(I feel some of these reviews may be confused between this hotel - El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui and the El Mouradi Club which is next door, we are writing a review for the PORT)
After reading all the reviews about this hotel, we had mixed feelings about it. We weren't concerned about the dated interior, as although we are a young couple, it's not something we were bothered about, as long as everything was clean. Which it was! The bathroom in our room was spotless when we arrived, however there was one little stain on the bedding, but that wasn't much of a worry, and we didn't see it as something to complain about. After everyone was raving about the sea view, we immediately asked for one, however found out it was an extra 32 dinars a day, so we gave that a miss. The view we had was quite pleasant anyway, so it wasn't really a problem. The room and balcony were a good size and apart from the shower head being a bit hit and miss, there's nothing to complain about on that front!
We found that the food was average, which was something we were very worried about from reading reviews, but there was a lot of choice, with different fresh meats or fish being cooked in front of you. There was also pizza on a night time, for anyone claiming there was no 'English' food for children to eat. The way the food was described in all these reviews is not an accurate representation, fair enough the food can sometimes get a bit repetitive, but there is certainly a lot of choice. And as for English food, it's ridiculous to go on holiday to another country and eat burgers and chips all the time anyway!
Drinks were nice and strong!
The beach was beautiful, and paying a bit extra for a sun bed mattress is something we were willing to do, and not a problem at all. Neither was paying 1 dinar for a litre bottle of water, we were definitely happy to do that. We spent most of our time at the beach, so I can't comment much on the pool, but there was always a large supply of sunbeds. Something that could've been improved was the beach bar food, the panini's were disgusting and the pizza was average.
The animation team were amazing, they work so hard in getting everyone involved, day and night! Doing archery, kids clubs, pool games, pool and sea aerobics, karaoke, night time games and much more!
Excursions or activities we would advise are:
- Jet Skiing (my boyfriend absolutely loved it and was prepared to do it again, the price was very good and much cheaper than other countries he's been to)
- The Friday Night Beach party; it was our last night in Tunisia and it was such an experience! We are very happy we went along, it was beautifully set out, the food was lovely, the waiters were great and very helpful, the entertainment was brilliant and the foam party topped it all off! Although it was very surreal being on a beach covered in foam!
- The 2 day Safari; although we only went to Tunisia for a week, we decided to do the safari after hearing great reviews about it, and I can safely say it is something everyone should do! You basically cover half of Tunisia in 2 days, driving through mountains, watching the sunset in the Sahara desert during a camel ride, having lunch in a cave, viewing the different oasis's and waterfalls, every part of it was truly amazing! It is a very tiring journey, as you're on the coach a lot, and there's a lot of early mornings, but this trip is definitely advised for young couples or old! However, I wouldn't advise it for families, as the days are long, the mornings early and although amazing, it is a very tiring trip.
Something else we'd like to cover is that we travelled with Just Sunshine, after seeing many terrible reviews about this company, we were worried that this is the part of the holiday that may let us down. However, we were completely wrong! Just Sunshine was a brilliant company to travel with, we had no problems and our Rep Dali was fantastic! The company was so brilliant we will be writing to them to thank the rep and give him some recognition. We came to this hotel through buying a Kgbdeal, another company that has had some terrible reviews, however, we found the company easy to plan with and nothing went wrong with our deal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Port Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Hotel Port Kantaoui