“The Adana Hilton Hotel and 2013 New Years Eve Party”
Review of Adana Hilton SA

Adana Hilton SA
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Adana
Adana, Turkey
“The Adana Hilton Hotel and 2013 New Years Eve Party”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Beautiful, clean, elegant, open spaced, and bright hotel.
We reserved our room online, but online did not offer extra amenities such as breakfast or the New Years Party.
Check-in service was fast and nice. The whole staff seems to be able to speak and understand English. But they tried to charge us 40TL each (we had a party of 3) for breakfast! -This price is way too high! I've eaten breakfast all around Adana and usually pay 100TL for a party between 7-9! So we declined. The receptionist then offered an upgrade to the room for only 40TL more which would included breakfast for all 3 of us. We accepted that.
Breakfast was between 7 and 1100 with a large selection of traditional Turkish food, and was worth 40TL per room, not each! But it was extremely crowded to where we had to sit outside in the cold where the tables are not made. It took a long time for a waiter to realize we were there, so we ate half our meal with our hands and did not get our drinks until the end.
The fact you cannot view or see fixed prices of the rooms and their packages with the breakfast included can leave a person questioning if they are changing prices depending on the guests.
The room was great. We had the privilege to stay in a dual twin bedroom on the river side. It was very nice, spacious, and clean. The bathroom was one of its best parts being very spacious itself with a deep and long bathtub then most hotels, but also its separate standing shower made out of nice tile and showerhead. There are also two sinks. The room's window is amazing that it takes up the whole wall and has a large window sill you can sit on. The view of the city, Central Mosque and the Roman bridge are amazing!
We visited the Hotels bar. The drinks are expensive at 18-25TL! But during happy hour they are half off which is what we all got. The bartender takes extra time and care to make a drink, he does it like an art form, and can take 5-8mins to prepare, but it's entertaining to watch. But I made the mistake of putting my empty glass back on the bar counter and went back to our table. The bartender then made another drink, for all of us without our knowledge and also charged us. Happy hour was also over by this time, so our bill was over 100TL for 5 drinks!
When we got to the Hilton we knew there was a New Years Party and thought it was possibly for the guests. But it was not. There was a separate entrance fee of 200TL each and the party was full. But after we asked about it, the parties' planners were able to make room for us and even seated us at a table upfront! We were the only non-Turkish people there, and had a blast! The food, drinks, band, DJ, dancing, magic show, were all excellent and I recommend the event to anyone. Some people even had kids there!
During our stay we used valet parking, mostly because we could not find where any regular parking was. From what we know we were not billed any extra cost to use valet, but we left the attendant a nice tip.
The Hilton and it’s amenities are expensive and if it was not for the exchange rate we would not have been able to afford this experience.
It's my understanding the hotel does not have a shuttle, but the hotel is located close enough to the roman bridge (south), which walking across takes you straight into Old Adana, the old clock tower, and the Turkish markets in that area. Walking North of the hotel is Optimum mall, 4 story shopping mall with food court, Starbucks, tons of stores, movie theater, arcade, even an ice rink. And west of that within walking distance is Central Mosque and Park, and Adana's Architectural Museum.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Corrine R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Adana Hilton is good hotel as should be expected from a Hilton. The rooms are nice and spacious enough; the view from the river side rooms is excellent (considering its Adana).
The restaurant and bars are excessively expensive, but the quality is good (again to be expected from a Hilton). The staffs are nice and speak great English. Internet will cost you extra; you can self-park for free or use the valet parking for a modest sum.

The hotel gym is well appointed with new equipment, however it can be somewhat crowded by body builders which does tend to leave some odor. There is a nice running/walking path around the grounds of the hotel, and you can take a very nice stone pedestrian bridge right next to the hotel to walk across the river and enjoy the park or some shopping.

There are a number of good eating places outside the hotel within walking distance (as long as you like meat)…. After all one of the most famous kabobs in Turkey is the “Adana kabob”.

Room Tip: River view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is nice. It's big. It's clean. It is a Hilton, but run by the Sabanci family. Hence the "SA." I have no complaints on the room. But the service, for the price you pay, is mediocre at best. For example, no one could tell me where to go for an Adana Kebap. One even insisted that the best is at the hotel. As the story unfolded, the staff is not permitted to recommend anything other than hotel services. I did not come to Adana to entertain myself with the hotel! I found that extremely frustrating.

The staff, likewise, would not tell us how to take public transportation to the airport and suggested that we taxi it. It's a 10 minute ride. Less than 2TL each, versus 20TL. With few bags, I found this a no-brainer, and also more in the style of Haci Omer himself. I think he would frown upon what's going on with the hotel.

Everything, and I mean everything, was about earning another dollar. For example, we paid for one breakfast, approximately $12-$15 each, online when booking. But we arrived very early. So we asked about breakfast. At first, we were just denied. Then we were told that we could have breakfast, at 40TL each. And of course, they knew of no other place in the entire city, where we could go out for a more reasonably priced meal. They finally offered a menu of sandwiches. It was 9 am, so I didn't really want a sandwich. I finally asked how much "Tost" was - a very dry form of a grilled cheese sandwich. 15TL. So we ordered one and 2 cups of tea. 25 minutes later, we were served one sandwich, and one pot of tea, which poured about 1.5 cups. When we paid, we were told the sandwich was now 18TL, an the tea 8TL per person! Freaking highway robbery!

Finally, a room was ready. I had booked a Non-smoking king. I had inquired about an upper level and away from the elevator. When asked which was my priority, I assumed we were discussing the elevator or the level. No, it was smoking or king. Seriously??? Even in Turkey, I was pretty sure smoking was now banned in the rooms.

So we ended up with a "smoking room. I promise you it does not smell." It smelled like ungodly perfume and the AC was blasting. Once we turned off the AC, it smelled foul of both smoke and the perfume they sprayed to cover it.

To be fair, they did offer the river view for 40TL more. I assumed they would be empty and give me the room. They were not, So it didn't surprise me that they would ask for money for the view. What did surprise me is that when we booked, directly from Hilton's website, it was only 15TL for the river view. No where did it mention that it was an Online Special, as the staff member was now claiming.

Beer, wine and other beverages? Actually cheaper from room service than they were in their restaurants or from the mini-bar. Food prices varied as well. Believe me, that tost was listed cheaper in the room service menu! Nothing special about the food. We went to the Asian restaurant, which was nothing more or better than the Chinese restaurants in Ankara. They did have an advertisement in the menu about their special Pad Thai. The waiter was not able to tell me anything about it other than it was a rice noodle. Apparently, the chef also has no idea what Pad Thai is. Noodle, egg, scallion, and a hot sauce. Hmmmmmm.

We waited about 10 minutes before they brought the dinner menu. Then we asked for a drink menu. It was only wine. And a glass of Angora was extremely overpriced. Angora also happens to be the one wine that I just can't tolerate. It's really bad. We asked about beer and we were given a 3rd menu! Too bad we had already ordered dinner. This menu actually had sandwiches and other more reasonably priced meals! Of course, don't show me that!

Our food arrived before we even placed a drink order. We settled on sharing one beer at 18TL!!

Sunday buffet. Nice - especially since we paid in advance. However, when I needed a napkin and walked to two neighboring tables to find one, I was politely scolded by a waiter who told me I only needed to ask him. I hadn't seen him standing behind me on the outdoor deck. But he did see me. He saw me go to both tables. Perhaps he could have asked whether I needed something?

Bottom line - very nice hotel. But if you need to know anything, look it up before you get there. And if you want anything out of the ordinary, remember, just because you are in a fancy hotel, does not mean you are out of Turkey. I have accepted the typical laxidasical response of the service industry in this country. I live with it every day and I see it as just a different style of life. But this is a Hilton. A very expensive Hilton. If you want to charge HIlton prices, than meet the Hilton standard. Looking good is not enough. Being friendly (sometimes) is not enough. Actually knowing your job, and being able to "serve" is what it's all about!

Room Tip: When traveling Turkey, it's often wise to show up with cash in hand to get a better price. At t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BulentTarlan, General Manager at Adana Hilton SA, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us on Tripadvisor.

I have read’ your comments with utmost care and I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay at Adana HiltonSA and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We always try to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.

I would like to inform you that our Management Team has been communicated about your review regarding our general service, restaurants and rooms. We will be taking your review into careful consideration to make sure that our guests receive excellent service at all times.

We will be delighted if you can contact directly Executive Office for your next stay, despite your disappointment on this occasion, so that we can greet you in person and do our best to exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here on business for one night. Arrived quite late after a long journey. Check-in staff very slick, very friendly. 5th floor room with a great view of the city and the landmark mosque. Room and bathroom very clean and finished to a very high standard. Room had two very large single beds - very comfortable. Had a meeting in the atrium bar - service was very attentive and the guys kept the free snacks coming as we steamed through bowl after bowl of delicious spicy nuts.
Breakfast was excellent. Again, friendly, attentive service, great choice of food and lots of strong coffee to fuel the morning. Check-out was quick and slick. One of the best business hotels I've stayed in - a very slick, professional set-up.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the city - a stonking view from the 5th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We arrived late in the eve, but got a nice service at the reception. We got an offer to upgrade to Executive Class (for a reasonable price), so we got a nice room, with a gorgeous view of the river and the city. We got the access to the Executive lounge. I think it was worth it since we enjoyed our tea or coffee time any time during a day. We didn't feel like exploring the city so much, so we stayed by the pool, enjoyed the nice spa. The facilities are well-appointed and comfy (gym, 2 pools, tennis court, Turkish bath...). The breakfast served downstairs was delicious with a wide selection. The breakfast in the lounge was just a miniature of the main restaurant. We also missed some pies or cakes during the day (together with coffee or tea). Only later we heard that they had stopped serving it in the lounge only recently, which is a pity.
As for WiFi, it is true that it's very expensive but thanks to the Management and our mutual negotiations we got it complimentary. Definitely, they should do their best to provide the service gratis.
The staff of the hotel were extremely polite and kind, always helpful.
A big shopping mall (Outlet) is located only like 300m from the hotel, across the road.
The location of the hotel is excellent since the airport is near, it costs around 20TRY to get there by taxi. We recommend to spend some time by the pool and in nearby park.

Room Tip: Upgrade if possible, it's worth the money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BulentTarlan, General Manager at Adana Hilton SA, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed feedback.

It is a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kşnd Regards,

Adana HiltonSA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Modern multistore hotel overlooking the river and the great mosque - certainly the right location in Adana, Turkey. Good service, good rooms and comfortable beds - it is difficult to find things to complain about... - but: WiFI is not complimentary! You have to pay too much for this service that in 2012 should be included in the price at a luxury hotel! It is not golden standard any longer to overprice this to your guests.
Be sure to ask for one of the rooms overlooking the river and the Mosque!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river and the Mosque!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

I hereby would like to express my pleasure to see that you have enjoyed your overall stay at Adana HiltonSA as this motivates us to do better in the future.

As to your comments regarding our internet service, please be kindly advised that our high speed wireless Internet service is provided by an external provider.

For and on behalf of Adana HiltonSA team members, we will be looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit but not in the distant future.

Kind Regards,

Adana HiltonSA
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed October 31, 2012

as per most Hitons, this did not disapoint and is full of the usual standards, if not more so. staff extremely pleasant and courteous. breakfast superb and food of very high standard. rooms of usaual high standar with all the needs, icl tea + coffee, iron, board fridge etc. Close to airport at about 10 euros taxi drive, and situated next to the ancient bridge and across form the v spectacular mosque. Only draw back being no bars close by or appeared not to be and thus reliant on hotel bar ar extravavagant cost.

Room Tip: try and c==face the mosque so you have good view for a nice picture
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business