“Tunisia, your next trip destination” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Belgium
“Tunisia, your next trip destination”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui three years ago and during two weeks, in July 2010. I really enjoyed this trip in Tunisia! The hotel was always cleaned and when we went out the hotel to go to the swimming pool, we enjoyed the beauties of the sea just in front of us. The food was very good and plenty of choice. Moreover, there are bars just next to the swimming pool with pizzas, Panini, soft drinks, hot drinks and alcohol.. There is a nightclub in the hotel, and there are parties every night. I could enjoy that great parties with my cousin and it was really funny.
I also noticed and appreciated that all the staff was very sociable and helpful, when we were eating, there was always a waiter asking us "Do you need something?". At the front desk, they always asked us if we were doing well. But the best was the animation team, they were very nice, and they made us smile all our stay long, they really wanted us to have a good time, and we did.
Furthermore, we went sightseeing in Port El Kantaoui. It really worth it because the city is very beautiful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Loreta M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed in el mouradi port for 2weeks in oct it was lovely.the beach is fantastic very clean and perfect with the beach bar with the pizzas,chips and Panini the chef was so friendly.everyday we enjoyed cappuccinos that were available at the bar they were lovely.the soft drinks were all branded fanta coke etc,my husband enjoyed the beer and i enjoyed martini.we were on holiday with our mother who is in a wheelchair as she is disabled and i must say how easy it was to get to everything they had ramps everywhere so no areas were a problem even the beach was easily accessible.the cleaners were so friendly clean bedding and towel's every day.food was good plenty to choose from i loved the omelette's with 5 fillings at breakfasts,everyday the same table was saved for us to sit in the restaurant our waiters were so lovely we had a great holiday and would definitely return to this hotel.i would like to mention the animation team they work so hard to make sure everyone has a good time.we did think that the some of the barmen were very ignorant at first but they got better in the second week

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Sharon,Steve and Maureen
swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from October 15th for 10 days.This was my 4th time here and this time I brought my daughter and a friend. I was hoping it would live up to my recommendation..
It did. The food was very good and always plenty of choice, lovely fresh salads. Yes it can be repetative but there is a selection of everything. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they really make your holiday an excellent one.
The rooms are a little tired, a refurb would be good, but they are very clean. The 2 pools are very clean and the entertainment at night is fun. The loacation is good right next to the lovely beach.
I will definately be returning.
Janet Sian and Mary from Swindon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank janet m
Mouradi P, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Janet,
We would love to thank you for all the marvelous comments you have wrote about our hotel El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui and also for the time and effort it took you to post them for the whole travelling community to read them on Tripadvisor
Reading your words we feel the urge to share your comments with the whole staff of the hotel, since such words are priceless and encouraging, they lead us not only to continue working in this way but also to try improving all the time.
Regarding your comment on refurbishing the rooms, we want to inform you that the head managment is working on it,
Dear guest, your thoughts are the best award we ever could receive.Once again, thanks a lot for all your comments, we hope to see you soon back in our hotel,

Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

A lot to mention here. The hotel is clean and the rooms are functional. TIP: either ask for room at front of hotel , or like us, have room facing sea but well away from overlooking the pool and its noise. ( We were room 196)The beds were quite hard and uncomfortable.The staff are great, and yes we did tip, but only 2-3 dinar each mealtime, received great service. Did the camel ride (great) quads ( better) parachute glide ( scary ) and the zoo and zulu ( good experience)all are very good value for money.Book the Gala night as soon as you arrive as it gets booked up ( still on the AI)Visit Sousse but becareful as can be quite intimidating, listen to what the rep tells you (we had Medhi from Just Sunshine who was v knowledgeable) and you should'nt get scammed. The Port is worth a visit, but don't make a special visit for the musical fountains which just left us rather bemused.Although you'll hear scare stories about the people here, remember it's a very different culture, and there is a lot of poverty here . And , more than anything else we were absolutely delighted in the way EVERYBODY treated our son, who has Downs Syndrome. He was always treated with kindness, but never patronised, people would go out of their way to talk to him, never expecting anything in return and we were very grateful to the Tunisian people for this. There are problems here ( politically and economically) but they WANT you to be here and show their enthusiasm, however, there is a feeling that the bartering, scamming, expectation of tipping etc may, over the coming years, become more cynical and over aggressive. I hope not as it's a lovely Country and people. Weather, of course, wonderful.

Room Tip: All in the review above.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephen T
Dear Stephen T,

Thank you for choosing to sepend your holiday at our hotel El Mouradi Port EL Kantaoui
Thank you very much for your positive comments and recommendations on Tripadvisor, honesty deserves to be mentioned that your congrats will go to our entire staff.
Dear guest , we deeply regret your disappointment on the bed confort ,we will pass on your comment to our head managment to improve on that point .
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at El Mouradi Port for a week in October as a second holiday. For the price we paid the hotel was great value for money.

The food was tasty (a little repetitive but what can you expect from all in), the pool was nice and clean and the beach looked good even though we didnt use it.

What let the holiday down was Tunisia itself. If you have never been, listen when people tell you the Tunisians are pushy and never let people compare it to bartering in Turkey. We went into Sousse shopping and from the moment we stepped out the taxi they were onto you begging you to buy things, you couldn't look anyone in the eye, unlike the Turks they do not take no for an answer and they even came into the restaurants while you were eating to try and sell you things. They tell you things are free but once you've opened them they charge you.

If I returned to Tunisia, I would stay at this hotel but I think because if the time of year we went 90% of the people were German retired couples (which didnt really bother us) so I may try a different time of year and I certainly wouldn't leave the hotel complex again.

For what we paid it was great value for money.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank EmilyS93
Dear EmilyS,

Thank you for your words about our hotel El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui, we are very pleased on knowing that you had a marvelous experience here, we will pass your words to the staff for them to know about your opinion .
Once again, thanks for your comments, they are a truly award for the whole staff and we hope to see you again for your next visit to Tunisia.

Best regards.

Maidstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We Stayed at the El Mouradi Port Sept 28th for 2 weeks. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the trip advisor comments but we really need not have worried.

Firstly I have to mention the staff - all of them that we encountered were friendly and none of them expected a tip - we tipped at the end of the trip to waiters, restaurant staff and maids. They all work extremely hard and for very little. I found that if you treat people with respect they will go the extra mile to make sure that you are well looked after. I agree with the previous comment about other holidaymakers who seem to have left their manners at home.

Now to the food. As in all other all inclusive hotel I have stayed in the food does get a bit repetitive but always found something to eat, always lovely salads, a pasta and pizza station and mostly beef dishes. To be honest the money we paid for this holiday we could not fault the food.

The Rooms - this for me was the only part of the hotel that I was disappointed in - the room we had (029) ground floor overlooking the front of the hotel definitely needs a refurb. The carpet was old and looked dirty and a funny musty smell (but we only spent a limited amount of time in the room so it didn't detract from our overall holiday) The big downside is the beds - very low and very hard - I really did not have a good nights sleep while I was their.

I would like too mention that we went into Port El Kantaoui and ate at a restaurant called La Meditaraneo - beautiful fish restaurant overlooking the harbour. We ate here and it cost around the £50.00 for the two of us for 2 courses + bottle of wine+ irish coffee's and tip included.

Would I go back - yes, the resort itself is great, lovely sandy beach and because I have walking difficulties the fact that it is on the flat a great advantage. The weather when we went was changeable but never cold .

If you want a great holiday on a budget go to the Port El Kantaoui - you will not be disappointed.

One more thing - I took a travel kettle as there are no tea & coffee making facilities nor a hairdryer in the rooms - this does need to be addressed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Glenda F
Mouradi P, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Ms Glenda F,

First of all we would like to thank you for the opportunity that you have given us by choosing our El Mouradi Port El kantaoui for your holidays in Tunisia and for the time you spent to redact a review on your personal experience so we can take your vision into account to improve in our daily services.
Honesty deserves to be mentioned that your congrats will go to our entire staff. Without them, we would be nowhere .
Ms Glenda F, your thoughts are the best award we ever could receive.We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Redruth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is our 7th visit to this hotel in the last 10 years and it just gets better.

The staff are amazing and can’t do enough for you and DON’T always expect a tip!

I gave a detailed review last year and much of it still holds true. We had the same room as last year 271 and it has had a new carpet and bath fitted this year. Aircon was ok – could have been a little stronger but was adequate. Saw painters in at least 10 other rooms during our stay so it is gradually being refurbished.

This hotel is clean, maintenance issues are dealt with promptly and we had possibly our best ever holiday at this hotel. The staff are more like friends and family and the welcome is second to none.

The only downside was the behaviour of some of our own countrymen. One ‘gentleman’ lets say from ‘the Midlands’ – waived his stick at the pool area guys and said ‘ I’ll have two beds over there.’ Not a thank you or kiss my butt when it was done and much less a tip for the effort and then didn’t sit on the bed for 4 hours!!!!! These people are not your slaves – give them some respect thank them and tip them.

You are not tipping to get good service you are tipping because you got good service!!!!!!!

A funny three part handshake and ‘you’re my mate’ is not good enough when the waiter has found two chairs for the table you chose that didn’t have any chairs even though there were 30 other tables with chairs around it!

All nationalities have their bad examples and we met some great German, French and Russian people this year and we were all embarrassed by the behaviour of some of our own people! Give some respect and you will receive it back 10 fold.

Holidays are always what you make them but when all the staff from the bellboys to the managers are this good it certainly helps.

We will be back again next year for our 8th visit.

If you have any specific questions just message me and I’ll try to help.

Room Tip: dont be on the front of the hotel as sun is on from 1200 till sunset.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve Y
Dear Mr Steve Y,

We would like to thank you for choosing El Mouradi Port EL Kantaoui on your holiday since 10 years, We are thankful to read you have had a wonderful experience at our hotel.
Mr Steve Y, we feel very motivated to continue improving our services., rest assured that I will pass all your compliments to the staff involved.
Once again thank you for your visit, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in Your second home.

Hospitable regards.