“Average Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 47 Hotels in Adana
israel
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay in the hotel at a work trip.
The hotel rated 5 star hotel but I think it should be 3.5 to 4 stars no more!
My room was on the 6th floor, I asked for a non-smoking room but the smell in the room and the sheets smelled of cigarettes that was not nice!
Meals are ok, there is a buffet and a large supply.
Internet service (WIFI) are free and at very high speed and no disconnections in the hotel (including room)
The hotel has a nice Turkish bath free for hotel guests.
The hotel is located in the Old City and is accessible by foot everywhere.
In the afternoon gathering large lobby pounders of men sitting and talking on the hang of the day what makes the lobby to be busy!

Room Tip: no smoking !!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank yaari_r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Merelbeke, Belgium
Reviewed January 17, 2013

the hotel is worth 4 stars, not 5. The doors seem to be cardboard, if someone talks in the corridor you hear it too well. Also, the nearest mosque must be pretty close, as every morning at 5:45am I got a wake-up shout by the local imam, probably inviting me for the morning prayer ... Double glass would be welcome in order to reduce the dB-level of this invitation :-)
I had a non-smoking room (7th floor), but I saw traces of cigarettes (brown burning stains) on the carpet.
The whole interior is up for some refurbishing.
Breakfast is ok, but not up to 5-star standard.
Stayed in January, so no idea about the functioning of the air-conditioning.
Staff is helpful, but any language except Turkish is a problem.
The light in the lobby is too cold (first generation energy saving light bulbs).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bodrum, Mugla, Turkey
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Me and my family stayed there for 3 nights and couldn't wait to leave. Staff were so rude.

Everytime we dialed down for room service we were hung up on so had to go down to reception everytime to order.

Staff would bring water, tea and coffee over that you hadn't ordered and tell you it was free, then charge you for it.

All rooms have a leaflet in them stating in turkish and in english that the turkish bath is free for guests, so me and my family went and had a turkish bath one afternoon and all we had was the basic scrub, foam massage and sauna (which is a turkish bath with no extras) and then we were charged 75 lira each!!!!! As well, it was the most awful turkish bath ive ever had, the fat old man in there, i would say needs sacking right away, his hands were in your bikini bottoms groping your bum and trying to get his hands into your bikini top as well, i had to keep telling him to stop! After arguing with the manager the charge for the turkish bath finally got taken off our bill, but before this we were told that the leaflets saying it was free meant that it was only free if you went and had a look at the baths!!!

We also had money taken from the room when we went down for breakfast and had left a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door and on another occasion when we had a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door the staff came in when we was sleeping. When i heard the door unlock i nearly jumped out of my skin, because it was so hot i was only sleeping in my knickers and my husband was completely naked, luckily they heard me yell out in time and promptly exited our room, although in hindsight its a shame we didn't see who it was because thats was probably the staff that stole our money.

The staff do not look after guests at all, its like they purposely try and make your stay there horrific! I've never stayed in a hotel with as many stars as this one, and i never complain but as me and my family were in adana for my wedding we wanted to stay somewhere really lovely but give me a 2 star hotel anyday over this horrendous experience! NEVER AGAIN. It's put me off ever wanting to go back to Adana.

Room Tip: All my families rooms were clean and comfortable, we couldn't complain about that.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Claire_84_12

Travelers are raving about these Adana hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice hotel but a bit overpriced. It is well located and the rooms are big, but they could use with some updating. The staff was super helpful and the pool was excellent. Don't get it confused with the other Surmeli across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have already written one review earlier on this hotel but I stayed again late that same month (April 2012) for 2 more nights and tripadvisor has not allowed me until now (3 months later) to post another review.

What a disappointment this second stay was. One would think for a return visitor they would be treated well but ooooh no. We arrived early one morning (admittedly without a booking) and asked “if they had a room available for 2 nights”. They gave us a room early to check into but it wasn’t as nice as the room we had, had the last time so we asked them “if we could be moved to another room” and they said “that we could and that our bags would be moved for us accordingly”. We then headed out for the rest of the day and were not returning until the evening.

Coming back around 9pm after a tiring day out we went to reception to find out what our new room number was only to find out that nothing had changed and we had not been moved to another room! Expressing disappointment and being told by reception “that there were no other rooms available, full house” I was not prepared to accept that reason given that they had not kept to their earlier commitment! Obviously we had been forgotten about.

The other thing that was annoying was initially at arrival to reception other customers coming in after were actually being served before us when all we were wanting was our room number and key (I said to my partner “we obviously don’t exist”). When we eventually got served we stood arund for a further 15 minutes with the receptionist not offering any solution for change of room UNTIL I said “well I want my money back on my credit card - we will go to the another hotel around the corner” - it wasn't until that moment that miraculously out of nowhere she managed to find a new room for us.

The room was much better than the dodge they had given us in the morning but it left a sour taste in my mouth, particularly given the amount of time that we had wasted at reception, after a long day out, and a big question mark of ‘why they hadn’t kept to their earlier commitment’. It shouldn’t have taken for me to say “I want my money back” for another room to be offered by this most unaccommodating and unapologetic female receptionist.

I would not stay there again and it just goes to show that this hotel doesn’t really have much respect for returning customers!!

The only positives are the breakfast and location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank havachatkiwi
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had a Large room with an interesting "Rain Shower" tub, everything worked. Good shopping area with several old but adequate department stores. While we were there, there were loads of locals attending events. The hotel has 3 elevatators - but only one goes to the 8th and 9th floors - very slow.

Room Tip: Below the 8th floor so all the elevators will get you there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Glemsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2012

rude staff, cold food, waiting to get served at bar while the staff stand infront of you and chat for 10 mins. no safes in rooms,dirty room.

Room Tip: dont come to adana
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business