“Winter holiday”
Review of Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo
Ranked #51 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel at the begining of november. We had AI service, however after some time they passed to HB. They told us it's winter program. However we stayed on AI till end of our holiday.
We had 2 raining days so we decided to spend those days in turkish bath they have in hotel. That was a great experiance, everybody must try it!
Food was lovely, with lots of different things to eat every day. Drinks are as everywhere else, local drinks.
City is not too far, about 3 km but there is a bus every 10 min. so we went to city quite often. Weather was nice. Sunny but not too hot.
Rooms are clean and we had a room at the corner of the hotel that gave us a wide sea and pool view that we just loved!
Lovely holiday, would love to do it again.

Room Tip: Hotel is shaped like leather L, and we got the room at the ending of longer side that gave us a wide...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Sebahattin P

Reviewed August 20, 2012

had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in june 2012, plenty space around the pool after breakfast, no having to get down early to get a lounger, breakfast was good and varied, lunch was for me just a snack but once again a big variety of foods were on offer, the same to be said for evening meal, bar service was great and the bar manager Hasim does an excellent job keeping the guests smiling & happy. Room service was good, every day our room was cleaned and fresh towels were supplied. On the whole a great hotel, will be staying there again on our next trip

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
17  Thank kelpic
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went on a holiday with my boyfriend and we decided to spend it in hotel Monte Carlo.
When we got there, we got much more than we expected. Hotel was so beautiful, rooms were new as well as the furniture. We had a LSD tv in our room!

Food that was served was amazing! Everyday we could choose between many delicious meals.
All personel working in the hotel was so friendly and always willing to help. No matter what you ask or need they will always offer help.

Hotel has the location that we wanted. It is close to the center but not in that busy way. They have their own beach that saved us money because we didn't have any extra costs about beach. They have sunbeds and umbrellas for free at beach as well as the helpful personel on the beach. If you need anything they are always there ready to help you.

Unfortunatly, our holiday went too fast, we wanted to stay much longer in such frendly place . That is why we will return to hotel Monte Carlo again next year but this time, we will take a longer holiday because that hotel really makes you feel like at home.

Room Tip: If you wish to have a great sea view, always choose rooms at the begining oh the floor ( 301- 2-3...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Adile8
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I loved the hotel, staff was very friendly, room was perfect. Food was good. The only thing i would change is the location. we had to take taxi to city centre. maybe 5 km there. but taxi is cheap so it wasnt big problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank Lillemor E
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our vacation lasted from May 13th to May 27th 2012 and our friends ended up staying an extra week. They shared the very same impression about the Monte Carlo hotel. First of all our rooms were newly renovated, with a nice balcony and view facing the sea with very tasteful furniture. The maid did an excellent job everyday, the room was spotless. The entire staff is extremely kind and helpful. We want to especially point out the restaurant staff, who do their jobs quickly and professionally, and frequently visit your table. We had an all inclusive arrangement, the food is made with a ton of fresh vegetables, so many great salads to choose from, different kinds of cheeses, meals with stewed meats and vegetables, and grilled fish among many more. Everyday there were fresh fruits and lots of sweets as well. The hotel has its own beach about 100 meters away. Every room has a TV but there were only 2-3 programs and not really much to watch, one of which was in German so as far as TV goes it was kind of useless. One thing we didn't reallly like was the loud music out of the bar coming from 2 huge speakers, which play from 2-5 pm and then from 10pm to midnight. So you can't really relax in peace near the pool or in your room during those times. We are already discussing making the same plans for next year and staying at the Monte Carlo again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank slobodan n
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Newly renovated beautiful hotel. The rooms were nice and clean with sea views and views to the pool area. Nice staff and good and varied food. The only drawback was that the entertainment was terrible, and began at 20, before dinner was ready. It was very annoying when they would have guests on toys. Had been more fun with entertainment 21.30 as we had been entertained with instead of having to participate. Now we were there one week from the 4th of May so maybe during the hold was better throughout the season. Besides the work, the hotel is highly recommended. We will be happy again :-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sølvi G
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Before going to Alanya and Monte Carlo hotel I read a lot of reviews on Russian internet pages and the reviews were quite ok. I guess I should have been more careful.
The location is ok- only about 150 meters from the sea. In the main building the rooms are ok (our room was in the main building). But at the same time they are not convenient at all. There is not even a shelf in the shower where you can put shampoo or soap, the only place you can hang your towel is above the toilet and the towel tends to fall in the toilet. The water is always running from the tap and you can't stop it.
The room can't be called really clean. They never wash the floor propelly, neither they do propper vacuum cleaning.
They totally ignor the signs "do not disturb" and "please make up room". They just come knocking at your door whenever they want to.
If you need soap or toilet pape you need to find the cleaning lady, because they never leave any new soap or paper.
We spent 15 nights at the hotel and they changed the towels and bed linen only 2 or 3 times. Both the towels and bed linen were old, with holes and some strange looking dirty spots.

The beach... well. It was also worse then we expected. There are huge rocks in the water and you can't always see it. Especially if there are waves it is not safe to enter the water, as if the wave pushes you your can be seriously injured. A couple of times we went bathing the the other beach, about 800 meters to the left (near the hotel with a "golden" statue on top). There are no stones and there is send so you can swim safely,

Personel. As long as you smile to them, they are nice. As soon as you are disappointed with something (cleaning of the rood, bed linen, whatever) and even if you keep smiling and being nice they start being rude. In fact they try to cheat you and get as many money from you as they can. If you do something they do not like they start screaming at you frightening you that they will call the police and the police will come after you and kick you out of the country or something. At least that was what they were telling us because we moved the sun lounders and umbrellar 4 meters closer to the sea then they originally were and when they came up and started moving our things together with the sun lounders and when I asked why the are doing it and refused to stand up before the explane they just started jelling at as and another couple who did the same trying to frighten us with police and never explained anything.

Another bad situation was when my husband broke the key card, that was at night, and when I asked for a new one, they said I need to pay 20 USD. I said that is not a reasonable price and asked them to show me official price list that states the price for the key card is really 20 USD and of cause they refused to do it in a rude form and they said I can sleep in the hotel holl. Then I asked them to call my travel agency or hotel administration, as their bahaviour and tone are absolutely unacceptable and they refused to do it as well. So, after a lot of argue they gave me the new key. Next day I learned from the reception boss that I should pay 10 USD. I payed the money, but since then any time I came to reception to ask for something they were sooo rude and nasty!
The only nice receptionis was a girl from Slovenia, who was alway very welcoming and eager to help.

Food: Quite ok. Almost never any meet, only chicken and soy something. Good variety of deserts, melon, plums, apples, grapes almost every day. But you should check the fruit carefully because some are rotten.
When we were leaving, instead of early breakfast we got lunch boxes and there was a black rotten tomato in my lunch box. Of cause I refused to eat it and went the the receptionist to change it (the same guy who wanted the 20 USD insted of 10 for the card), but he did not bother to do it, told me to go away a said something like I deserve it. I'll send the pictures a bit later.

Drinks: Water, coffee and tee- any time. There is no green tea though an the coffe is quite poor- powder coffee with powder milk.
There is some local alcohol in the bar, but the wine is very strange smelling, like a vinigar. The beer and raki are ok.
At the beach bar only water and 2 types of lemonade are free of charge. For everything else you have to pay.

Pools- wated smells chlor. I did not dare to swim there.

Room Tip: Rooms above the restaurant have a strong smell of food when they cook it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family