We stayed at Sentido Gold Island in July for 10 days, when we arrived we were not welcomed with the usual drink and flannels think this was hit and miss. The hotel itself looks great with the lights and the rooms are spacious and modern we had room 307 had a great view of the pool and ocean with a great balcony.
The one outdoor pool was nice and even with all the sunbeds taken up the pool wasn't too full, everywhere was kept nice and clean. The bar staff were good and remembered your drinks, the cocktail menu left a lot to be desired but it was bearable!
We had a turkish bath at the spa opting for in hotel rather than as an excursion which we are really glad we did, it was around an 1hr and a half treatment, we had a turkish bath and full massage it was fantastic around £30 great value for money.
Entertainment team were young and a little disorganised, they tried hard though and some of the evening shows were good however you didn't tend to see them for long periods of time during the day which wasn't really a problem for us, shows were repeated each week.
A downside were the evenings for us as a young couple, once entertainment finished at 1030 there was some music on outside till around 1130/12 and a 24hr bar inside but not a lot going on. The disco downstairs you had to pay for the drinks and on the two occasions we went inside it was empty we gave up after that. They really need to work on the disco.They also had food between 11-1 in the buffet restaurant however this consisted of the leftover soup from dinner and odd bits of salad. There may have been some of the unwanted main, not a great choice.
The food in the buffet at breakfast, lunch and dinner was a good selection i am sometimes fussy and was quite happy, some of the meat on the bbq they had each night was really good overall it wasn't bad, there were lots of puddings but these didn't really taste of anything. We went to the a la carte twice during our stay, not much different to the cooking in the buffet restaurant, you also had to pay for drinks other than the house wine and beer, considering they went to the hotel bar to get the drinks which was ten steps from the restaurant and in the all inclusive it didn't really make sense. We also found that other guests wore day shorts and flip flops in to the a la carte and weren't questioned on this.
We did one trip which was discover Alanya, this was okay went on a bit long and the town didn't have a lot to offer, others may disagree. We did have one evening when we had returned from the trip and the music was so loud outside that we couldn't sleep we phoned reception after an hour trying to sleep several times to complain and eventually it stopped (we rarely complain). We were told the next day a group of Belgian girls wanted a party and the music turning up not impressed.
- The room was spacious with a great view and balcony, comfy beds
- 24hr bar
- Pool was nice
- Hotel itself was nice
- Great weather
- Friendly staff
- Food selection was good
- Turkish bath was excellent great value for money
- Everything finishes around 1030/11
- Food between 11-1 was awful
- Entertainment team were hit and miss
- Disco was empty and unused
- A la carte was nothing special
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in an eye-catching and unusual style, the SENTIDO Gold Island hotel lies on a small peninsula surrounded by exquisite scenery and the turquoise blue sea. The hotel offers an unforgettable holiday experience, not least due to the sparkling lights of the building's exterior at twilight and the nearly 360 degree panoramic view across the sea. This is the perfect location for a holiday that leaves no wishes open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your SENTIDO Gold Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.