1,890 results
All reviewssea viewanimation teammain restaurantpancakesbar staffwonderful holidaypool barbeefwater sportsentertainmenttunisiaantssellersgerman
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just returned from a week with my hubby from this hotel and what can I say, it was fabulous. Rooms were great, cleaned daily, food was great, hotel staff were great. The waiters were fantastic and your glass was never empty, refilled without having to ask. Hotel manager Mr Manuel was the perfect host, his hotel and staff are a credit to him. Would definitely recommend and am looking to book again next year.

7  Thank Claire W
Reviewed June 1, 2012

had a fab time, stayed here for 2 weeks, very relaxing chiilled out holiday, asked for room change at start because wanted double bed, and was gven a fab room at no extra cost and it was twice the size.

Staff were nice, if you give them a tip every now and again they make sure you are well looked after well.

My only gripe, and want to make people aware when you change your money at the desk get a print out as they under pay you by a few dinar's, i didn't question them aboutt it but i noticed it and justt thought i would pass this on, as if they do it to everyone they are on a good thing arn't they. But was a lovely holiday and can't fault anything.

Another thing to tell you you can tune in the tv as there is 2 english film channels and 3 new channels ask them to tune in for you but rememeber there are 2 film channels or they will only tune in 1 and there are some half decent films on.

se

7  Thank mishhd
Reviewed June 1, 2012

To be honest we stayed at the Riu Imperial Marhaba because I was unable to book a single room at The Bellevue next door where I have stayed twice before but I was not disappointed, The feeling you get on arrival is of luxury, acres of marble, chandeliers and the smoothest
running lifts I have ever known. The staff were always polite, smiling and couldn't do enough for you. Everywhere was spotless, including the hallway carpets, bedrooms and public areas. The maid's inventiveness with the towel sculptures had to be seen to be believed and the flowers she scattered around the room were very pretty.When I spoke to her she was most concerned that I was happy with how she had cleaned the room.
You will never go hungry at this hotel, we didn't particularly like the night when fish was the main thing on the menu but there was always an alternative to be found. The scrambled egg at breakfast was the best I have ever had in any hotel. The beach restaurant at lunchtime was very busy but we waited til about 1.15pm and the waitress always found us a table. I
do wonder how the beach and main restaurant will cope now that 900 guests are expected this week. On Fridays the hotel manager cooks his speciality of paella at the beach restaurant.
We went to the Chinese/Japanese restaurant which made a change but it is still self-service. The Tunisian restaurant I believe is waiter service but in the main restaurant we also had Chinese,Italian,Tunisian and Spanish themed nights. For early pickups there is a continental breakfast laid out in either the Tunisian or Chinese restaurant every day from 5am.
Laura, the Thomson rep is brilliant, it is well worth going to at least the first part of her meeting as she lives in Tunisia and has lots of tips. She keeps in contact with the guests and goes out of her way to put right any little problems you may have. She got the air conditioning time extended til 10pm which was great as I was in room 336 which got direct sun all afternoon and eveninng. She unfortunately wasnt able to get my hairdryer fixed, the handle was held together with sticky tape which peeled off when it got hot. Ladies, take your own dryer.
The three man entertainment team work their socks off providing daytime and evening entertainment, Zizou is a brilliant dancer. He also managed to talk my borther-in-law into swapping his saucy towel with one of his own before we left! The outside entertainers weren't very good, an organist, two guitarists and a Fakir on three nights. The entertainment room is small for the number of guests but we were told that it is to be extended and will include a bar.
The bars get busy, the lobby bar has a smoking section on the bar side and the piano bar has a smoking section at the far end. The pianist started at 8.30pm which was when we went to dinner so we didn't hear much of his playing. The waiters buzz around getting drinks as quickly as possible.We tipped a dinar for the first drink. At the pool we tipped a dinar a day and the beds and mattresses were brought to us immediately the pool guy saw us.
Taxi to the port is five dinars each way (about £2.40). If you want souvenirs of pottery, jewellery etc do buy from the fixed price shop as you enter the port, cheaper, better quality and wrapped so there are no breakages. If you want loose spices as opposed to the tourist packs there is a guy on the other side of the port (to the left) but you will have to haggle.
I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing holiday in luxurious surroundings with staff who look after you well. I would go back but probably not in high season when the hotel is full.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed May 30, 2012

For my wife and I who are both very senior citizens this was our first holiday in Tunisia and were concerned about the safety aspect ot Tunisia however after our 11 day(arrival 16th May) very relaxing and lazy break we would recommend this country and this hotel to anyone visiting this destination for the first time, everything was first class with one exception. A week before set of we sent an e-mail to the hotel asking for a room with a walk in walk out shower as we both have great difficulty in gettihg in and out of a bath tub, the room we were allocated No 192 was exellent but did not have this facility, i asked at the reception if we could change our room to one with a shower facility and were told that there were no rooms in the hotel equipped with walk in showers.

On the 10th day of our holiday we were walking past room No 157 and noticed this room had double doors which where wide open and unoccupied as the room had been stripped of its bedding etc. Looking inside guess what we saw " A walk in walk out shower facility" would you please instruct your reception staff to be more honest with guests. the least they could have said was sorry but all rooms with these facilities are fully booked, also a reply to our e-mail would have been appreciated

1  Thank Roy W
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed as a couple 13-20th May2012. Arrived nearly six hours late due to various reasons.( note to Thomsons airport reps at Newcastle; If you are going to invent a story about delays then please all have a meeting beforehand to make sure the story is the same between all of you !!!) Anyway. got to the hotel in the middle of the night and the restaurant had been kept open with a little food left to appease those of us who were hungry. Nice touch. we had stayed a couple of times previous and were pleased to see the rooms had been updated and everywhere was as clean as it could possibly be. In fact the whole holiday was excellent apart from the entertainment side of things.
Surely RIU, you can find some finances from your budget to entertain your guests better than you are doing at the moment. The boys on your staff are doing as best they can and you have to give them an A for effort but an E for quality.So come on RIU everything else is brilliant about this hotel so why not make a bit more of an effort on the entertainment side of things

2  Thank 193MrT