Hasdrubal Thalassa Hotel & Spa Port El Kantaoui
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

this is a great hotel in a good part of the resort ,the staff could not do any more to help you they were the best.nice garden leading to the beach in a very quite spot. good for sunbathing very clean everywhere

Room Tip: garden rooms are best
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Norman G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in July 2012. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay as I was made to feel very welcome. The food was great, good quality (Breakfast veriety can be improved), the hotel was clean and the staff including Managemet were fantastic, always helpful. Mr TAREK sorted my Wifi connection issues in no time. I was a sole traveller and had a fantastic time, I did not feel lonely at all :-)

The Spa was fantastic but a little bit on the expensive side. It is very well maintained, staff friendly and has a range of good treatments. I really enjoyed the Thalassa pool (salt water pool)

The hotel is quite in the evenings, nice if you are after some peace and quite. Also very few English clients at this hotel, which i did not mind.

I would definately stay at this hotel again and cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: I had a pool and sea view room, which was great. I had no complaints about the room after I requeste...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Zan S
Maarkedal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The Hasdrubal in Port El Kantaoui is clearly in need of some renovation, it shows that furniture, carpets, bathrooms have been used intensively and are not that recent anymore. Staff is very friendly though. Breakfast can be improved as well, large choice, but the looks and quality of some items is weird (e.g. strawberry jam that looks brown, almost black, ...). The room was very cold, the only heating element was extremely noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank tom_vdv10
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at the Hasdrubal, Port El Kantaoui from 12-15 Dec 2011. The hotel had very few guests and most nights we were the only diners in the al a carte restaurant. The location is perfect for walking to Port El Kantaoui and the gardens surrounding the hotel are just beautiful. The buffet breakfast had plenty of choice and was the only time we saw other guests. Free internet was a bonus and the gift shop has some lovely things.
The concierge arranged a driver with a car for us so we could see what we wanted during our stay. The driver was so good, we kept him on for the remainder of our time in Tunisia, even after we let this hotel!
The only downside was that the hotel decor and restaurants felt out-dated. Probably would've been perfect if we were in our fifties or sixties!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AngelaBut
Nungwi, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

very good location - have a walk at night in port el kantaoui village-harbourd !
big swimming pool - good for kids also
staff friendly and good service
beach ok , but not waouh
golf lesson :-)..
the thalasso is really good and the treatments also..

Room Tip: ask a garden room of you travel with kids
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Marouchka31
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I travelled with work to this hotel which we used as our base whilst doing some fieldwork in the nearby area. As I was with work it meant we were leaving the hotel at 730 am every day and not getting back until after 530pm in the evening, which meant I wasn´t able to fully appreciate the hotels facilities, but I had a very positive experience despite that.

We were there at the end of November, not exactly peak season and the hotel was quite empty. However despite this there was a full buffet and selection of dinners provided every evening. Dinner was very good and the service was very old fashioned, silver dome plate covers came on the main courses and all the waiters would come round our table to reveal our dinners! Breakfast was ok, and the omelette bar was a nice touch. All the staff I encountered were friendly and professional.

I had a room on the 4th floor right at the end of the corridor, and despite wifi being available in the rooms, it didn´t quite reach that far and I had to go to the lobby to use it. Also if there was air conditioning it didn´t work very well, and I could pull open my window when it was supposedly locked, but this wasn´t a major issue as the rooms had safes and there were also bars on the window.

The room itself was very spacious and comfortable. A selection of fresh fruit was made available when I arrived and replaced after three days. The beds were comfortable and made daily.

On the one afternoon where we finished a little earlier, I had the chance to walk through the gardens and onto the beach. The hotel pool and garden areas are well kept and rather lovely, and the indoor pool would have been perfect had I time to enjoy it! Port El Kantaoui seems much quieter than nearby Sousse and if I was taking my vacation in Tunisia, I would definitely prefer this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar would be preferable, some of my colleagues said that the music in t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sun_seeking_ginner
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The lobby is always too warm ,the service in the restaurants is poor and most importantly The staff including the manager of the hotel require serious training in their ability to communicate with guests,some of the reception staff and the manager certainly do not know how to speak or communicate respectfully to guests when addroptions a problem .instead of giving options or solutions they creat insurmountable obstacles and instead of requesting or asking they tend to give orders (extremely unprofessional).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends