It was not our first time in Tunisia, having visited the country on two previous occassions both staying in hotels and in 2006 we sailed around much of the coast. My comments are not directed at either the country its culture of its people. We expected a good hotel. Firstly we were given a musty room ground floor overlooking the garden. We refused to accept the room We gave them a chance to arrange a better room (which they did )while we set out for the dining room. The food was possible the worst I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. This restaurant was part of the deal, however one could eat in the hotels other restaurant ..which we did and I have to say the standard was not much better. Having visited moscow on several occassions I an only assume that the hotel was catering for its Russian clients. It was unfortunate that there was nothing better in the vicinity. This was a 4star + The bedroom with balcony was pleasant but seeing the house maid wash the bathroom floor with a towel and use the same towel to dry the drinking glasses was a shock.
The Germans were up to their usual anti social behavour putting towels on chairs by the pool and on the fron 6.30 in the morning now followed by the Russiansr. I blame the hotel for allowing this to happen. The hotel also had a small restaurant near the beach which served reasonable good food but it closed a 5.30 a pity as it would have been nice to eat their in the evening. Sadly it is not an experience I wish to repeat thank God we were there for only one week. We would have had to leave. Orla Cullinan Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia