“excellent”

Marhaba Palace Hotel
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed November 9, 2012

we had an amazing holiday here! we were a little worried after reading some reveiws before we went but i dont think those people were staying at this hotel! we had a 13hour delay going out but when we arrived at 1.30am the reception staff and porter were on top form! the animation team were brilliant! i didnt join in the games in the day time, prefering to lie on my sunbed reading my book(s)! my fiance on the other hand did everything! beach volley ball twice a day, water polo, darts etc. he loved it! the pool was gorgeous! and the area round the pool was always clean and tidy, if you asked the bar staff or any member of staff anything they were more than happy to help! The evening entertainment was also great! we got asked a lot to join in as we were some of the youngest people there but again it was all great fun! all different themed nights. The food was great and our waiter was lovely! if you were unsure what something was they would try and describe as best they could. the made to order pizzas in the evening were a hit with us, i tried more of the local food than Dan and it was beautiful. outside the hotel down at the marina was lovely too! the only thing i would warn against would be going in the area near the colourful fountain where the funfair is, we went in with 2 other couples we had met at the hotel, walked in and walked straight out again! even the blokes were uncomfortable, it seemed to be a local area and we werent welcome. all the shop owners were lovely and didnt seem to try and rip you off, we didnt have any problem anyway!
all in all we wouldnt think twice about going back next year! we really didnt want to come home at all!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank charlw88
Write a ReviewReviews (2,070)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great
Exellent service throughout
Dinning room staff are brilliant and look after you no matter what
Animation Great!! no question about it, evening shows very fun, day time activities enjoyable
Hotel right on the beach with again great service with whte coated and dicky bowed staff. The security man takes good care of you and brings you your sunbeds (free) and anything you need just give him a call. Meals are fantastic with your own personal table and waiters for your entire stay. We are looking forward to our return there very soon

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank daly z
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I won't deny I choose this hotel because of the price. I read loads of reviews and at times worried I had made the wrong choice, but I hadn't. Brilliant Food, View from rooms outstanding and the cleaning of the hotel was brilliant - beach spot on. As soon as I arrived home I was pricing up again for the same hotel next year!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dawnieh
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have recently returned from this hotel for the second time, I have nothing to moan about and I am very fussy. The room was excellent with brilliant view of the pool and the sea and the cleaning staff did a wonderful job. The food was great always something for everyones taste and hot at all times. Bar staff are so funny if you enjoy a joke with them then they will keep you entertained for hours. The entertainement and animation team were much better this time around but they can only be good when people can be bothered to join in or else it makes their job very difficult. All of the hotel was kept spotlessly clean everywhere I went and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. I have visited many hotels in the area and i think some of the people that moan at this hotel really need to visit some of the others, to sum it up compared to other hotels i would say others are the starter but Marhaba Palace is most definately the main course, I will be returning very soon :-)

4  Thank Helen R
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Me and my friends had mixed opinions regarding this hotel when we read on trip advisore stating how poor the hotel is etc.
I must say how wrong of those who said this hotel was terrible. Me and my friends thoroughly enjoyed our holiday in Tunisia Marhaba Palace. And we are planning our next holiday again next year.

We stayed a week beginning of October.

The food was absolutely delicious, We had no problems with eating everything they had on offer so for those who said there isnt much choice then i suppose they havent a clue about food.

Staff
The staff were mega friendly, the bar staff at the pool and beach bar cracked jokes with us. The waiters at the restaurant were pleasantly helpful. etc etc
The Animations team gave 100% in keeping all the holiday makers happy. Its possibly the most important part of the hotel having a good anitmation team. I was very surprised to have seen a young lady animator named mariana aka Bella who is from london. I was pleasantly surprised mainly because most Tunisian hotels only employ their own people. So really this was a mega bonus to have a UK animator there at the hotel. Mega friendly, well spoken, wise young animator. The hotel need more animators like her. Having saying that The rest of the team, Kimo and Gormez were amazing with the water aerobics. Hats off to them all. And big thanks to the other two animators for the evening shows. and a Massive thanks to Mariana. Hope to see her there next year along with the rest of the team.

Beach and pool
always kept tidy clean, quick bar service at the pool for drinks, around 3pm they have pancakes and ice cream served at the pool bar. Most definitely fiiled the gap :)

We were told about the building work next door. However it did not bother us in the slightest.

Rooms
Always kept clean, clean towels, sheets and bathroom and friendly cleaners.

All in all my friends and I had the most relaxing yet amazing holiday and we will most definitely re visit next year.

Alice Castello- October 6th-13th October

2  Thank Alice C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall the holiday was brilliant, the wide rage and selection of bars was more than fulfilling and allowed you to be near a bar no matter where you were in the hotel complex you were,all of which served hot, cold and alcoholic drinks served by the waiters who always had a smile on there face, the restaurants were exceptional, there was a wide range of food in both the breakfast and main dinner restaurant, there is also an Ala-carte restaurant in which you have to pay and book for in advance, there is also a set menu but there is plenty of choice.
I myself am a vegan and i had no trouble finding food in the restaurants as they have a wide range of food that changes daily. The staff were amazing and couldn't help you more, my grandmother and grandfather loved the experience,as did I and my younger brother who is 7, I'm 16 and i had no trouble having a spectacular time. The hotel itself was awe-inspiring, the hotel sticks out like a sore thumb and everyone in Tunisia knows about how good it is, even taxi drivers compliment the hotel when they are on the opposite side of Tunisia,such as the airport and Hammam Sousse. facilities at the hotel were great, the animation team did an excellent job with entertaining my younger brother and I and lead group activities with the younger children, there are three pools to choose from one inside pool, a large outside pool that goes to 7 foot deep and branches round to a small pool that is intended for small children, as it is 15 foot in circumference and about a foot 1/2 to 2 feet deep.All three are cleaned daily and there are sunbeds to spare as i went in the height of summer. The hotel itself however has seen better days, you can tell that it isn't the newest of hotels as the whitewash is coming off of the large hotel and the rooms are looking a bit shabby, not overly so but slightly, the front of the hotel offers a view of the area and features small balcony's that you cant really stand on, they are more to be used as a large window, at the back however, the perspective changes entirely and you have a beautiful view of the ocean,beach and the two outdoor pools, where two bars are, from the back of the hotel the beach is no longer than a 250 foot walk and you are on powdery white sands with a glistening blue ocean, there is also a restaurant on the beach that offers food and drink at the same price that the hotel offers, there you will find a wide range of water sports like jet skiing and para sailing, but be aware, because as you enter the beach there is a small man who pesters you senseless about gosh darned camel rides, i just put on my headphones and ignored him ;D, I also highly advise the harbor, it is absolutely beautiful and offers fishing and general boat trips in which were amazingly fun for a bargain price, i remember one boat trip was about 2 hours long for 10 dinar per person and you could have food and drink on tap the whole time, the hotel itself was kept in spectacular condition by the maids who cleaned your room every morning once you left for breakfast, and they are very trustworthy as well, i left a pair of Beats by Dre Pro headphones on my bed and they made my bed and put the b=headphones in the case and neatly put them in exactly the same place i left them, in which is surprising as they could easily get 2000 dinar for them in Tunisia. i'm off topic, the corridors and the main hall were kept in great condition and you could easily make yourself out in the marble floors in the foyer,if you worry about phone signal, strangely i had full signal with 3g internet all the time in the hotel (they also have WiFi, just ask them) in which was sufficient. We are happy to go again and may do so next year, i highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who just wants to escape :)

Room Tip: get rooms on the back side of the hotel for beautiful views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jackary_E
Reviewed November 4, 2012

just returned from Tunisia and Marhaba Palace, had great time at the hotel not only with friends but with overall organisation, friendly staff, activities through the animation team and the high standard of food throughout the week. Oh and the generous measures of spirits !!!!
Archery, Volleyball, Water polo, good watersports on the beach and a lovely pool make for a very happy active 51 year old!
Accommodation was very adequate, hotel grounds well manicured, hotel appearance outside a little tired and the building work next door non intrusive.
Bar areas were lovely, entertainment that took place in night club was ok (animation team do work hard) dining areas excellent and overall facilities good.
A nice touch is the availability of late evening snacks after about 10pm and the coffee machines that supply wonderful capucins and moccas etc. for most of the day.
Thank you Marhaba Palace.

Room Tip: Sea view and upper floors for the panoramic views.
3  Thank Ian T
JAZ Tour Khalef Thalasso & Spa
El Mouradi Palace
El Mouradi Palace
#17 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to Marhaba Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!