1,794 results
All reviews beach bar animation team great holiday pizza bar staff chicken bottle of water water sports evening entertainment work hard turkey visited this hotel meal times main bar disco tunisia tip
Reviewed July 27, 2018

have been to this hotel a dozen times now but this time we had to change rooms 4 times until we had a room where everything worked...i call this hotel my second home and are due to return in 5 weeks time....the food this time was not up to scratch as they were catering for the many Russian guests...the staff are our friends as the want British guests to return but the hotel must do more to keep the rooms in order....putting sticky plasters on broken things just doesn't work ,the repairs need to be done properly.... my next visit may be my last visit to this hotel and that would be a pity but money needs to be spent on the bedrooms....

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank twicer16
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We have now visited this hotel six times! We know we will always receive a warm welcome from all the staff. We hadn’t been for a few years as we all know the problems that Tunisia had experienced but can I say having visited the beach several times they have made improvements on installing security cameras and quad bike patrolling. You are as safe here as anywhere to be honest. The beach bar which was part of hotel is now been revamped and owned by another company but very reasonable if you want a nice sit down meal drink with live entertainment and can be quite refreshing with sea breeze. There is also a small but with bar which is part of hotel and the man there very helpful in getting drinks etc. In fact the bar staff overall were brilliant and kept bringing our drinks over to our sun beds. The hotel overall inside hadn’t changed still as we remembered, yes it could do with some internal decoration (in particular the carpet) but in light of the fact that there were only about 200 guests overall in June/July and there were more than this in the May when we last went, tells you their numbers are down and they need the tourism to return. The entertainment team were very enthusiastic and we joined in everything and they always worked hard we will miss them all. The food is not five star so don’t expect too much but you won’t go hungry the pancake lady works tirelessly at bar and always smiled! I recommend with ice cream! The hotel was quite dominated Russian people and they are not too favoured by all but we did manage to get some to join in with us! They really miss the British people but I think the tour operators need to rethink on their flight prices as they are way over the top for a 2.4 hour flight! They also need to consider putting back Sousse on their brochure instead of directing all to Hammamet (that’s my opinion). It’s narrowed just to that part and doesn’t give people choice.
Overall a great time and it was nice to see familiar friendly faces and to be welcomed back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank KazzanGazza
Reviewed June 28, 2018

First time for us at the Abou Sofiane hotel, we were a little unsure about the hotel,but when we arrived we were met by friendly staff with welcoming smiles. In the past we had walked through this hotel when we stayed next door in the Riviera . The Abou is a little tired and could do with a makeover, having said that the hotel is very clean and the staff are hard working. Our room was clean and well presented, the towels were changed daily the sheets every two days,a bottle of water was provided daily. The beds were comfortable although I had to ask for an extra pillow. The food was tasty if a little repetitive at times, great if you liked chicken,turkey, pasta or beef stew. The entertainment staff, animation, were amongst the best we had come across in the 23 years we have holidayed in Tunisia especially DINO the leader of the pack and Willy his number one. The aquarobics were superb well my wife rated this very highly,"Willy really made us work hard" I felt tired just watching.The staff in the main bar, the pool bar, which was also the snack bar, and the beach bar were excellent and very attentive,We would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone, the only down side, if indeed there is one is the lack of music in English, although I can now speak a little Russian,I still have no idea what it means.

Room tip: Most rooms have a sea view or a view overlooking the gardens.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank TERRY W
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Thank you le soleil abou sofiane i spent a very beautiful holiday . I came to this hotel seven time but this time was the best of all . Very lovely and friendly staff . Very well organized hotel . Clean restaurant and comfortable room . Especially the animation was very good . A very friendly entertainment team . Thanks for all the animation team. And i will come back october

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Josie L
Reviewed May 13, 2018

This was my first time back in Tunisia in 3 yeas now the direct flights have re commenced . Arrived to the hotel to a very warm friendly welcome and lots of familiar faces on the staff was just like coming home . Checked in and went for a drink to find only 15 guests in total staying at the hotel. The bedrooms are starting to look a little tired could do with some decorating. Food at meal times was limited understandable considering there was very few guests but the chefs were great Catherine for dietary requirements. Service was excellent from all staff at the hotel reception , waiters, bar men , cleaners. There has been a few changes one being the new dessole bar which is where the old disco was this is open to people from outside the hotel food and drink prices very reasonable and some great live music. The beach bar is currently being renovated and will look amazing once finished . Met some great people and a few days into our stay a great little animation team started doing activities during the day and party nights.. I’ll definately be back again next year . Tip to some of the guests enjoy your time there and stop moaning so much !

Date of stay: April 2018