El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Palace(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
Houria Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Club Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riviera(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
El Mouradi Club Selima(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Daphne Club Miramar(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here with my husband from 21/06/14 to 05/07/14, following on from a successful holiday in 2013.

POSITIVES: (a) very friendly & helpful staff - Thanks especially to Hateem & Ben in the Dining Room; Said & Taoufik in the Bar/Entertainment Area; Sami at Beach Bar (b) lovely beach as part of the hotel with free sunbeds & umbrellas - thanks to Mourad who organises the sunbeds & mattresses on the beach. If you want a padded mattress it will cost Td2 per person, per day = €0.90 pppd (c) free air conditioning in the bedroom (d) great choice of food at all meals but of course it gets boring if you are staying for 2 weeks (e) Hassle-free - there are lots of activities on offer and trips to go on but we found that once we said no they didn't keep bugging us like what happens in other hotels (f) Check-in & Check-out was very efficient (g) Beach towels are available by paying a Td10 deposit, which is refundable on return of the towel card - towels are changed every 2nd day.
NEGATIVES: (i) Room 196, which we were allocated was fairly shabby and needs an upgrade (ii) Carpets in corridors to bedrooms are stained and need to be replaced (iii) Evening entertainment was still quite poor - it was definitely better than last year but I do think that the hotel management must consider employing professional entertainers for at least part of each week (iv) the Russian violinist that we were subjected to on 3 nights (with the exact same repertoire) was very hard to listen to and the high pitched notes hurt my ears so I had to leave the entertainment area and go inside.

You can hire a safety deposit box (which is located in an area beside reception) at a cost of Td2 per day plus refundable deposit of Td20 - for our fortnight the initial outlay was Td48 but actual cost was Td24.

If you want to buy a 1.5 litre of water for use in your room then it costs Td1 from the bar and there is a fridge in your room to keep it cool.

We did tip our waiters and maid and as far as we could see it was much appreciated but there didn't seem to be any distinction in the level of service if you didn't tip. Do bear in mind that the wages of staff are quite poor - another guest asked one of the waiters and the average wage is Td200 per month = €90 per month!!!!

We also heard from other guests that there rooms were of a much higher standard that what we had so it might be worthwhile insisting on a refurnished room when booking or checking-in.

We travelled with JustSunshine.ie and there were a number of problems - Firstly there were no reps when we arrived at Monastir Airport, as a result of our flight having been delayed; Secondly there was an unacceptable delay with the coach departing the airport, as there seemed to be some mix-up with which passengers were to go on which coach and then further delay with handing out packs about the information meeting the following day; Thirdly there was very little useful information given to visitors as to what to expect - water, electricity, sun etc which must have been very scary for 1st time visitors to Tunisia; Fourthly, the rep did not accompany passengers to the resort and it was left up to the coach driver to announce the stops but some people got confused as to which hotel they were staying in as they were all El-Mouradi hotels. There was also an issue on the outbound flight as it was free-seating and mayhem ensued when the last people getting on the plane couldn't be seated together! Return flight had seating allocated.

YES - some of the rooms and corridors are shabby but that is the only negative for us and as we only used the room for showering & sleeping this would not stop us recommending this hotel or returning to it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AchillIslandMayo
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I agree with a previous comment about the rooms requiring updating but I wasnt in it for long to let it bother me!

I found most staff extremely pleasant. Waitors in the restaurant occasionally saved a table for me, never left me without a drink and always smiled, waved or spoke. Even kitchen staff who popped out from time to time did the same.

I can be quite fussy with food but I had no complaints. There was alsorts to choose from and suiting to all tastes.

The animation team made it for me, speaking as someone who was there on her own and did not want to wander about outside the complex at night. The quality of the shows were fantastic, something different from the team every night and I think they pushed themselves to achieve lots more than what would be considered average. You would not be bored with their evening performances. I can also say they all smiled and made an effort to talk. The whole team clearly work so hard and such long hours, and they deserve all the credit in the world.

The main complaint for me is that the issue of drinks within the all inclusive package is a little irritating. All drinks are given in a small glass or plastic cup and you have to go to the bar and queue for one each time. I would think it more appropriate to have at least soft drinks on a dispenser and the option of a larger vessel to drink from. In a hot country, one or two mouthfuls of water from a small plastic cup is not enough to keep anyone hydrated and as I think I have read before, if you wanted any more, you had to pay for a bottle.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I am not going to go into our complete itinerary on arrival etc. but would just say this hotel is not clean and certainly not 4 star. The carpets in the room had cigarette burns and a couple of burns where an iron had been put on the carpet. The general décor was poor and shabby and the whole place needs a facelift. The food was not very good, and the Saturday evening was like a feeding frenzy, as soon as food was brought out people were grabbing at it like animals, I decided not to join the push and shove that was going on so went to the shop and bought crisps and a bottle of water. The following morning we went down for breakfast and the place had not been cleaned from the night before, there was food on the floor and it was sticky and dirty under foot. Mind you the waiter did start sweeping the floor whilst we were eating. The worst thing I saw was a waiter in the bar collecting beer glasses from the tables outside, brought them in on a tray and without washing them filled them up again and re distributed them to various tables. Having said that the location is great and the beach is lovely as are the animation team who worked really hard, but no I would not go back, this place needs to clean up its act.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank martin096
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Checked in on 06.06.14. This was my fourth time and as always reception was of best quality. Reception staff were attentive and friendly. Special thanks to a night reception guy,sorry don't remember the name. Helped us out a lot. Restaurant staff always looked after our table. Food selection exellent, everyday something new to try. Best pancakes ever!!! Housekeeping girls did great job, always smiling kept rooms sparkling. Bar staff needs to be a little bit refreshed. One barman was rude, but drinks did not suffered from that. The youngest of barmen was doing a great job, best 'sex on the beach' (coctail :) ). The biggest gratitude to a animation team, who made this vacation amazing as all the previous times. Huge thanks to all of them: Aymen (scorpi),Hamza ( he will teach you play volleyball weather you wanted it or not :) ), Saleh (!!!), Malek, Youssef ( Robin Hood), Veronica ( new girl,good luck to you), DJ Momo and of course 'BIG BOSS' Sofien!!! Thank you guys for a wonderfull week. See you all next time as we are deffinately coming back again !!! We are thanking everyone working in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank inese1978
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This will be a honest appraisal of el mouradi port el Kantoui, take it as you will, not a hotel I would ever care to return to.
On arrival we (two mature women) were met with complete indifference, men were served before us and the attitude at reception on checking in was one of 'we were a nuisance'. Not a great start to our one week holiday, the friendliest member of staff was the porter who at least treated us as human beings. The first room were we shown to was supremely awful, the carpets were filthy, the bathroom was dirty, the balcony hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. The room stank of cigarette smoke and there were discarded butts and rubbish all over the bit of roof beyond the balcony. We requested a room change via our rep at just sunshine. We were given keys to 3 rooms , all of a very low standard and eventually settled on the least offensive overlooking quiet gardens towards the sea, however still not impressed with the standard of the rooms. This was sold to us as a four star hotel, never in a million years could this place ever meet a four star standard, even in Tunisia and I have travelled in Tunisia quite a few times.
The biggest plus is the beach which is lovely, gentle sea breeze and golden sands...however the definition of all inclusive does not extend to mattresses on the sun beds, that is an extra 2 dinar per person per day..nor does it include bottles of water...an extra dinar per bottle.
Also on the plus side the wifi in the lobby is fast, the food is tolerable although vegetarians will struggle to find a good variety other than copious amounts of salad.
Another plus are the gardens which are well kept and attractive, the quiet pool is relatively clean and good for swimming lengths.
The waiters in the restaurant were very considerate, especially with my sister as she had to juggle plates and a walking stick. The standard of cleanliness in the dining room was not high, however to be fair when I pointed out one particularly filthy wall to the guest relations manager it was cleaned up.
Some of the bar staff were surly, some were smiley and what a difference a smile makes.
The evening entertainment was puerile but some nationalities appeared to enjoy it so maybe it was just not to my taste.
Given the plus points we decided to try to make the best out of being misled into booking a hotel described as 4 star which struggled to be a 2 star.
However the final straw was at 4.00am on day 3 when we discovered cockroaches in the bathroom. We called a porter to remove them and then couldn't get back to sleep that night so packed our bags and moved to the lobby. We have spoken to other guests who have also been plagued with cockroaches so it definitely was not a one off due to bit of rain as the guest relations person tried to imply. The next day of our holiday was spent complaining to the rep,and the guest relations woman, Sana. I was shown another 5 or 6 rooms, all were of a very low standard, some were too far away for my sister to walk to as she she walks with a stick. We reluctantly settled on a room on the second floor, unseen, in the hope that cockroaches hadn't got as far as the second floor. The room was due to be ready at 1.00pm. It wasn't ready at 1.00pm or 2.00pm or 3.00pm or 4.00pm, we eventually got a key at 4.30pm so spent a day without a room at all. This room again had a badly stained ill-fitting carpet and a rather unpleasant musty carpet smell. We kept the bathroom lights on all night and kept the plugs in the bath and basin and thankfully didn't see any more cockroaches. The whole place is desperately in need of refurbishment, the carpets in the corridors are simply awful.
On the final Saturday of our stay the hotel was very busy and the buffet evening meal resembled a rugby scrum,pushing and shoving to get to food ignoring any queueing, obviously this is not the hotels fault but the manners of their guests were appalling.
Essentially if your expectations are suitably low then you may enjoy this hotel however there are much better options, try the Yasmine hammamet area for a better quality of hotel.
My recommendation is avoid el Mouradi Port El Kanatoui at all costs, how people can describe this place as 'brilliant' is incomprehensible to me. I always check out trip advisor reviews before booking anywhere but I think there must have been some manipulation on reviews for this hotel so buyer beware,

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, I saw a lot of rooms and none were of an acceptable standard.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family