“Amazing”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tabarka
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spent an excellent week in this hotel , the rooms are well cleaned , nice view of nature and sea from the balcony.The staffs are so lovely and helpful , always with smiles. everything is well organised and its not far the city of Tabarka. So if you want to have a good holiday , you have to register in this hotel ;)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Staying at this hotel was very good. Food, room, pool all wonderfull. There was a large range of sporting activities - perfect.
The only thing that I really did not like, the bartenders at the pool could not manage to make drinking - formed a queue.
LIKE IT and I can recommend to young couples!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

As you can see from previous reviews, when the hotel ceased being good enough for the French, they forked it over to Czechs and Slovaks.

It is exactly what it is - a three star hotel in Tunisia. So if you think that you are getting a great hotel with great service with your cheap, last minute trip, think again.

the staff is ok, even though if you don't like animation programs, don't go. They will come to you 5 times a day and offer water aerobics, darts etc, even if you never go. I guess that's what they're paid for.

The rooms are spacious, clean, even though they do not look very attractive due to old furnishings. The view was of a back area with garbage, but no smell.

Restaurant is ok, food lacks variaty day to day, but is ok. Be careful of bones in the fish.

The coffee shop in the hotel lacks service but is a nice place to sit in the evening.

All inclusive is just ok, afternoon snack are fries with no ketchup or mayo. Lines for drinks are not too bad.

Pool has a little shady color, but had no problems. Sea is a bit away, across a road and down a hill, but is ok. We didn't use it.

You have to take a taxi to go to the city, but there's nothing there really.

the golf course is close, but you still have to take a taxi to get there as the entrance is on the opposite side of the course than the hotel.

On the last day the whole group placed our luggage in the storage room and when Iwe left I realized the staff stole a carton of cigarettes from my suitcase.

All in all if you come with no expectations, you will not be disappointed. If you're looking for a 5* experience, go pay 2-3times more.

• Stayed August 2010
Cork
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I am hotel manager with international experiences and as well in my past as travel agent and this was my trip to relax on the beach after a few years of opening and running a few hotel in Europe so I was looking for relax only. What a shock when we saw for the first time our hotel beach, down the hill and a rocks instead of sand in this beach and entry to the ocean, very uncomortable entrance and dangerous as well. I am easy and understanding person but this was a unhappy suprice of course of all we had on this pur rtrip with my colleague and firend from work. Food was almost the same each day, not enought clean cuttlery and glasses for drinks, slow service, dirty tables, cold food, terrible. I do not recomend this place not the hotel it self which is nice, but service and the beach which is really pitty.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Tabarka hotels

Hampshire
Reviewed November 5, 2008

We went out of season but this is no excuse for the shockingly bad experience we had. We arrived to find we were the only guests in a 300 room hotel and for this reason they refused to provide light or heat. In the evening we used the lights of a mobile phone to manouevre three flights of stairs. We were insulted by rude and disinterested staff and felt frightened most of the time. We are quite well-travelled but this exceeded all of our worst experiences. Staying at the Golf Beach for two nights (we had to leave) was like staying a month at The Shining's Overlook Hotel. Steer clear.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — it was frightening
  • Stayed October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Its that time of year when the kids get restless and need a break. Our solution each year is the same. Djerba Tunisia.

We usually travell to Djerba about three times a year and each time it is a wonderful and different experience. Last time I was there for New Years with my husband . We had a wonderful time but promised we would take the kids next time. I have two boys ages 13, and 6 and a beautiful girl age 10. Their tastes are so different about everything but one thing they have in common and love is the sun and the beach. Even though it was to cold to swim outdoors they enjoyed the indoor swimming pool at this wonderful hotel we stayed at called Framissima Golf Beach. The service, staff, accomendations, and food was excellent. My husband and I were so impressed with the attention and hospitality we received from everyone working there, especially the head maitredi named Rejeb who supervised breakfast lunch and dinner. It was a buffet style setting so you served your self but Rejeb made sure that my children were taken care of and gave them special care and attention that I will never forget . We only stayed three days but it was one of the best family vacations we have taken thanks to everyone at Golf Beach Hotel I recommend this to anyone who would like to take a family vacation and know that your children will love it there.

1 Thank ginalibya
Prague
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Good value for money. Relatively clean rooms, good beach but far from hotel (abt 500 mts), good but not very imaginative food. Entertainment is OK but all the place is crowded by Czechs and Slovaks, practically no one else. Staff is helpful, but somehow lazy. Tabarka is not a nice place, but good spot for diving with some interesting places.

• Liked — cheap allin meals
  • Disliked — noisy place with thin walls
  • Stayed July 2005
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabarka
La Cigale Tabarka
#1 of 1 in Jendouba
El Mouradi Hammam Bourguiba
El Mouradi Hammam Bourguiba
#1 of 4 in Ain Draham

Been to Golf Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!