All reviews recommend this hotel hotel is in a great location mini disco star hotel family hotel wi fi waiters coke
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it was available last minute but also had a number of fairly decent reviews so took a chance. We booked two adults two children.

My wife later went to town "TripAdvisoring" the hell out of it and warned it was very locals only and entertainment was limited. I'm pretty easy going and the lack of British people doesn't normally influence me so I went away with open eyes.

We got to the hotel as 6am, check-in took a couple of minutes and we were given our room key and that was that... No directions to the room... No biggie I thought.

Well we opened door to the room and I was impressed... Two huge rooms one with twin beds and the other with a double. Both had flat screen TV's and balconys (both locks didn't work though) and the land view of the hotel next door was OK. The room was modern and if anything actually looked too large as the limited furniture was lost in the scale.

We got up the next day after a couple hrs sleep and went to breakfast... First impressions of the full inclusive set-up was my wife having sour Milk on her cereal. There was a huge range of food though and although quite local in taste I found something nice almost every time, but slightly more fussy people might struggle. We next went to meet the rep at the time they stated... This didn't happen as they failed to turn up.

The next step was the pool for the day... Well the reports of limited sun beds were correct. For a medium size hotel there's a small pool with a handful of beds, nowhere near enough and the trouble was even though they were all reserved with towels only a third had anyone on them. (The next day I woke at 5am to place or towels.... There were already 50% gone but we went to breakfast thinking all was well. We later returned to find others had removed our towels and thrown them in a corner.)

As a result of the above we decide to cut our losses and head to the beach. The hotel is very close at about 1 minute walk but you need to cross a very busy main road. There is a subway but this was closed and being used as storage.

The beach we'd heard had a hotel section but we still had to pay for beds and drinks but the beach was nice so worth it but all inclusive could have covered this especially as the hotel facilities were tiny.

Anyway onto the evening... The only thing inclusive at the bar were beers, wine and a couple of spirits... Ice creams and cocktails were a lot more. Not that bad but every other hotels include this.

What I did start noticing though was the lack of British people staying there... Not a game changer but what was to happen next was probably influenced by this fact.

I noticed that we were starting to get slightly different treatment to others staying at the hotel. Nothing major but what started as being ignored at the bar for a few minutes turned into the barmen giving drinks they were pouring for us to other locals who walked up after us.

What we also noticed was the difference in the hotel guests to us. We always say please and thank you but no one seemed to do this... It honestly seemed like manners were a sign of weakness and even our smiles were met with turned backs most of the time.

This situation continued pretty much with the only people who were nice were Abdullah the local massage rep who was the funniest guy, Tahir the restaurant guy and actually the young members of staff who were the only other people there who smiled and interacted, the older generation could learn from them... The restaurant manager was the worst, very rude.

Onto the "entertainment". My daughter won a darts competition and joined in an aqua aerobics session in the day... All looked good but in the evening things turned worst.

The two from the animation team were smiling and polite but activities were very poor. The bingo was OK and later the snake show was OK but other nights there was nothing, shows advertised were cancelled as we were told not enough people... The only exception was Turkish night... This was full on... Fireworks, flags etc.. We later found out the owner was staying that night...

The final straw was during another night of cancelled entertainment where my daughter ordered a non alcoholic cocktail and walked back crying as she had been given the wrong drink despite questioning this with the bar man. I politely returned the drink asking could we have the right drink to be told they didn't have the ingredients... I said fine but asked for my money back as my daughter used her own funds to be told no too late. I then sternly said please can I have my money back to be told no but eventually he did give it back. I laughed saying we were still friends and he shouted no we weren't in front of the guests cursing me. He then just went mad telling off my children for playing and then refused to serve me a drink at exactly 23:00 but said I could buy one in "extra time", others were served.

This with other issues such as power cuts, losing British channels on TV and ropey toilets leave alot to be desired.

Would I go again? Nope. I reluctantly have to chalk this one to the Mrs.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Iankelly1
Reviewed August 20, 2016

My Wife, Daughter & myself stayed at the Grand Atilla for the last 2 weeks & overall it was a good clean friendly hotel ( a bit small with only 30 sunbeds in a 105 room hotel ),Extremely poor WiFi & you needed to constantly ask reception for the password in the first week. Animation team were great,the room cleaning staff were always courteous and smiling, bar staff were friendly & Tahir in the restaurant always had a welcoming smile, The hotel mostly caters for Europeans & Turkish, There was a total of 9 English in the hotel & we all got together in the evenings but attitudes changed on August 15th - we seemed to upset management ( no explanation ) & they stopped acknowledging us English & found it difficult to speak to us. The owner of the hotel frequently sat among the guests watching & seemed to take an interest in the amount of drinks at our table,( 2 drinks per person allowed ) & we did not abuse this limit, After this we found it a struggle to get served, We were ignored by bar staff, Made to wait whilst they pretended to wiped a surface or just served someone else, The restaurant manager was very unprofessional who loved his position of authority & if we dared to speak to him he would shrug & walk away (give Tahir his job and see happy guests all round). One person who does deserve a mention is Abdullah the local Hamman owner who was at the hotel everyday mingling with guests, Very funny & a true gentleman.
All in all what started as a great family holiday ended on a sour note. A full explanation would be greatly appreciated

Room tip: Choose a low floor with sea view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank IanNTracy
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Arrived late night and was not provided enough beds in the rooms although they knew there would be 10 guests. we were told that three adults should sleep together in a double bed. The wifi was poor and the electrictiy would go off. No bin was provided in the room making it diffcult to dispose of rubbish. The swimming pool was too small for the number of guests. The information given by the receptionist was often misleading. However the food was as expected and the waiters were very friendly and welcoming. The house keeping staff were very good. The staff excluding the receptionists seemed overworked and did not look like they recieved breaks. The hotel only had one lift that was not enoug as the cleaners were also using it to carry the laundry. It would occassionally break down therefore it made it diffuclt for my grandparents to get up and down. The bathroom facilities need to be improved by management as the work of the cleaners could not imrpove the shabby condition. The toilet seat covers were made of sponge and were very unhygenic. The toilet roll holder was positioned behind the toilet which made it difficult and pointless to use.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank _zareenmalik1
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Far far too humid and as its August swimming pool too small for number of guest plus Germans putting towels on sunbeds par for the course ... Hate the stupid wifi 'system' keeps dropping out so every time u need to go to reception (which was helpful) to get logged on crazy crazy crazy
Food was average of course it's only 3 star but room was ok many power cuts but generator kicks in so not stuck in life long Vbg

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank mchawkins1
Reviewed August 4, 2016

Staying in Grand Atilla was very nice and comfortable holiday.

The hotel staff is very kind and helpful. They are smiling and respect people. All the staff are nice: the animator Smiley, the staff in the restaurant and pool bar, and reception.

The room is comfortable and the facilities are clean. It was pleasure to stay. This is very important and the hotel is excellent in this sense.

The food is very good. The buffet is rich enough and they prepare delicious and clean, natural food.

The price is cheap as well. It was definitely worth: the quality and pleasure was more than the price.

I advise this hotel to everyone.

Date of stay: July 2016