Recently returned from 2 week holiday 28th Aug # 11 Sept. Reception Staff were very friendly and efficient, our room at the rear of hotel was very clean, plenty of room and wardrobe/drawer space ample, bed comfortable, and bedding changed regularly by the room maid who did a wonderful job. The barmen in the main bar and American bar provided very good friendly service. The breakfast buffet restaurant was excellent with plenty of choice - omelettes, eggs, pancakes.prepared while you wait together with hard boiled eggs, breads, fruit, juices, toast, etc. etc. waiters most efficient in clearing tables and also very helpful. The Dinner restaurant provided excellent quality fresh meat and fish, once again cooked while you wait, and a vast selection of food from the buffet - a big thank you to Tofi who always welcomed us, provided us with drinks and even decorated our table on 2 occasions - a most professional waiter! The atmosphere in this restaurant is very restful and relaxing (apart from the influx of Algerian and Russian guests at the end of our holiday whose manners left a lot to be desired), but the staff appear to be keeping this behaviour under control - full marks to them. The catering manager also keeps a watchful eye over the restaurants and bars to ensure everything is running efficiently .We enjoyed the beach restaurant at lunchtime, queues often built up, but were very quickly cleared. Drinks within the hotel are served in glasses, but of course in the interests of safety, rigid plastic is provided outside.
Pool area fairly crowded, but chairs and parasols were always available from Iffy at the beach who was also a very friendly character. Beach vendors were no problem, in fact we had some good banter with them most days. We met some wonderful people, - German, French, Austrian and English, and had a great holiday with plenty of fun. Perhaps if we had tried, we could have found something to moan about, but we enjoyed ourselves and I think we made a good choice.
The hotel is a little tired in places, the entertainment wasn't that great and the Thomson rep was hopeless but this hotel didn't claim to be 5* and we received what we paid for. After 34 years in the Travel Trade now retired, I have stayed in numerous hotels worldwide and I give top marks to the staff at this hotel who are doing a good job in sometimes difficult circumstances, and with some difficult clientele. Chill out, relax and enjoy! Hello to everyone from Chris and David.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia