“Would go again in the future”

Marhaba Palace Hotel
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Brighton
“Would go again in the future”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our overall holiday out weighed any negative points about this hotel. We wanted cheap and cheerful and thats what we got. The hotel is a little dated and the bars in the hotel look quite 80's, however if you take it for what it is it doesn't spoil the holiday. The animation team were by far the highlight along with some of the restaurant staff. We were there for two weeks and could have stayed longer. The drinks selection is limited and the wine is not the best, food was great, no shortage of choice. There is a hotel being built next door however if you have a room that doesn't face it then there is no problem.

Room Tip: The beach views are good but you dont get much sun.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gilligan_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Polish first
Algiers, Algeria
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel with my friends. we were surprised by the prices and the rank of the hotel: usuallly I pay two times the normal price for a 4 * stars! Anyway, everything's was nice , except the way that we were treated... i didn't really Like it ! this was because we are young ? or because we are algerians ? I don't know !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank WalidLak
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

we had an amazing holiday here! we were a little worried after reading some reveiws before we went but i dont think those people were staying at this hotel! we had a 13hour delay going out but when we arrived at 1.30am the reception staff and porter were on top form! the animation team were brilliant! i didnt join in the games in the day time, prefering to lie on my sunbed reading my book(s)! my fiance on the other hand did everything! beach volley ball twice a day, water polo, darts etc. he loved it! the pool was gorgeous! and the area round the pool was always clean and tidy, if you asked the bar staff or any member of staff anything they were more than happy to help! The evening entertainment was also great! we got asked a lot to join in as we were some of the youngest people there but again it was all great fun! all different themed nights. The food was great and our waiter was lovely! if you were unsure what something was they would try and describe as best they could. the made to order pizzas in the evening were a hit with us, i tried more of the local food than Dan and it was beautiful. outside the hotel down at the marina was lovely too! the only thing i would warn against would be going in the area near the colourful fountain where the funfair is, we went in with 2 other couples we had met at the hotel, walked in and walked straight out again! even the blokes were uncomfortable, it seemed to be a local area and we werent welcome. all the shop owners were lovely and didnt seem to try and rip you off, we didnt have any problem anyway!
all in all we wouldnt think twice about going back next year! we really didnt want to come home at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank charlw88
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great
Exellent service throughout
Dinning room staff are brilliant and look after you no matter what
Animation Great!! no question about it, evening shows very fun, day time activities enjoyable
Hotel right on the beach with again great service with whte coated and dicky bowed staff. The security man takes good care of you and brings you your sunbeds (free) and anything you need just give him a call. Meals are fantastic with your own personal table and waiters for your entire stay. We are looking forward to our return there very soon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank daly z
Castleford
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I won't deny I choose this hotel because of the price. I read loads of reviews and at times worried I had made the wrong choice, but I hadn't. Brilliant Food, View from rooms outstanding and the cleaning of the hotel was brilliant - beach spot on. As soon as I arrived home I was pricing up again for the same hotel next year!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dawnieh
Telford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have recently returned from this hotel for the second time, I have nothing to moan about and I am very fussy. The room was excellent with brilliant view of the pool and the sea and the cleaning staff did a wonderful job. The food was great always something for everyones taste and hot at all times. Bar staff are so funny if you enjoy a joke with them then they will keep you entertained for hours. The entertainement and animation team were much better this time around but they can only be good when people can be bothered to join in or else it makes their job very difficult. All of the hotel was kept spotlessly clean everywhere I went and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. I have visited many hotels in the area and i think some of the people that moan at this hotel really need to visit some of the others, to sum it up compared to other hotels i would say others are the starter but Marhaba Palace is most definately the main course, I will be returning very soon :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Helen R
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Me and my friends had mixed opinions regarding this hotel when we read on trip advisore stating how poor the hotel is etc.
I must say how wrong of those who said this hotel was terrible. Me and my friends thoroughly enjoyed our holiday in Tunisia Marhaba Palace. And we are planning our next holiday again next year.

We stayed a week beginning of October.

The food was absolutely delicious, We had no problems with eating everything they had on offer so for those who said there isnt much choice then i suppose they havent a clue about food.

Staff
The staff were mega friendly, the bar staff at the pool and beach bar cracked jokes with us. The waiters at the restaurant were pleasantly helpful. etc etc
The Animations team gave 100% in keeping all the holiday makers happy. Its possibly the most important part of the hotel having a good anitmation team. I was very surprised to have seen a young lady animator named mariana aka Bella who is from london. I was pleasantly surprised mainly because most Tunisian hotels only employ their own people. So really this was a mega bonus to have a UK animator there at the hotel. Mega friendly, well spoken, wise young animator. The hotel need more animators like her. Having saying that The rest of the team, Kimo and Gormez were amazing with the water aerobics. Hats off to them all. And big thanks to the other two animators for the evening shows. and a Massive thanks to Mariana. Hope to see her there next year along with the rest of the team.

Beach and pool
always kept tidy clean, quick bar service at the pool for drinks, around 3pm they have pancakes and ice cream served at the pool bar. Most definitely fiiled the gap :)

We were told about the building work next door. However it did not bother us in the slightest.

Rooms
Always kept clean, clean towels, sheets and bathroom and friendly cleaners.

All in all my friends and I had the most relaxing yet amazing holiday and we will most definitely re visit next year.

Alice Castello- October 6th-13th October

4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,637 reviews
Concorde Green Park Palace
Concorde Green Park Palace
#10 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to Marhaba Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!