proffesssionell. While taking food from the buffet you could obviously note that they are making some stupid remarks on your persona. The rooms are small, the air conditioning is quite old and dinner and breakfast are served by the pool,where it is horribly hot as it has been in Alanya in general. No recommendation for those sensitive to temperature changes you are submitted to due to entering and leaving certain facilities. The cleaning was poor as well. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel although I have to say that the personell is convinced they are being quite forwardcomming- they are in a way but the way is not appropriate.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea-view ontyhe upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank maja_masic

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

A small hotel with friendly staff, nice view on the sea from the front rooms and very close to the beach where we stayed the 2nd time. The prices are moderate and in the evening one can enjoy a turkish buffet with lots of salads and vegetables.

Room Tip: If you pay a bit more you get a room at the sea front
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank beatricebrunner
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Location is great, staff is great, especially the goofy waiter Ibrahim and captain Ali, just gotta love them =) Cleaning wasn't so good but it was ok though. Food at the buffet is average, but we liked it ok.

Hotel is small, but we thought it was good and not crowded. The view from the balcony was awesome!

Lots of Germans, don't like their rushing and pushing at the dinner and breakfast (almost like Russian people) =( They have plastic bags in their handbags, and they're STEALING the food all the time, just can't understand it...

Room Tip: Try to get room number which ends to -05 or -06... We had 105, but my mon had 306, even better view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank miumik
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

rooms are excellent, every day is cleaning, staff is very friendly. Hotel is on the beach. Food is small problem, but you can find something to eat. WiFi is availible only in lobby part not in rooms. General overview is good. I think is better for young people without children

• Stayed August 2011
9 Thank neneturkey
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Located on the best beach in Alanya , Kleopatra Beach
The hotel is small in size which is a good advantage as it is not overcrowded.
The rooms are modern and clean and we had a fantastic room with huge balcony overlooking the pool and beach . HEAVEN!!!
The pool bar snack bar is very tasty with freshly made sandwiches, pizza ect...
The staff are friendly and helpful
Would definately return

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
12 Thank sandra31-71
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We went there follow reading other reviews in june for 10 days and Iam glad we did, Weather was sunny, hot, only one day was raining, but that day we were doing rafting, so we didnt bothered. Hotel got the great location, you walk from pool straight to beach. They have a beachboy, and you can order lunch there and he will deliver it to your sunbed, so you don't have to even move. I was impressed with him, cause he were running constantly in 40 degree with smile on his face. Staff is very friendly, attentive and always ready to advise and help. Actually have to say, their behaviour made us feel very welcome and let us think to come back again. The room was clean and coisy. We even tried their turkish bath and after that felt as new person. Highly recomended. It is 3star hotel, but I will give them 4 stars. We travel a lot, every year at least twice to different destinations, but this is the first time that Iam writing review, just because I want to share my amazing experience and highly recommend to everyone who think to book a holiday in Turkey. The friendly staff and head chef are real credit to hotel, I wish them all the best, and we might see u next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank mismar2206
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days with my partner and had a wonderful time. I booked through a travel agency so I had to request for a double bed. When I booked I sent emails to the hotel myself (as I dont trust the agencies) to make sure they are aware of my requests. We did get a double room, it was medium size, more than enough for a couple. The shower was great - water pressure is much better than in London. Always had hot water too.
It has its own beach about a minute walk away from the pool.
The only downside we experienced was one receptionist who was constantly begging us for a tip, finally he started asking me to tell me boyfriend to give him money. When he didnt get more than 10Lira he turned ignorant and even stopped smiling at us.
Also the hotel's info says that it has a gym. Well it certainly does not have one, so dont be fooled. There is no fitness centre whatsoever. It has a sauna that didnt work throughout our stay and they didnt even attemped to fix the problem. Not that you need a sauna in 40C weather but some might do... The manager did not know about the problem before I informed him about it then he said the turkish bath and sauna is not his responsibility. Oh well...okay.
The food was great, good variety, but if you don't get to the restaurant on time, when dinner starts you might not get enough food.
In general Alanya is VERY expensive, in the hotel one beer (Efes) costs 5Lira (£2). Bottle of rose wine 25Lira (£10). And these priced increase in clubs and other restaurants.
Not a lot of british in this area, staff speaks mostly german and very little english. But at least they try.
So yeah, overall we had a great stay apart from a few little hiccups. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you contact the hotel directly if you have any questions or requests.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple