“Brilliant Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here in May with my mum, we had separate rooms which were both large and spotlessly clean when we arrived and cleaned daily, the beds were very comfortable and the flat screen TV has a couple of English channels, the whole hotel is kept spotlessly clean at all times.

The staff were all very helpful, polite and friendly.

The food was amazing, plenty of choice and plenty of food.

The beach is lovely and I spent all my time there, I didn't used the pool but it looked very clean.

I cannot comment on the entertainment as my mum and I didn't participate in any.

The drinks were good, cocktails if you want them, the pina colada`s were nice.

When we went the air conditioning was not on, apparently that is turned on at the end (22nd) of May, this affected the bar area which was very hot on some evenings and as it was still technically out of season there was no outside seating area which was a shame. The bedrooms however were very cool in the evening so this was not an issue there.

The hotel does not change travellers cheques only English cash which is a shame as we had to go into the port to change them, this was not a huge problem as we had some cash on us but if we had not had cash to change initially we would have not had the money for a taxi to get there ( you could walk I suppose but on a hot day I would not have enjoyed that just after I arrived).

I would recommend the Sahara Explorer trip, two days, lots of travelling but the places that you see and the trips that you do are amazing, it costs £92 which is brilliant considering what you get for that.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank sheri1972
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous hotel for your holidays in Tunisia and for the time and effort spent to review your overall holiday experience among us.

Regarding the use of travelers cheques, we lament reading the difficulties you encountered, however we would like to point out that there has been a significant decline in their use since the 1990s. In addition, the security issues for retailers accepting travelers cheques has meant that many businesses no longer accept them; we strongly encourage you for future occasions to contact the hotel that you are going to visit prior to your arrival to make sure that they are accepted in order to prevent possible inconveniences.

On the other hand, we thank you for pointing out the beauty and comfort of our hotel and accommodations as well as our high levels of cleanliness and hygiene, this being one of priorities.

Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

Last but not least, the passion for gastronomy being one of the prime pillars of our company, we greatly appreciate your praising comments on our restaurant where our professional Chefs strive to surprise our guests with a high standard gastronomy and the possibility to savor the best of the local cuisine as well as the finest international delights.

Thank you once again for your visit and very kind recommendation to Tripadvisor’s readers; we look forward to serving you again in our IBEROSTAR hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My partner and I have just returned and must say it is a very nice hotel, food was buffet style and varied however as usual did get repetitive but of a high quality and there was always something for everybody. Entertainment was however poor, there was not a lot happening in the evenings and we were restricted with things to do, while we were there it was the champions league final so a lot of people gathered in the sports bar to watch it, however they decided to do the children's club there on this night and everyone had to leave, even though there is a dedicated building for the kids club, staff on the whole were very pleasant and helpful however the hotel is mainly geared up for the German guests who were the majority and some staff made it very plain and downright rude to English people, the hotel is spotlessly clean, and rooms more than adequate in size however while we were there a lot of guests including us had no air-con and although the management were aware of this we were told they were trying to sort it out so we did not have any for our stay, the weather was a bit up and down and at night it was very uncomfortable.
However despite the little gripes we have given this a four star but we would say that this hotel is a very nice hotel

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank adavies32
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friend and I stayed for a week from 16th May 2014. We booked this hotel based on the reviews on here as it was rated very highly............. I can't say that the reviews are wrong as such, but what I will say is that if you're a middle class southerner your experience may differ from many of the other "reviewers"

Hotel clean with lovely pool area and nice beach (I'm sure much nicer in fab weather, ours was a bit hit and miss)

Rooms good with plenty of space and a lovely bathroom and comfy beds. Maid service very good. Ground floor room with large terrace, table and chairs.

Lobby like a doctors waiting room and a bit dingy.

Food of good quality but not enough variation. Need to change choices more often.

No outdoor space for evenings – not even terrace in main dining room in the evenings. Would be nice to be able to sit outside in the evening with a glass of wine.

Staff fantastic except for the odd couple who expected tips for service (put their hands out) We were happy to tip and often did but some took the mickey. Ali (our waiter in the restaurant) was lovely and kept us constantly topped up with wine. He even arranged for the chef to cook us some fresh prawns on out last day.

Animation Team like ‘duracell bunnies’ and spoilt our time by the pool. I understand that some people want this and enjoy the activities, however, they really should guage the clientele in the hotel and adjust to this. During our week I would say that the average age of guests was around 55/60 yrs and loud dance music is not really suitable. I'm 38 and I hated it! Maybe best for the hotel to take this into consideration and adapt to the change in seasons and age of guests.

The gold/silver shop in the lobby was fantastic and we picked up a few bargains. The Manager in there was very helpful and did us some good deals. Deffo recommend picking up a few "trinkets" whilst you're there.

Overall, not a bad hotel and for the price we paid would say it was a good deal. I probably would'nt go back but if you're looking for a cheap getaway, don't mind a bit of "tacky" entertainment and you're not a gourmet diner, go for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Izgi
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your visit and for the time you spent to review your overall holiday experience at our IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in; we took good note of your comments on the music and adaptation of our activities to our clientele, which normally we do, and passed them to our head of animation for information.

The variety of our buffets is ensured by our two weeks menu rotation for our guests to be able to savor many different flavors at every single meal, we are glad to hear that you could appreciate the quality of our dishes.

Moreover we are pleased to read your satisfaction with the comfort and cleanliness of the room we accommodated you in and are grateful for your highlight on the professionalism and genuine helpfulness of our staff; we will certainly not miss this opportunity to congratulate them on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing throughout your stay among us.

Once more, thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting Tunisia; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and remain at your entire disposal through our call center to help you choose your next IBEROSTAR destination among more than 100 hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel with wonderful staff who couldn't do enough to help you enjoy your holiday. The room was clean, spacious and had a view of the garden and sea. Right on the beach front. Would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ronald G
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Ronald,

Thank you so much for the time you took out of your day to share your satisfaction on your holiday experience at our IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous hotel; it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed staying with us, this is always our goal.

Moreover, we are glad to read your satisfaction with the room we accommodated you in , since they are designed to offer maximum comfort to our guests.

Last but not least, we want to express our utmost gratitude for your amazing words towards our staff, as you well say their great attitude, genuine helpfulness and full commitment to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay at our hotel is definitely our main asset; we will certainly not miss this opportunity to congratulate them on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing throughout your stay among us.

Thank you again for your visit; it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here in October school holidays. Arrived early morning, quick check in. The room was gorgeous, very clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was huge. A lovely view of the gardens and sea ( in the distance).the weather was fantastic much better than another time in October when I had been before. The food was good, the drinks were to. Lovely staff, helpful and friendly and certainly not pushy. The pool was lovely and the beach bar with lovely views. Overall a brilliant hotel can certainly see why it's 1st. My husband left his sweatshirt on a seat when we left, I emailed the management to see if it had been handed in and yes it had. They arranged for a rep from another hotel who they knew to bring it home for him.
I've been to Tunisia 3 times and this is the best hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank meercat777
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a second visit to this hotel in Tunisia, got to say we were blown away again by the place, the room the food/drink and the facilities are A1, on top of that the staff can't do enough to help with anything, believe the reviews go visit.....

Room Tip: I would go for a top floor room (it's only 3 storeys) better views and no-one can disturb you fr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Micxt
Reviewed May 27, 2014

When i arrived at this hotel i couldn't get over how pretty and lovely it was even at reception, we got to our rooms and didnt expect our bags to be taken for us, the room was really lovely a great view of the pool and palm trees, the room was very clean and tidy comfy beds i usually find it a struggle to sleep in a different bed when i'm away from home but i slept really well at this hotel which is great! the thing i loved was having a safe in the room as well where you pay to use it for how ever long you stay for and i could go out without feeling paranoid about losing all my things.

The thing i enjoyed about my stay was you never got bored in the day/evening the animation team did a fantastic job if there was a game going or an event happening in the evening they'd go round to everyone relaxing by the pool or beach and ask in case you forgot or didn't know what was happening that day which was great for me since i kept forgetting also there was trips happening too which i went to a couple and it was a great experience theres all sorts to choose from so there's something for everyone. There's a spa for people who want a massage or they're nails done and a photographer going about if you'd like lovely pictures while your on holiday which i did and it was the best thing i did as i now have memories of this hotel and the holiday. The one thing i really loved was the rep Jennifer whe you get on the coach to your hotel she will give you a slip with what time you can meet her and she will tell you all about trips and outside the hotel what to do and not to do, she's really honest about what she says and thats what i loved about plus if you needed anything she'd always be about to help :)

Relaxing by the pool was lovely you'd have to be up super early to grab a sun bed as people were already grabbing sunbeds at 7am or earlier, the beach was really lovely too theres a bar near by so you don't have to go far to grab a drink same as the pool,the staff was really lovely they'd grab you sub beds without you asking and set it all up for you, you could get fresh beach towels daily which was good for us as we was always in the pool, the weather was just gorgeous the whole time we stayed.

the food there was great there was something for everyone if there was something you didn't like, morning breakfasts was amazing i had an omelette every morning if you havent had one you must its to die for! fresh juice, fresh pancakes says alot. Evening meals was lovely there was something different every night which never got boring, drinks was also great theres beer for the men, cocktails and wines for the ladies and juice or fizzy drinks for the kids so there is definitely something for everyone, some nights was candle lit that was really lovely as well.

overall we met some really lovely people that was also staying and kept in contact with a few everyone staying and the staff was always so happy and friendly no one was having a bad day you'd always see a smile. It got to the point where me and my other half got to know Alli (I think thats how he spells his name) and Amor and they was filling our drinks up without us even asking, there would be nights where we would spend a couple of hours in the coffee shop before we went back to our room talking to amor and drinking coffee for ages lovely member of staff always smiling (btw the coffee shop had the best coffee going all day) and the same goes for Alli every time we went to dinner we would always have a good chat with him awsome member of staff who was always smiling.

The only thing i didn't like as it was my first time over Tunisia was the beach sellers as they would try and sell you things that is not needed, and when we went out or trips women especially i got stopped alot by sellers trying to get me to buy things that i didnt want they start putting things in your hand and bags then make you buy it even tho you've given it back and said you don't want it yeah people tell you to keep walking but it is hard to get away from them just keep your head down and say no and walk away basically, another thing is when you are out keep your personal things safe as there are pick pockets about so be wary of people around you.

I'd definitely stay here again i loved this hotel the cleaners did a great job cleaning our room every morning the weather was lovely all the staff was helpful, friendly, happy and you could have a laugh with them i also love how they can talk a couple of languages so if someone is french or German they can speak back to the customer and understand them, this hotel i'd definitely recommend to anyone that is planning on coming to Tunisia you will love every minute you stay because i did and if i ever plan on coming back i will most definite stay here again.

Thank you so much to all the staff for making this a fantastic experience for me it should be a 5* you're all great! i'm missing this holiday already >.<

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
#16 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa
Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa
#3 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous? Share your experiences!