We have just returned from a week s holiday at the Marhaba palace, probably the best holiday we have ever had. Some of the very poor reviews of thi hotel are, I feel, nothing short of malicious. Yes I would agree that the hotel is slightly tired, but given the throughput of people, not surprising. I would like to list some of the things that did, or did not happen/affect our holiday.
Spotless rooms, charming and efficient maid, who dealt promptly with any request.
Exellent food, particularly breakfast, no sign of ants or flies in the dining room.
Waiters very good, we were half board but saw no difference in our tratment to the all inclusve crowd.
Spotless pool area, no hunt or wait for sun loungers at any time of the day.
Exellent beach area, no jellyfish, but like swimming in a giant fish pedicure!
If you are half board, use the "big" supermarket just down the road, 4 large baguettes, whole roast chicken, packet of biscuits and large boottle of pop for a picnic lunch-9 dinars.
Also, the touristy/souveniry, henna tattoo shop right next to the supermarket is a good shop, friendly, non pushy staff and fixed prices.
Not a hint, among the four of us of any illness, D & V call it what you will, nor did we hear of anybody else with it!
One or two downsides, the lifts are a bit dodgy, use the stairs! The hotel shop is a bit rubbish and very expensive, Although it did not affect us, some of the all inclusve people were not too happy about the size and quality of the pump (post mix) soft drinks eg coke and fanta. To be honest, even if I was all inclusive I would buy some fizzy drinks and water in the supermarket, it is so cheap.
We had agreat time, and would go back tomorrow, sory if I have banged on about the local supermarket! But as half boarders we found it very useful.
P.S we had no trouble/were not bothered by the building work next door at all. If they carry on at the pace we saw, they will still be at it in 50 years time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia