“Fabulous hotel*****”

Iberostar Diar El Andalous
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
“Fabulous hotel*****”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hitel for one week in a group of 6 adults and my baby. This is an amazing hotel and we all had a wonderful stay from the minute we stepped inside the hotel. we were given a welcome drink, then the hotel porter took our cases to our room.

The rooms were lovely, spotless cool and very clean with toiletries provided. Also linen and towels changed daily. We stayed in room 217 which had garden view and was nice and quiet, which was god as we have a baby.

Food was a great selection and always hot and fresh. Chefs also make fresh pizza and varied meats to order. Only negative would be that the breakfast was more catered towards European taste. Lunchtime selection was great especially at poolside bar. Must comment that waiters and all barstaff work extremely hard and very helpful and friendly. Can not praise them enough. Tip on first day and they will look after you for. Cannot fault the staff work very very hard and always smiled and were very courteous. They are an asset to the hotel.

Entertainment was great fun we all loved the dance that they done round the pool. Entertainment team also work extremely hard and are full of energy for the long hours they work. Always try to get you involved, but don't pester you.

Lifeguards were great too. He always kept us sun loungers and was very helpful and friendly. We lost some things including my son's dummy and they had it safely kept by.

Also must mention the camera boy who takes fabulous photo s and also works extremely hard.

Would say a hotel based holiday but kept entertained throughout. This hotel is a MUST to visit I will be recommending it , hotel manager should be praising his staff for such a great effort and hardwork they are putting in lovely lovely people very helpful and will definitely be making a return visit :)) . BIG THUMBS UP " DIAR EL ANDALOUS. We will be back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank mccourtfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having only returned today I wanted to write this fresh. It was my first beach holiday but I would say the hotel was excellent. As a single traveller I was made to feel welcome not only by the staff but also the guests. There were lots of activities to join in with if you wanted. And after being nudged by a friend I made called Megan, I got involved in the aqua-aerobics and it was great fun, thanks Megan! Nobody is pushy so it’s up to you to do as much or as little of all the things on offer.
There was a hiccup on the first night. I was given a disabled persons room, I guess they were that busy. But to be honest I wasn’t bothered and it was the staff who approached me the next morning and offered me another room. They were apologetic and even upgraded me to a better room on the third floor. As I said, I wasn’t bothered by the other one so that was an absolute bonus and I thought it great how they wanted to make sure I got an upgrade and cared more than me! Both rooms felt new and fresh and were spotless every day. I’ve stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms all around the world on work and this one was excellent, simple as that.
I read the reviews that criticised the food but there was so much variety at each meal it’s difficult to understand the complaints. I’d say don’t let them put you off. As for the drinks, the wine can be a bit hit and miss (I felt like it varied each day, but it was never poor) but the beer was consistently great. You can always pay a little more and buy a drink of you own. The whole holiday was pretty cheap so my expectations weren’t the highest but were by far exceeded. Fresh cooked Qail on my last night. How many hotels include that in an all-inclusive?
The pool and beach areas are both really nice and not too busy (you can actually swim around a bit). The usual problem of getting a good spot, or rather a parasol exists but if you want to get up early (or go to bed very late) then you can work with that.
The staff and the anime team were excellent. Really seemed to care about pleasing you and the tipping was reasonable. A few Dinars makes a big difference to them and they appreciate it.
For Tunisia, I’d recommend this hotel. Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Daniel N
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Me and my fiance stayed here for 1 week and what can I say, location brilliant, hotel amaxing, staff very very friendly regardless if you tip or not, Saffe the life guard is an amaxing guy, we went to port el kantoui by taxi 5 diner really really nice marina and shops, before we arrived we got thomas cook to email hotel regarding a double bed and to be on lower floor and guess what we got what we asked for so was really chuffed when we arrived in our room. Tunisia is a very nice place for a holiday and a must visit, the only disappointing point of the hotel is THERE IS NO POOL BAR and they are still showing the pool bar in there brochure, however the nearest bar is not far, food is brilliant alot to choose from, watersports are brill I went on a jet ski 35 diner for 10 mins or paragliding is 35 diner for 1 person or 2 person for 45 diner. All in all had a fab time and will definatly rebook this hotel dazkim

3 Thank dazzer m
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just came back.
We were here for two weeks, my girl friend and I.
Very clean, employees very kind.
Nevertheless food is well cooked but of poor quality (because of all inclusive). Alcohols are not very good neither. Activities are a little poor (only one aim for archery or darts). One activity after another one, you cannot chose, take it or leave it.
However we recommend it.

1 Thank Julien H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice, big rooms and very clean. The beds were quite hard though and rather than a double bed we got two singles pushed together which had a big gap between them. The cleaner in our hallway woke us up every morning by shouting into her phone or talking very loudly to the other staff, which I found very inconsiderate. I was overall quite happy with the hotel itself and the service was great too, but the food was such a let down! There was not a lot of choice and the majority of the food was always luke warm or cold, didn't look appetising at all or was undercooked. The few things I tried were extremely bland and certain food were hardly recognisable. I had an upset stomach almost every day so I ended up sticking to pasta and pizza, which they cooked fresh in front of you, as I felt it was the safest food there to eat. Both tasted nice, however eating the same food every day for lunch and dinner for 7 days obviously got extremely repetitive. The drinks served at the bars were often very warm. The pool and beach were lovely and we always managed to get sunloungers, no matter how late we went down to the beach. The water was incredibly warm but I got stung by jellyfish a few times - the beach and amazing weather made up for that though and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The only thing that really bugged me about the beach were the men trying to sell you fruits/rugs/clothes/cigarettes and the ones trying to get you to book watersports or camel tours - I'm used to this from previous holidays in Egypt but the ones at our beach were incredibly annoying. No matter how many times I told them that I was not interested, they came back up to me at least once per hour - ended up pretending that I was asleep every time I saw them coming... The entertainment was quite embarassing too so we spent most of our nights playing pool in the sports bar or watching telly, as there was next to nothing going on at night.
Overall, the hotel was nice and service very good, however, I would definitely not call this a 4 star hotel. Unfortunately I would not return to it or recommend it to anybody because of the terrible food, and I quite regret booking it in the first place - I chose this hotel because of all the fantastic reviews I read. Now that I'm back from my holiday I wish I had read some of the bad reviews too before booking it and paying quite a lot of money...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank marndt7
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Diar El Andalous, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for the opportunity that you have given us by choosing our IBEROSTAR Royal El Andalous for your holidays in Tunisia and for the time you spent to redact a review on your personal experience so we can take your vision into account to improve in our daily services.

We deeply regret your disappointment on the buffet offer as for IBEROSTAR the gastronomy is one of the prime pillars of our company; our Chefs work in accordance with the high quality standards imposed by the company on a global level and daily strive to prepare a wide range of local and international delights to please all palates, we will pass on your comment to our head of department to improve on the points you mentioned.

Moreover, we apologize for the noise coming from our housekeeping staff, they are trained to be as silent as possible to ensure a correct night and morning rest for all our guests, we will immediately pass on your comment to the Head of housekeeping to guarantee that this doesn’t happen in the future and lament not to be informed about this during your stay as we would have immediately taken action.

In IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure and sports activities throughout the day and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling, we are sorry to hear that the evening shows were not of your liking and commit to revise our programs to bring performances which are of good taste and variety as also many amusing activities so that no wishes will be left open.

On the other hand we are glad to read that you felt comfortable in the room that we accommodated you in and well cared after by our staff, their kindness and helpfulness being our hotel’s main strength we will definitely pass on your comment to them as we are sure that they will be enchanted to hear that they contributed so much to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

Finally we are glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your time in Tunisia and will improve on the points you mentioned to guarantee top quality vacations to all our guests.

Once again thank you for your visit, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in our hotels worldwide.

Warmest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday , group of 6 with 1 child. Had to write a review as this hotel was FAB ! Highly recommend people to visit this hotel. The minute we stepped inside the hotel we were given a welcome drink, then the hotel porter took our cases to our rooms.

The room was lovely nice and cool and very clean with toiletries. The beds were changed daily and we were also given clean fresh towels every day.

Food was a great selection and always hot and fresh , pizzas made 2 order and chefs cooked meat and fish to order . Only thing would say would be maybe if they tryed to cater to the British more at breakfast time but you will always find something to eat. The restaurant beside the pool was lovely at lunch time and service there was brilliant ! Waiters were very helpful and always took the time to chat to you ,drinks were always topped up and they even knew what you drank after a few days without asking,although the tips may have also helped !! Service at the pool bar restaurant and upstairs restaurant was excellent . Tip,dine outside the view over the sea is beautiful and peaceful. Cannot fault the staff work very very hard and always smiled and were very courteous. They are a value to the hotel.

Entertainment was great fun we all loved the dance that they done round the pool , they were full of energy for the long hours they work, very upbeat the games were great too , always tried to get you involved . night time in the outside arena for the shows was good ! Great shows they put on. Was also good the disco stayed on to 1 a.m that should continue. Hilarious the 1 men dressed up as women ! :)). Very funny, was good to see the manager of the entertainment team taking part and speaking in different languages for all the guests to understand.

Lifeguards were lovely making sure you had sun loungers , and as we did lose things by accident the lifeguards had it but by safely after finding it very honest which is great to see. And very reassuring.

The camera boy worked hard and took great photos lovely boy. And photos weren't expensive bought a few from him.

Would say a hotel based holiday but kept entertained throughout.

BIG THUMBS UP " DIAR EL ANDALOUS " !!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimberley S
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about visiting tunisia however I have to say that this holiday was probably my best ever for overall experience the hotel was very nice and the staff were great we tipped them a few dinna now and then and every day for every meal they had our table resrved and drinks pored waiting in us the food was fantastic and great veriety and the guys who were there for the entertainment worked fron 10 am till 1 in the morning untill the disco had finished it was less than a stones throw from the beach were all the various water sport were availible obly downside was we had 2 single beds pushed together to make a doubke one but eveb at that the maid realuses we put the mattresses together and began using double sheets on the bed for us and again thats just my oersonal preference we went there with what we thought was a reasonable amount of spending money but found it hard to actually spend anything as it was all incl and the shops were really cheap anyway for the things we did buy overall great great place im only back 1 day and have enquired abiut booking again and again highlight of holiday was the entertainment guys especially the one withe the afro lol

• Stayed August 2013
Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa
Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa
#4 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse

Been to Iberostar Diar El Andalous? Share your experiences!