“Charming.”

Ranked #2 of 25 Adana B&B and Inns
Tehran, Iran
“Charming.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Charming boutique hotel made mostly of wood. If you are into boutique hotels I highly recommend this one. Very helpful English speaking staff (which was rare in Turkey!). I booked on the phone from the lonely planet and I read that the rooms facing the street were noisy, so upon arriving I asked for one that wasn't on the street side and they didn't have any available BUT they upgraded us to a junior suite instead which was very nice. Rooms spacious/clean/good size bathroom. You have the view of the Mosque and I liked the location. The restaurant is very good/breakfast was standard nothing special. Doesn't have a proper parking space. In total worth the price and we were really happy with the service and the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is not on the street side and on the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moontab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed January 6, 2013

GOOD

1. A comfortable queen bed. Two sweets were placed on the bed when I arrived.

2. A refrigerator in the room (a bit hard to find in a cupboard).

NEGATIVES

1. My room is very noisy. There is a dual carriageway immediately outside the hotel. It is busy (and noisy) afternoon, evening, night time and early morning. The windows (although double glazed) are made of wood and don’t fit very well. I don’t find it relaxing listening to heavy traffic all the time that I am in the room. There is a mosque in sight of the hotel but the call to prayer at 04:30 didn’t go on for too long.

2. Breakfast the worst have had in Turkey. No choice. The waiter (who wouldn’t have been out of place in a British sit com as grumpy waiter) threw the dishes down in front of me and muttered to himself. The cay was weak. The portion (of what there was) – was small. Getting a second cup of cay was an effort. I was hungry and was reduced to eating the processed cheese portion – they are no better in Turkey than they are in the USA. I was joined in the breakfast room by a hotel employee – his first act was to put Turkish TV on – loud so that he could watch. I took my cay to my room to finish.

3. My room (described as a deluxe) has a seating area and a sleeping area. The sofa looks directly at the doors to the balcony – a good view of the dual carriageway and a prime position for road noise. You can’t watch the TV from the sofa – it is in the bedroom. No desk or work table – just a coffee table to work from.

4. Two small towels in the bathroom (hardly adequate for a shower) – but there are dressing gowns.

5. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room. When I arrived – hot and stressed – I wanted a cup of something – frustrating to have to go and search for a hot drink. No iron or ironing board.

6. Other reviews describe antiques – there are none in my room.

7. Photographs of the hotel seem show it has being in gardens that are immediately next to the river. By getting the angle right they don’t show the busy dual carriageway.

8. There is no dedicated parking and employees seemed concerned about where I had parked (on a small road behind the hotel).

CONCLUSION

The noise is the killer for me. For very little more I could have stayed in the Hilton – which is next to the river in gardens and has way much better facilities.

Room Tip: Any room at the front will have a lot of noise. Rooms at the back have no view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A lovely old mansion with spacious and comfortable rooms at moderate prices. All mod cons including tea making facilities, air con, bar fridge etc. Ours had a little annexe with another TV and chairs.
Very helpful and pleasant staff who were able to speak some English.
I noticed at times they were very busy with large groups of people arriving late at night.
It is located next to the river and ancient Roman bridge.
I would definitely recommend staying here/

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2012

POSITIVES

None

NEGATIVES

I booked through a popular website and arrived on the booked day. I was tired after a long day travelling. The clerk told me that the hotel was full and that my booking had not been received. She referred to a FAX machine and explained that it wasn’t reliable. That gave rise to thoughts about why is a prosperous hotel using a known to be unreliable FAX and why hadn’t the FAX been replaced? Interestingly, she referred to my next booking (for 12 days time) which had clearly been printed off on a laser printer. If you wanted to, you could replace a FAX machine with an email account or an electronic virtual FAX in 3 minutes (I assume that an average 14 year old could too – it does need a card which is for sale on Amazon for $12.). No FAXs ever lost. Clearly there already was a computer present.

However, if you want to overbook and have a convenient excuse; then an ageing FAX may appear a plausible reason at first.

The manner of the clerk was also interesting: she couldn’t careless and couldn’t be bothered to conceal the fact from me. I had to push her to suggest another hotel – she clearly wasn’t willing to suggest one. She reluctantly mentioned another hotel and said that she could get me the special rate of TL140 per night. I went to the hotel and their standard rate was TL100 per night. Was she including her commission or was she unsure about the other hotels rates?

Strange, isn’t it that one’s booking is only lost when the hotel is full. I have never arrived at a hotel to be told that they haven’t received my booking but they do have a room available. I wonder if that is because they have sold my booked room to someone who paid more?

CONCLUSION

I believe that this hotel cynically overbooked to increase its revenue. If you want to rely on having somewhere to stay I’d advise you to take your business elsewhere. I am only sorry that I booked two stays ahead of my first encounter with the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joe_33
Kazan, Russia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

one of the best hotel in Adana with a view of Seyhan river from top roof restaurant. Just in front of main road with lots of transportation choices. Also u have beatiful green area just across the street. 5 min walk to old Adana district. Easy to reach bus and airport terminals. It used to be an ald mension dated back by 150 yrs. Rooms very cozy, large enough, nice, big bedrooms and shower place. Helpful, very friendly staff. Just minutes walk to most attractions.

Room Tip: back rooms if very attentive to noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mete_canbolat
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The main reason Adana makes it on the itineraries of travelers in Turkey is because this large eastern city has the most air connections to other Turkish cities with international airports. That said, if you are going to stay in Adana, the Hotel Bosnali is a great choice. It is in the middle of town, but only a quick drive to the airport. Its riverside park location offers a good choice for a bit of exercise and the view from the rooftop restaurant and bar is superb. I looked at three rooms in the hotel and would have been happy in any. Ours (#106) had a nicely separated sitting area and felt even larger than it was. Other reviewers have pointed out the strong points of the hotel and I agree with them. I grade harder, however, and can’t compare the Bosnali with a hotel like The Peninsula in Hong Kong. I would happily stay in the Bosnali again (and have another quiet beer enjoying the view from the roof).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank David W
California
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Hotel Bosnali is a great little (12 rooms) boutique hotel situated on the river in Adana. We had a suite (the luck in our tour group) which had a large comfortable king size bed and two TVs. There was a minibar in the room and there is free wi-fi. The bathroom had a great shower, alas no tub. A restaurant on top gives you views of the largest mosque in the Middle East, the river, and the old Roman Bridge. It's location is also opposite the Adana Hilton. This is a great place to stay while visiting the city. Double rooms started at 110 Euros.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple