I stayed at the Elysee Hotel Alayna in October 2013 and had a really good holiday.
The Hotel is a good standard for the price paid (£400 each all inclusive) and has a great location across the road from a lovely beach and walking distance to the main town and harbour area of Alayna (which is a great place to visit with nice bars, restaurants, scenery, history and plenty going on outside of the main season).
I think the main positives from the hotel itself would be:
- Location: as above excellent location in relation to the beach (where you can use your all inclusive band for free soft drinks) and Alayna
- Staff: very friendly and helpful
- Facilities: Hotel is fairly basic but has an onsite shop, gym (a bit dated) and Turkish Bath. Rooms also have a flat screen TV, free air conditioning (which is so good it gets too cold!!) and safety deposit boxes at a really cheap price. Lots of seating in the lobby, by the pool and plenty of sun loungers although it may be pretty crammed during the high season.
- Cleanliness: the hotel and pool area are spotless and the room was cleaned daily which was impressive.
- Food: the majority of the hotel clients are German and the food is tailored mainly to those guests (if you are British and want a fry up every day and burgers and chips for dinner you will be disappointed) but i found the food of really good quality (mainly soups, stews, salads, meats and rice at main meals with pizza, pasta and chips only at snack time). There are also loads of great priced restaurants nearby for a change.
For me, some simple changes would really improve the hotel offering:
- All Inclusive Drinks: The all inclusive option is really limited in terms of drinks; you only have Beer, Wine, Gin and Vodka. Not expecting a huge choice for the price but even a few more options like schnapps and a cocktail option would be good.
- Advertised Meal Times: Dinner was advertised as 7pm to 9pm and as my wife and I like to get as much sun as possible we often like to eat nearer 9pm. This was impossible in this hotel however as often the restaurant would start clearing the food away at 20 past 8 - one night I just managed to get a plate of food before the deserts and starters were cleared away and one couple who turned up to eat at 8.45pm were turned away - this was really poor and needs to be addressed.
- Poolside: there is a large shrub at the poolside beside the stage and this blocked the sun for a large part of the pool area for much of the afternoon, this should be cut down!!!
- Room Carpet: the cream carpet in our room was very dirty with stains all over the floor – this really detracts from the rest of the hotel which is very clean and should be changed to wood flooring or replaced!!
Overall, I think the Elysee Hotel is good value for the price but I probably would try another hotel in Alanya on my next visit with more Scottish and English clients for a bit more interaction!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Elysee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elysee Hotel Alanya