“what you pay for is what you get...for a four **** thumbs up”

Oba Star Hotel & Spa
Ranked #177 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“what you pay for is what you get...for a four **** thumbs up”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

if your looking to get away for a short break with the girls/ lads where your not hoping to use all the hotel facilities then this is definitely a decent hotel with excellent reception staff esp karem who always made sure we was happy. On the other hand the food could improve but there was always something available to eat/ drink. shower room and bedrooms were clean with wifi available at no extra charge. overall a good holiday and if I return to alanya again would definitely stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank valifamily

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
manchester
Reviewed October 18, 2013

To be honest I am very careful when it comes to booking hotels as this needs to be spot on to enjoy your holiday and after reading many reviews I decided to go ahead and book 2 rooms at Oba Star in Alanya as there were 7 of us. I must say I was quiet impressed with their standards as we received a nice welcome from Kerim the receptionist and he also arranged for one extra room free of charge. Rooms and bathroom are top conditions and every room has a small balcony.

Food is the only part which let us down on occasions but there was plenty to choose from for a 4 star and it was all inclusive so we didn't mind eating out if we did not like the food. Kerim also allowed us to have a late check out for a very cheap price which was very convenient for us. In short you can compare Oba Star with premier inn but a bit better version as it is cheaper, all inclusive and has swimming pools and also has a private beach.

I will definitely go back again and book with Oba star.to be be honest i am very carefull with booking hotels and after reading many reviews i decided to go ahead and book 2 rooms at oba star in oba as there were 7 of us. I must say

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank RizManchester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an ok size and theonce we got rid of the beds it worked out ok decorations are good the thing that lets it down is the size is the size of the bedrooms we had a double standard room which apparantly has 1 large bed and 2 single beds
The guys at the reception are very rude
After all our issues gt sorted by by the excellent lady at customer relations overall it was good but I wouldnt go back there especially with our 2 kids as its not save for kids under 5

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Alanya hotels

Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hello my name is Paula leon from Venezuela, travelling alone, single , my first time in turkey and I had the time of my life,the people was nice, partying with us, taking good care, I wish I remembered all their names, Astrid the PR she. Was the most energetic person ,resolving everything , the guy from the bar , the waitress , private beach, fun , friends ! I loveee it and missed them so much!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Paula L
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had 1 week all inclusive stay in May. Great Hotel, clean, good location, staff very friendly especially Ibo the restaurant manager. Nothing was a trouble always smiling. Only downside was the rooms a little small but very modern.
If I went to Alanya again would definitely stay in this Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GillyJ37
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've been here for the second time now and I am sure I'll return !
There is nothing to complain about: delicious food for every taste.. super nice, friendly and welcoming staff , who will help you with any request..and an allover very chic and modern hotel.
The hotel is best for any age... Families can profit on animation for the children and there are many activities offered at the pool and at the beach and young people can have wonderful nights of party in several clubs , which are organised by the animation team.
The rooms tend to be a bit small, but they've got everything you need to feel comfortable and they are very chic.

The beach is very clean and at this moment a big THANKS to the boys working there: You did your job very well. They did everything they could ,so you could have the best holiday atmosphere.

Thanks for an wonderful holiday, I will definetely come back to Oba Star:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Felinator
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for one week visiting friends, booked through the norwegian website finn.no.
The hotel is a regular charter hotel similar to other hotels in Alanya, not a spa hotel.
Visited the spa at the hotel one time (for hamam, massage and facial.) The hamamroom was ok, but rest of the spa was dirty and old fashioned. The guy working there was too pushy selling treatments (tried to sell stuff during my facialtreatment,) but the girls working there was nice. I'm used to the type of selling-culture, but I want to relax in a spa, so I did not go back, went other places.

Oba used to be a quiet place (first time I visited was 22 years ago,) but now it's party all evening long (until about 2 am.) The hotel is situated in the end of the main street, so If you need to sleep early, stay in another hotel:)

I needed late check out because I had a late departure, and had to pay a full all inclusive charge for one xtra night even If I only stayed for late check out. This is not good service. (They also charged for one xtra day for rent of deposit box. Not much money, but coul be nice not to pay as a little gesture from the hotel.)

The room was clean and nicely decorated, clean an spacious bathroom, food was ok (all inclusive,) and the straff was ok (even If I had to pay for one xtra night, they only did there job, but the management should change the charges.)

The hotel is ok, but not a spa hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo