“Fun for kids”

El Mouradi Club Kantaoui
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I never really write reviews but I will on this occasion.
First the not so good things :restaurant not that great,waiters kinda moody, even if tips were given. Queues at every food station, sometimes you have to wait for plates/ bowls cutlery.
Food was okay, not brilliant but you don't go hungry.
Queues at the bar by the pool area for drinks, so advice you get more drinks in one go :)
Now for the good things:
Swimming pools were great all 4 of them, always plenty of chairs.
Beach is gorgeous and so is the sea. ( apart from the jellyfish, although I didn't get stung)
Rooms are ok, we stayed in a bungalow near the beach and it was cleaned daily by the cleaning staff.
Main area in the hotel were always cleaned, toilets included.
My 4 year old boy had loads of fun,thank you to the sunshine kids club :)
Animation team is brilliant thank you nousa for the water aerobic xx
So... great holidays due to nice pools, beach, sea and animation team.
If you want super food and super service then expect to pay hilton prices :)
Ps do the paragliding it's brilliant according to my 4 year old son who has done it with my other half

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank mihadariusf
There are newer reviews for El Mouradi Club Kantaoui

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

me and my boyfriend got back from here today and we had an amazing time! All the staff were friendly and polite even when we couldn't tip! The food was good apart from its kind of repetative so by the end of the week we were fed up of the same stuff! but its was still good.. just put salt and pepper on it! The beach party was really good fun and I deffinately recommended doing that! Tge beach is lovely minus the jelly fish! I got stung on our second day and it put me of going back in the sea.. it went down within a few hours tho and the life gaurds laughed and put cream on it wich made me feel better! but it happened to a few people daily so be aware! not much night life around.. more of a family hotel tho! the animation team were fab to there energy was really good! all in all a good holiday! deffinately go back.. just maybe in the future with our own family!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jessie W
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I am compelled to reply to the unwarranted reviews that I have just read about this hotel. Just got back after 2 weeks and for what we paid (approx. £39 per night) I thought the holiday was great. Please do not take any notice of the review that refers the bungalows as being close to a dog kennel, absolute rubbish! OK maybe a little tired but they are very spacious, cleaned and fresh towels every day! I think it is also an insult to the chefs when people insult their food. There is plenty of choice and the waiters very friendly. As for the air conditioning remote it only costs 15 td and you get that back when you hand it in. Perhaps if people didn't pinch or lose these items hotels would not have to charge for them. The whole hotel was clean and the pool area spotless. Please do not be put off by these negative reviews, go on and have a great time! For those people who complain about this Hotel I suggest you just avoid budget hotels and pay more for your holiday because your expectations are too high for the price you paid. What you want to ask yourselves is what could you get in England for this type of money?

Room Tip: Bungalows near the beach nice and quiet especially if you have young children as the entertainment n...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
12  Thank kingpippin
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Arrived at this hotel only to find they lost our booking data. No attention, sat from 5AM - 3PM. No service from any staff. Was given a 'holding room' while they look for the booking data. Booked beach front bungalow. Got close to a dog kennel. Complained about hygiene. Room crawling with ants, room wasn't cleaned, toilet was used, smelt like..., no help at all. Not the only family to have to endure this. A second group also sufferered, was told that room wasn't then ready and needed to wait, even though we had paid for the day prior, meaning our room was meant to be ready from 12 noon of the day before. Sheer lack of respect from staff who claim it's "not my problem" idiots in trousers and suits. Only solace are the amazing people who offered us food and drink because the hotel wouldn't even give us a drink of water, never mind our all inclusive wristbands. Make to feel like a begger even though we payed!! Avoid it at all costs. Food selection awful. Staff, horrible.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Gareth G
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just got back today . Thought we were in an episode of Benidorm ! Never seen so many beer bellies and tattoos .And that was just the women guests! Superior rooms much better than standard and bungalows but bathrooms need much up dating . Never been in an all inclusive hotel where you have to pay for so many things . Don't pay for the T.V or air conditioning remotes as you can operate them manually . Food was very basic and reused again for next meal time but you could always get salad, chips and pasta . Pity no Tunisian food . Don't know why they think a cocktail is a mixture of Vodka, gin and any other spirt to hand and coloured with black currant! Our maid was very rude , always after money and upon arriving she walked into the room twice whilst I was sitting on the toilet , waved to me then showed me a plate of biscuits she brought me and wanted money . Took no notice of my request for her to come back later . She even went in to my daughters room and started to clean when she was naked! Entertainment team work really hard . Several of bars and restaurants that the hotel advertise are not included in the all inclusive as they mention .If you want a really cheap and cheerful holiday then suppose can't complain . I'm not happy as some people paid £350 for the week , far less than myself . For £350 you can't really complain but don't pay much more . It's not 4 star , I'd say 2 and a half /3 . On the positive the weather was lovely and so is the beach . Thank-you to Sarah the Thomas Cook rep , she's so approachable and helpful . Don't leave anything of value in the room , I even had expensive body lotion and toiletries taken but think that was our maid . Most staff not very friendly , specially the reception staff . If they updated all the rooms and other areas of hotel , upgraded food and choice and friendlier staff then it would be worth recommending and paying for

Room Tip: Pay extra for superior room as others are dreadful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank John W
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We flew out to Tunisia on a Friday at around 11pm, therefore arrived around 3:30am at the hotel. We had arranged to get the coach with other people from the airport due to it only being roughly around an extra £20, i would highly recommend this due to it being convenient and well worth the money.

Once we arrived the staff were very helpful. Although, i would suggest you take some change for tips due to the staff being VERY reliant on them.
We stayed in a bungalow which was one of the older ones although, i would like to praise them due to them being very clean, spacious but very basic. Overall i was pleasantly surprised.
Take some mosquito repellent due to small ants often coming in the room in the evening although once sprayed never returned.

The cleaners were very helpful bringing clean towels and cleaning the room everyday. Although, would suggest keeping all valuables locked away in either a suitcase or a safe provided by the hotel due to 50DNT going missing when wallet left out.

The food is very Tunisian as expected but chips and pastas can be found at lunch. We personally didn't like the food too much. Therefore, we decided to eat out once a day at different places such as the restaurant on the beach, more pricey but well worth it, would definitely recommend the steak.

Stay away from the town Sousse. Absolutely horrific, dirty and over all sales men/women are VERY pushy. If you leave the hotel and look at the shops close by, stay on the right side of the road, the left side is very pushy.

Snacks can be found by turning left as you come out of the hotel campus and crossing the road where you will find a plane style cafe and shop.

Would highly recommend the town Port El Kantaoui, the boat rides from there are great and lots of english style food from cafes can be found. The water park, aqua palace and parachute experience are great and would definitely recommend.

Tips are pretty essential in Tunisia and if they aren't given, staff can be very rude.
The entertainment in the evening is basic but all the reps deserve credit for the amount of effort they put in and try to make it a good atmosphere.
Waiters at breakfast/lunch/dinner wait hand on foot for each individual but also expect tips.

Lastly, hairdryers, aircon remotes, table tennis equipment and other bits and bobs are to be hired out and keep your receipts.
The maintenance men are very helpful and work long hours for short pay so be sure to tip them as much as you can afford.

The Thomas Cook welcoming rep wasn't very approachable, although all queries were answered.
Over all, the beach and pool areas are really nice and i believe this holiday was a great price for what we received, very enjoyable and despite the food, this hotel deserves higher star ratings!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Charliefitz5
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm currently sitting in the reception area ... After reading the reviews I was some what apprehensive about this hotel ! We are flying home today after a great week ..I do t know why people moan about it here ... If you want English food and perfect spoken English then go to Great Yarmouth or Blackpool ! Lol ... All in all a good fun week , clean rooms , food ok and the animation team work hard ... A good value for money hotel. X

• Stayed: July 2014
JAZ Tour Khalef Thalasso & Spa
Marhaba Palace Hotel
Marhaba Palace Hotel
#8 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to El Mouradi Club Kantaoui? Share your experiences!