We stayed here for 2 weeks during the Easter holidays with myself, my husband and my 15 year old daughter (all inclusive). The reception staff were friendly and professional, however on 2 occasions my husband was short-changed by the bank cashier, but luckily when asked for it he handed it back with no problems.
The waiters/waitresses were always helpful and friendly, especially when tipped a few dinar.
There was always a wide range of food in the restaurant, during all meal times, so we never had any problem finding something we liked.
The weather was good (hot and sunny, mostly around 75 degrees) and we sat around the pool everyday. There were plenty of sunbeds available- you will need to seek out the pool man for a mattress for you bed though, but not a problem since he was always around.
The sunniest place around the pool was in front of the towel shed. The beach was extremely close and was a roped-off private section. The sea was clear and blue, except for the occasional day where seaweed had washed up after a windy day. The beach bar opened the second week but the pool bar closed everyday at 4pm , so had to go into the main bar if you wanted a drink.
We all had an hour-long camel ride on the beach, good fun so book with alibaba. Also rode quad bikes, so book with Samir. If you want to go on a pirate ship, book with captain smiley.
These 3 characters are within the hotel grounds and will definitely make themselves known with you.
We enjoyed paragliding and jet skiing as well, just found next to the hotel.
The animation team were hardworking, but similar activities everyday. At night time our favourite show was the bed of nails.
I'd recommend having a walk down to the local zoo, nearby to the marina. Very quaint, clean and tidy (with animals such as a baby camel, birds, ostrich, guinea pigs, rabbits and goats)
We also went to Sousse, we got there by taking a yellow minibus, which you can get for 1 dinar each- just put out your hand on the main road if you see one passing. It was very busy in sousse, however good for a bit of shopping. You should visit the soula centre, which is a large fixed price store.
The hotel décor was very nice and especially clean.
Overall a fantastic holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia