Good points –
The pool area looks beautiful and well maintained. The beach also was beautiful and roped off so private. When we were there the beachside cafe area disappointingly wasn’t open, but it looked a lovely area to have drinks and lunchtime snacks.
The hotel is in a great location, just a short walk from Port El Kantoui and right on the beach.
Some lovely staff – tip small and often for a better service, they really appreciate it. ‘Our’ waiter saved a table for us every morning and evening. In the main restaurant our waiter had drinks waiting for us on the table and sometimes even flowers!
Apart from our first late-arrival dinner the food was always good and we could always find something we enjoyed. Nabina made delicious omelettes every morning for breakfast, always with a smile! The freshly made pancakes were also very good! We also really enjoyed the freshly made pizzas where you could choose your own toppings.
The animation team of 3 lads worked so hard, always enthusiastic and with smiles for everyone young and old.
Our Thomson rep Isam was great. We booked a couple of trips through him and we were very pleased.
Bad points –
The hotel is looking very shabby in some places and dirty particularly the corridors.
Our room was clean, but I felt the bed linen looked grubby and stained which I didn’t like. Although our sheets were changed once during the week our pillow cases were not and the next sheets also looked grubby and stained. Over the sheets I had a duvet, but it had no cover on it so that really was dirty from previous occupants. Also the pillows smelled musty and this really did put me off wanting to return.
The reception desk staff were not always as polite and helpful as they could be. Our welcome could have been warmer – a smile always helps! It was 8.45 when we arrived and they insisted we go straight in to dinner without going to our rooms first to freshen up after our long journey. The food was not being replaced and what there was left was dried up and we felt disappointed. After these initial impressions things improved but it took a few days for us to feel happy here because of our poor beginning.
One of the money exchange staff was surly and rude. Due to its limited opening times it was, on occasions inconvenient to wait for it to be open.
Wifi was spasmodic. Sometimes it worked in our room, but on many other occasions it wouldn’t connect even sitting in reception under the router!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia