“Jade duncan”
Review of Acar Hotel

Acar Hotel
Ranked #128 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel was very good I travelled with my parents and my 3 children. The apartment we had was v.good.
The food wasn't always child friendly which was a disappointment.
Staff at the hotel were excellent always very helpful and very friendly esp with my 3 children.
Would def go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jade D

Reviewed September 17, 2012

arrived at the hotel at 6.30am thought we had walked in to a scene from faulty towers as a very rude woman was causing a scene,got checked in and was taking to a very small room after complaning we got moved and i must say the room was fantastic from then on we had a great holiday,its a true saying you get what you pay for this is 3 star not 5

Room Tip: we had a ground floor over looking the pool and it was great
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mary n
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Arrived at the hotel at about 6.30am after nearly 12 hours of travelling. Obviously hoping for an easy check in but that in itself took about an hour despite us being the only people checking in!
We had paid for 3 rooms. 1 single occupancy room for my partner's mum's foster child, who HAS to have a room to himself being 18. A twin room for my partner's mother and sister. And a family room for myself, partner and daughter age 3 (therefore in her own bed!).
We were finally given our allocated rooms.....a shared apartment for my family and the lad in care, and a tiny twin room for the other two!
The rude man on reception didn't care that we weren't allowed to share an apartment with the foster lad as we were not his carers and are not CRB checked. We were told to swap the rooms so that my family had the twin room. We argued with the receptionist endlessly that these were not the rooms we had paid for! He now expected me and my partner to push the single beds together and sleep with our daughter between us! He told us we offended him by talking about money(after saying we had paid full price for our daughter so she deserved a bed as much as we did).
We had no choice to sleep in these rooms til midday to get a few hours rest, but not before moving the furniture (table and stool) on to the balcony to allow room to get our suitcases in the room!
At 2pm we met the (English) rep who was very helpful and moved us to more appropriate rooms. They still weren't nice but at least we had the right amount of rooms and beds.

Grubby hotel! Sunbeds are on a patch of dirt away from the pool!
More of a hostel than a hotel!
NO ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!
At dinner time the staff come to put a tablecloth on your table that is ripped, stained and has fag burns through it!
We didn't once in the whole week seeing the area around the pool being cleaned!
There are a couple of polite staff but the rest are rude and ignorant and clearly hate their job....which is understandable!
Special mention for Hassan who is lovely and such a friendly face. He is a class above every body else there.

We weren't expecting a 5* hotel obviously but this was just unbelievable!

The location of the hotel however is lovely, and this is the only reason we were able to enjoy our holiday.
Thank god we weren't there for 2 weeks!

My advice - DO NOT BOOK AT THE ACAR HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank AimeeJamesLaney
Reviewed July 12, 2012

stayed here in july with my mam and my daughter arrivied at 1.30 in the morning,got checked in was taken to our room,well i would call it a match box asked to be moved they said that we would have to wait until the morning,we got up for breakfast to find no toast fried eggs etc,only sprouts salad and a lot of muck.When we complained the boy at reception said that they dont cater for english,and to go to the bar at the end of the road where they sell english breakfast with 20%off what a cheek we paid for ALL INCULSIVE.got room change still bad room asked to speak to the rep no rep to be found.we ended up paying for all our meals outside the hotel,the only thing we got ALL INCULSIVE was the drinks.then we had to carry them across a busy road to the hotel peckan as the swimming pool at the acer was full of germans who took up all the sunbeds and all the pool,well if you could call it a swimming pool that was also like a match box.As for a clean hotel i dont know if they know how to clean,also staff very rude.We would nver ever go to this DUMP again even if this was given to us.one last coment i would not let a dog stay in this hotel.BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank wales38
Reviewed June 20, 2012

....then you won't disappointed. It was the first time I booked an all inclusive vacation. Mainly because of the price. I don't think I will ever do it again. It's just not my kind of thing. The hotel is not in the center of Alanya but if you like walking it's about 30 minutes along the promenade to reach the center. Otherwise take the city bus which runs very frequently.. A bus stop is near the hotel. The hotel itself is more two than three stars. My room was more like a big closet. It had a double bed in it but even with a single bed it would have been very small. On the other hand most people won't stay very long in their rooms at this destination (sun, sea, beach etc). Dinner started at 7pm (no second earlier) but when I went to the dining room the first time there was no table available. It appeared that many guests already go to the dining room half an hour earlier . Unfortunately it was a bit cold to sit outside and the other room where you coudl eat (a kind of recreational hall) was uncosy with very loud music playing all the time (for whom?). Hot dishes were lukewarm. You could drink wine and beer as much as you like but the white whine was not cooled. Staff were not too interested. Maintenance not too good. All in all, if you are not too choicy, then this may be your hotel. However, I think that for the same price there a better hotels in Alanya.
P.S. I visited two hamams in Alanya. My favorite was Kleopatra.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank PenkiArnhem
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here in September 2011 with my boyfriend and his sister.

The rooms are pretty basic and small - once our two suitcases were on the floor, that left little room to move around in. The bathroom was small but adequate. The bed had a thin, hard mattress. The air aon however was good and the rooms were cleaned each day.

This is very much a hotel catering for German tourists - we were outnumbered at LEAST 10 to 1 so most signage is in German and the food is definitely for Germans. Good range of good each night generally and some nights they had a barbeque so freshly cooked meat. Each afternoon they cooked snacks (wedges and chicken nuggets which was good).

The pool was small but at low season relatively empty and we were able to get sunbeds most days. Staff were generally friendly - particularly one chap who renamed by boyfriend Ali as he had tanned so much, and always saying hello. The massueses were also excellent and good value - my back felt like new after a 45 minute hot stones session.

The beach is maybe 5 minutes walk away and had beautiful clear water (though very slippy seaweed covered rocks in the water - I had many scratches on my feet). Despite being all inclusive, you also had to pay for both the sunbed and umbrella and snacks/drinks despite staying the hotel "section". We walked back each lunchtime for food and put up with warm water to avoid racking up costs. They also seem to prefer Euros to Turkish lira which was frustating as most of our money was in the local currency.

By far the worst part of the trip was the transfer from the airport to the hotel - if you book through a low cost website, you are put on a minibus that travels all over the place (including opposite direction for a while!) Our journey took nearly 5 hours from airport to hotel!! We stopped off at a FILTHY service station with a toilet covered in ants and clearly never cleaned, and you were pretty much FORCED off the mini bus to go into this awful place. I feigned sleep on the journey back and dehydated myself. The other issue was smoking - you can smoke anywhere and our meals were usually ruined by chain smokers puffing whilst you tried to eat and also while you were lying on the sunbeds (disgusting).

Overall, the Acar was adequate if you are looking for a budge hotel and don't mind being surrounded by Germans who are far more catered for. We spent most of our time just lazing at the pool / beach reading and thus it was okay for us. If you were looking to spend more time in the hotel / experiencing Turkey, probably not for you.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eskarina1
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I would like everyone to come to a very nice service, this hotel is perfect, rooms are very nice meals're building a very nice taste everything wonderful dishes anyone would like to visit this hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo