Soviva Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
El Mouradi Club Selima(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Club Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Houria Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
El Mouradi Palace(Port El Kantaoui)
1,709 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place was disgusting, the rooms were full of ants and cockroaches. As advised by Thomas Cook that the hotel was 4 star. I do not think its up to the Standards of a 4 Star as I believe you would get a cleaner room and place if you stayed at a hostel. The food was disgusting and the food halls where enough worse, one of them was a cattle market and the other a little bit better. Most of the people at the holiday had a sickness bug during the holiday putting it down to the food and non-cleaness of the hotel. The surrounding place is horrible the people sleazy and rude. I would advise not to go to Port El Kanaoui and stay at the Soviva Resort dont waste your money.

Room Tip: Nowhere is good
5  Thank Cole M
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We av been back home from soviva for 4 days now and my whole family are still suffering from the stomach bug that we came down with while we were their.we we're confined to our room for 3 days as one by one we came down with the bug. the hotel is covered in ants and the food is poor. we Will never go again

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank 013579
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The main problem I found with this hotel was the lack of diet drinks. There was diet coke for one day only out of the 14 days. When I read reviews about this hotel it did put me off, but having been there I can now say I survived Soviva hotel. I believe that people's expectations are too high, its a 3 star hotel so what more can you say. There is not enough people working on the bar and the queues r horrendous, and its a race to get down to dinner as every1 is trying to secure a table for the entertainment afterwards, where people will pay the bar staff to secure a table which I have personally witnessed, its a nightmare. I watched the entertainment from my balcony as I was in room 202 which over looked the pool n entertainment area. You have to get up early to secure a sun bed form 5am I've looked out n seen people waiting and a man comes and puts them all out and then shouts go, and then every1 is racing to get a bed, I think they need to provide more sunbeds because who wants to get up at that time of the morning I came to relax. Another problem I found is that the entertainment is to loud, my room overlooked the swimming pool, so I could see the stage from my room 202. Its a nightmare if your trying to get an early night as you've got no chance because of the noise. Food- The food was okay, I managed to find something to eat everyday and so did my family who one person was diabetic. The food does get boring after a while because its the same thing more and less everyday. You are allowed one meal at the al a carte restaurant which is a sit down meal, I went to this meal for my birthday n it was nice n quiet unlike the usual dining room which I found was disorganised and chaotic the food was really nice. Every1 just pushes in, but I found a solution which was to eat breakfast from early and its quiet and peaceful in the dining room. I didn't like the tipping business either, cause as a peron who likes to eat out, I only pay tips if I've received good service, but at this hotel its like they live on tips cause they keep pesturing you to leave one. I think the maids do a wonderful job n they clean the rooms really well and make shapes like swans with the towels which I thought was very thoughtful, they was always willing to help. Tunisia overall was very nice, I found Sarah the beauty therpist really nice n friendly we became good friends, I also liked Captain Jack, n found his boat trip to be fantastic I would recomend the boat trip to every1 a brilliant day out very entertaining day for all the family. There was one and two problems with the pool but that was due to people not being able to hold their bowels disgusting. Overall a enjoyable 2 weeks.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Shez a barse
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have just returned from the Soviva and can agree and disagree with some of the comments previously made. After booking and looking at reviews we were dreading going and even asked Thomas Cook if we could change accommadation, they said no! We carried on regardless and can say we don't regret doing so. There were lots of people moaning (about anything and everything) and seeming like they wanted to drag you down with them, we kept our opinions to ourselves and didn't get involved. We agree that service wasn't the best in restaurants, reception and bars, however most of the staff were helpful and friendly. The general hygiene wasn't the best, carpets on lower floors were in desperate need of a clean but our particular room was clean and tidy and free of the reported ants! The pool toilets weren't good but as someone else had put in a review , some of the blame for that should be put on the people who use them! We focus our holidays on the daytimes and the pool area was full of activities for both adults and children, the music could be loud depending on where you sat. As for the lounger dash we didn't take part, my husband went for loungers at around 7:30-8.00 and was always able to grab a couple which was fine for us. We had two children with us (aged 8 and 12) and they both were occupied all day with the pool and the animation/entertainment team who were excellent. Evening entertainment was a packed schedule too with something that should suit everyone. Food was as repetitive as any of the All Inc hotels we have stayed in, many of which have been 5* hotels, but we all always managed to find something that was ok. At the time we went, in the school hols, the hotel seemed over occupied for what they could cope with. Waiting times for some of the snacks and drinks were quite tedious and some of the bar staff could be rude (one in particular in the lobby bar who we complained about) however what's the rush, you're on your hols!! We generally enjoyed our holiday and wish we hadn't spoilt the build up to it by believing everything we had heard. The weather was fab, room was reasonably good, entertainment day and night was busy with something for everyone. The Thomas Cook team were Stefan, Hailie, Keeley, Andy and Chelsea, all of whom were really good with all the guests, and kept everyone amused! We didn't see many of the ants that people have commented on but we were on a higher floor so this may have helped. Whilst we were there most of the guests were british and we met some really good people with whom we became friends, it was a very friendly place. On the whole I would say go with and open mind and don't expect too much but don't let peoples horror stories put you off either, make your own mind up, we did and would say we enjoyed our holidday at the Soviva.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor therfore seemed to have avoided the ants. The carpet on the ground floor corridors wasn't nice and would put me off my room if I had to step out to it, however the higher floors seemed to be cleaner and tidier. Be careful with the lifts, they are sometimes tempremental.
8  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Let me start by saying that the worst thing about this holiday was the worry about what to expect having read ( like many others we met and travelled with ) the slating comments from other travellers about this hotel ! ... We travelled with real anticipation and a determination to make the most of it anyway ! - However I can honestly say that we were pleasantly relieved and have just returned from a great summer holiday and we really didnt have to try too hard to relax and enjoy. Unfortunatly there were many brits who appeared to travel geared for battle having read similar reviews and the faults they would moan about ( repeatidly ) poolside to any one who would listen really seemed to show thier ignorance or rudeness. so to clarify for those expecting the ritz or downgrading from previous more luxuroious holidays please if you are trying to compare you will be disappointed...and this is not for you It is not a 5 start hotel - nor is it a 4 start to uk standard - it is a 3 star and on a par or better than many I have stayed in uk or worldwide.

Other misconceptions, it is not going to be green and lush, it is North africa and It is a 3rd world country. The staff rely on tips - but in honesty they didnt pester or expect tips - and whilst many say they tipped 10 dinar or similar - we did a dinar a day or even 50 p uk money when we first arrived to the waiters in the resturant who would fetch your drinks and the sunbed man. They were all extremly grateful - but either way if you are civil to them and make time for them they are in the main civil and amusing in return.

The sales reps walk round the hotel - as do the shop keepers, they are reliant on custom but recognise it isnt in thier interest to offend or annoy - in fact all staff are in the keen to please. We travelled at peak season, they were full and the staff were flat out but the hotel was cleaned daily, as was the pool. The food was repeatative but there was a huge choice. The main resturant is a buffet self service, and yes you que - but its not horrendous and the pancakes and omletts were worth the extra wait - and take two plates and have more than one and it works - they dodnt ration.
It was between 97 and 104 degrees - soft drinks were limited as they ran out of at least one soft drink a day but there was something non alcoholic available and they would refil bottles for water. We werent rationed to 2 drinks - I often ordered 3 or 4 as they recognised the ques around the heat however in all other resorts I have stayed in the all includive is a usual 2 drinks limit and I have always qued - so it just means you dont leave it til you are desperate!

The pool was great , busy but enough room for everyone - and whilst beds were limited at peak times we didnt que or leave towels down at silly o clock and still got beds at 8, 9 0r 10 oclock.

There were a few issues with guests leaving food , empty plates, glases ( and in one case peeing ) in stairwells and corridors after a ssession ) but the staff would quickly and thoroughly clean. Similarly the communal toilets werent always clean but this was from children using the toilet shower type hoses as toys and drenching the floor or missing the toilet and messing and being unsupervised so parents werent around to clean up! Again the hotel would clean as soon as they were aware. Notices went up to advise customers not to take food out of the resturant areas as a proactive measure - however there was less proactivity from many parents who were happy to let thier childre run around playing in lifts and through the hotel corridors at 9 - 10.30 at night, It is no doubt a problem everywhere but many of these parents were the same ones compaining about the hotel or lack of potent strength vodka and beer!

There are a choice of trips all reasonably priced - with good feedback . We did the Kamal caravan and the quads. ( word of warning they split the group on the quads - the slow group is with the children- all unannounced so make sure you check which one you are in if you are looking for some adrenalin! But in all cases its a great way to see the area.

The beach was disappointing - but I think this was because we didnt walk up far enough - we came out following the signs but should have walked up the beach to get to the beach bar and a cleaner stretch by all accounts .- we were near seweed and quite a lot of tourist rubbish had been discarded so it didnt make it a white sand picture postcard. However there were lots of water sports going on and other people said how good it was further up along the beach bar stretch so a lesson learned! only 5 min walk but the comments about a building site were valid as the walk is not the nicest with rubbish and sewage due to poor drainage.

The people were great , the shop keepers in the supermarkets friendly - but yes they will try anything to get you in but they do understand no! and a visit to the Fountain and marina made a lovely evening .

The rooms were clean and tidy and the air con was a blessing. The maids cleaned everyday and we had clean towels. The fridge in the room was a bonus and great for bottled water. ( and wine! )

The layout of the hotel was great, nice seating areas throughout inside and out - though it was a shame the guests seemed to pinch most of the outdoor resturant chairs after eating for their evening near to the stage!???? but plenty of sun loungers to sit on and other bar areas to use, We didnt try the al la carte resturant but again other guests spoke well of it and we prob shouldve tried that earlier.

All in all we went looking for sunshine and switch off with water and fun slides for family and my sons use! we found everything that we wanted within our budget and whilst each ob eof us may have different feedback and expectations so you cant please everyone we really felt we got what we paid for in a good way rather than being undersold!

The entertainment team were great and ran something for everyone - quizzes, games , sports and water aerobics- they worked hard.

6  Thank Claire S