“Good hotel at a very fair price”
Review of Artemis Princess

Artemis Princess
Ranked #50 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I spent the first two weeks of September at theArtemis Princess.
Alanya was a much bigger resort than we had imagined but we were very pleased with the hotel. The food was excellent, hotel scrupulously clean and the staff very friendly.
It was not far from the beach and the water was warm and clear. The Brits were in the minority and I would say that Germans, Scandinavians and Russian were the main holidaymakers.
While we were there the weather was fantastic
The beach was very busy but on beach 15 we had free sunbeds belonging to the hotel.
You had to pay extra in order to have a mattress and the matresses were at the front, near the water. We went one day at 9 a.m. in order to get a bed at the front. They were all
'taken' the attendant told us although no one turned up to use them until midday. The man in charge had kept them covered in old towels which he later removed when his clients came bringing their own towels. I made a complaint about this.
The only other thing which I was not happy about was that a few men wore vests to dinner in the evening. It was a very nice restaurant, several people made an effort to dress nicely and I felt this lowered the tone of the establishment. .

Room Tip: We were on level 4 which was very handy to the restaurant on level 5
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nimrod966

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was looking for a late booking at budget price and found this all inclusive deal. Not my normal style but needs must!. I found the rooms spacious clean and well presented, sheets and towels changed daily ...unlike some competitors !! The maid perhaps a little over enthusiastic ... I commonly wake late.
Food was simple but pleasant. Typical Med breakfast, lots of salads lunch and dinner. Inevitably variations on chicken dishes were most common. Plenty of local restaurants if it's not to your taste. Even an English bar 1 block away ...as is the beach. Interestingly the local shopping street is traffic free from 4:00pm to 1:00am ...apart from motorbikes who do as they feel!
Pool is adequate but not enormous. If you're a sun worshiper, you may need to move as parts become shadowed from high buildings during the day, but with the beach so close I never found it an issue.
Fairly even mix of nationalities, front desk always had English speaker available and I thought all the staff were great ... right balance of helpfulness without being intrusive and always a friendly smile. Star ratings tend to be a little different than elsewhere but I found this common. A/C and internet was part of the package as were local drinks at mealtimes. It is a few kms out from Alanya center but local transport can get you there if needed. For its price I couldn't fault it ....happily visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Selinko
Reviewed August 4, 2011

we stayed at this hotel for a week me my husband and my 6 year old, we arrived at 3am and we were taken to our room they took our bags for us first impression of the room was very clean you really cant fault the hotel on the cleanliness the rooms were cleaned everyday and the sheets were changed also. the aircon is only on certain times of the day and night but the room stayed cool most of the day. Breakfast consisted on cereal, cheeses bread, hams, and fruit juice and tea/coffee, the evening buffet was absoultley beautiful, cooked to perfection and you can tell alot of time and effort had been put into presentation also. the pool area was cleaned everynight thouroughly, there wasnt alot to do with my son thank god he just loved playing in the pool, there is only entertainment 2 nights a week so trying to keep my son entertained at night was a bit of a struggle there is only so many times you can walk round. we couldnt fault the staff they were very friendly and great with kids. when you walk round the shops it is bit of a pain as you get called into nearly every shop wanting you to buy! we went to a market in mavagat put it this way it was a experiance you cant just look at anything they hassle you all the time we didnt enjoy it at all. overall we loved the hotel and where the hotel is situated but didnt really enjoy the town itself not much to do with kids, its definatley a couples holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank laurzConwy
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I spent two weeks in this hotel with my family (young children and teenerges)
very nice operation
excellent food
wide choice of meals
clean rooms
nothing is lost
no attractions for families with children

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MARZENA061
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Myself and my partner stayed at the Artemis Princess hotel in September. The Thomas Cook ‘bus’ taking us to the hotel took over 2 hours because of the wrong people being on the bus, and as we had no guide and a driver without English, this caused considerable delay. Upon arriving at the hotel at around 4am we were taken to our ground floor room in the second building. Being very tired, and annoyed with the journey so far I was initially disappointed with the room. The door seemed very flimsy, there was only a very small window to the outside not letting much light in, and the toilet was leaking. However, after a few hours sleep we notified the reception of the leak and it was fixed relatively promptly. On reflection the room was absolutely fine, I would have rather not have been on the ground floor, but this is a personal preference.

I’ve read several complaints regarding the food, but I would say that the evening meals were great with plenty to choose from. Yes, breakfast was very basic, and there were a lot of salad stuffs at both breakfast and dinner times, but this is Turkish cuisine not British. We both sampled plenty of what was on offer and have no complaints about any of it.

The pool was a good size and there were always sun beds available. The bar beside the pool was reasonably priced and the snacks available were tasty enough. Within a short walk from the hotel there were plenty of restaurants and bars and shops to choose from. Also, there was an English pub, with imported drinks just on the corner of the main street beside the beach. It was nice to have a refreshing pint of Cider in the heat – and it was HOT!!

All in all the hotel was great value for what we paid. It may be a few km from the main town of Alanya, but the Dolmus was so easy to use and we went into the town on several occasions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lewispiper
Reviewed September 24, 2010

we stayed at the artemis princess hotel after reading some of the reviews we were rather worried but shouldnt have been. its a lovely bright clean hotel in a great position, a 5 minute walk to the beach where the hotel have their own sunbeds free of charge. Close by there are many shops, bars and restaurants and its very easy to get to alanya using the dolmus which stops on the main road by the beach. The reception staff were very helpful whenever we needed any help. The hotel is very clean and we had fresh towels everyday. The food is of a very good standard with plenty of choice there was certainly nothing that we could complain about, we were full board which included local beer, wine and soft drinks. on a monday if you turn right out of the hotel there is a market at the top of the road. There are not many british staying at the hotel mainly eastern european but that goes for most of alanya from what we seen. Good hotel and would recommend visiting.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bettybooDevizes
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We were slightly apprehensive about the hotel and the food having read some of the reviews about this hotel. Don't worry! It's absolutely fine. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the rooms are a bit cramped, but we only stayed for a week so did'nt spend much time in the room. There were 2 adults and 2 children aged 9 and 12. Balcony is small but we managed all 4 of us on there with a little re-arrangement. Air con works fine just a bit noisy at times. The food was really quite good for half board. Breakfast was yogurt with jams, some cereal, toast, salads, various pastries and sometimes omelettes. Drinks are free with half board at breakfast. Dinner consisted of chicken in nice sauces, meatballs, sliced beef, lovely aubergine/tomato dishes, fish and around 6 different sweets!
I would recommend the Angel bar and Thomas's Place for a drink and great entertainment from the staff!
Also the Jeep Safari booked through Patriot Tours (Tommy Cooper) over the road is an absolute MUST!! It cost around £65 for a family of 4 for the whole day in which you visit a mosque,house and go to Dim Cay where you get your free lunch and swim in the river. Also a few water fights on the way. The small Aqua Park in the centre of Alanya is great for a few hours and is only about £50 for a family of 4. The dolmus service runs until about 01.00 and costs about 50p to get into Alanya itself. The beach is lovely but shelves off quite alot. The sea is a little choppy but fine for a bit of snorkelling.
Overall a great holiday for the money!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family