“No Air Conditioning until Mid June”

El Mouradi Palm Marina
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“No Air Conditioning until Mid June”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had a great week here, staff were superb, facilities great , the Spa was out of this world and reasonable,
My Wife and I had a Turkish Bath / Body scrub and then a Massage, it was fantastic...

The only thing that will stop us returning is the lack of Air Conditioning, the last couple of days of our Holiday were really Hot ( 35c during the day and 25c at night, when I enquired why the AC was not working, I was told it will be on in 11 days!!, I can't believe this Hotel doesn't put the AC on until mid June and think this is acceptable,

Shame as everything else was great,

Room Tip: We had room 405, wifi was available in the room but not much good, ok for emails but nothing else, r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PhilandJaneKent
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear customers,

We read your review posted on Tripadvisor after your holiday spent at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday and you were happy with the services provided especially with the staff and the SPA center.

We also read you were disappointed with the AC; we apologize for discomfort but we were able to provide you with the fan since the AC should be operating from mid of June according to the contract with all the Tour Operators but it was working one week before this date.

We hope have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next visit to Port El Kantaoui / Sousse.

C.R.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week away with my boyfriend for my birthday at this hotel. Not far from Enfidha Airport, On arrival a massive amount of us all arrived at the same time and none of our rooms was ready and we had to wait approx 2 hours until we got our key but we was presented with our all inclusive wristbands so we could go and eat etc while we waited. After receiving our key the room (439) wasnt what was advertised (pink with flat screen tv and a double bed probably because even though it was booked in my name some how it ended up in the fellas name so never got pink) we got a green room with a bulky tv and 2 single beds pushed together this annoyed me as the beds kept sliding apart whilst trying to sleep but we dealt with it the tv was an eye sore but we didnt pay much attention to it we inly watched the only english channel late at night whilst getting ready for bed. We also booked and paid for a sea view room but we had partial sea view and more pool view. We was too tired from our journey to go and complain so we just got on with our holiday. The hotel is beautiful in itself except the carpets where it looks like they have been tried to be washed but left marks, maybe they should be replaced.

The buffet restaurant which is your main area for eating was the only one apart from the outside area we ate even though we had two other nights to use in the other restaurant we never bothered we grew attached to our waiter every night Jomaa, who did everything he could to make us happy and feel special. Our table was 134.. you get given a table to use (the same one) through out your stay. Jomaa always brought us drinks and new exactly what we was drinking, always asked if we was ok, brought me lemon slices for my coke everytime after seeing me bring one from salad table :) he also made my birthday meal special by making up the table beautifully and helping my other half deliver my champagne perfectly at the table he also brought me cake and got the staff to sing happy birthday to me. I will miss him. He was so polite and well mannered. I cant comment on the other restaurantsas Jomaa was the reason we stayed in the main one. The pool side eating area was where we went for lunch every day and the waiters one in particular but not sure of his name (small elderly chap thin) was also polite and very helpful. The range of food in both areas was plentiful with variety to suit all. From 4pm-5pm outside by the gift shop was also pancske hour which I loved. Alcohol is local alvohol but I did see some branded such as absolut vodka. As with any hotel abroad they put plenty of alcohol into your drink but once I asked for less alcohol they remembered and I could easily enjoy the cocktails without the taste being ruined by burning alcohol. The only staff they we did not enjoy tge company was a female down in yhe main bar area who was very rude and obnoxious. We didnt get her name but she was tge only lady who worked behind the bar on a few occasions. Every other staff we got on with and had a present time.

The beach is out on the back which is private (we was told some of our water sports was included in our holiday package but it wasnt so we paid extra) the water sports rep was lovely called Mario hes tge rep for the company for the hotel but the actual company further up the beach con you out of your time this is nothing to do with Mario but the manager instead. What you pay for is too expensive for the time you get so we only did the parachute and jetski. There is so much about this hotel its hard to comment them all. The hotels pool is nice it has a childrens pool and a noce adults pool which has sunbathing steps inside also. There is an indoor pool also with a jacuzzi which we enjoyed.

Every day and night the animation team who I and my partner had many laughs with was always happy and energetic mohammed was the only one I remember the name of purely because for my birthday he threw me in the pool (it wasn't dangerous as was done safely) he also got me up dancing and had a suprise at night with a song on stage and a bottle of wine. Entertainment each night is different.

The maid we had was useless.. we tipped and tipped and never recieved anything in return my pther half requested towel art and for the room to be made up with the items provided and gave a massive tip all she did was put the cards on the sofa so I had to make my own display for my birthday
She was polite but took the money each day and never did as requested (we was told by reception to request with them directly to do it for us we did and never recieved) this was disappointing as I like towel art and it was suppose to be a suprise which I then ended up making myself on my birthday.

The cafe on the front was very nice with free tea and shisha if people like that kind of thing. Its s good experience to try.

The quad rep in the hotel was lovely also but again it was for a different company which I wouldnt recommend ad its not long enough and tge route is horrible. The rep though is polite and lovely.

The rooms could also do with a few more plug sockets as there was only 1 free and with 2 of us in the room we had to wait to use the sockets.

I could go on and on but ive mentioned tge basics

All in all I would definitely go back to this hotel and I would recommend it but remember you get what you pay for if you pay cheap you get budget if you pay a little more you get better. I hope to return some time in the future and I cant wait ti see my favorite staff again.. Love Gemma and Luke!! :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Smithyy1989
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Mrs. Gemma & Mr. Luke,

We read your nice review posted on Tripadvisor after your holiday at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay to such extend such like the food, the pool area, the animation, the service in the restaurant with special greeting from your waiter “Jomaa”.

We also read your suggestions about the flat screen in the room which is an object of investment and they are going to be changed as soon as possible, we apologize of the behavior of girl in the bar; the corrective actions were already taken.

We would like to thank you recommending us and happy to read that you have the attentions to come back again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Port El Kantaoui / Sousse.

P.R.M.
Watchet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We recently spent a week 'Ultra All Inclusive' at this hotel. All of the staff went the extra mile to make sure our stay was as pleasant and comfortable as possible. At one point they even repaired my wife's reading glasses for her. The hotel was very clean, the food absolutely fine and very plentiful; just what you'd expect from a hotel catering to a multi- national clientele. The large balcony of our sea view room looked over both the pool and the beach, just right for relaxing at the end of the day. All in all everyone at the hotel ensured that we had a fabulous holiday; we would recommend it to anyone.

Do pop into the little side coffee room for a turkish coffee, mint tea or be brave and try a hookah pipe of cherry smoke. Smashing!

Room Tip: We were very happy with our huge first-floor room! Superior Sea View.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank davewoodland_rowe
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear customer,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed the care of the staff, the spotless, the food and the view of room allocated to you.

We will share your happiness with all the staff who is contributing to the success of our effort.

Sousse.

Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

El Mouradi Palm Marina is an old hotel but big part of this hotel is already reconstructed and I think that this summer everything will be done :) but we enjoyed our stay. Stuff is very polite and hygiene is on a high level. Regarding food - they have E V E R Y T H I N G! :) Since they were French colony they have very tasty bagels and croissants. There is an opened part of the kitchen where you can see what they are making ( fantastic eggs with tomato, onion or cheese, sea fish... ). We were only in Tunis and this excursion was great we even found orthodox church in the center of Tunis (which is one of the two orthodox churches in whole country of Tunis and it is Greek's). Port El Kantaoui is just about 3 km from hotel and you can go by foot or cab - it is important to make a deal for price before you enter in the car - or you have only 30 m to the street where you can wait for mini bus and the ticket is about 1,5 EUR if I remembered well.
My recommendations for this hotel, enjoy your stay :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Beba4886
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Customer,

We read your review posted on recently on Tripadvisor after your visit to El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday to such extent and you were happy with the service overall and also you enjoyed the capital and its monuments.

Thank you for recommending us on the forum and we will share your joy with the entire team.

We wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotels during your next visit to Port El Kantaoui / Sousse.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a lovely break
Staff friendly and very helpful.
Food was vey good with a good range to choose from.
We have however, both come out with a rash that look like some form of bite has anyone else experienced this

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chrissy955
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear customer,

We read your review posted on Tripadvisor after your visit to El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay to such extent, mostly with the food.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you during your next visit to Port El Kantaoui / sousse.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

First i don't know this hotel but when i find it in the net i think that will be a good hotel because it classed 5 stars and of course we talk about a Mouradi hotel.
When i was arrived to the hotel i still waiting the service room to find my room after that i was gonna alone to find my room it was so difficult to find a room in a big hotel that you visit it for the first time really i was so angry
After that i find many good things like the big swimming pool and the delicious food

I hope that this hotel take more care with the reception
Finally this hotel merit 7/10 like a grade hard luck for the reception
Wajdi Ben Makhlouf

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Mrs Wajdi,

We would like to thank you for the time given to post your review on Tripadvisor after you visit to El Mouradi Palm Marina.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience made by the waiting time during the check-in.

We also read that you enjoyed your holiday and you spent a relaxing time among us.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back during your next visit to Port El Kantoaui / Sousse.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked with Just Sunshine and I can't fault a single thing from start to finish.
We booked for me, my mum and two children (7 & 5) to have a week chilling out in an AI hotel away from the stresses of working/school life during half term. We got exactly that!!!
I cannot fault anything at all. The staff are so friendly its untrue, they speak amazing languages and are happy to teach you Arabic if you can be bothered to learn a few manners to speak to them.
We all had a fantastic week and didn't feel the need to leave the hotel once, there was something for us all. The children used the Mini Club daily and loved it. We joined in with Archery each day and loved it. The animation team are great, they aren't pushy at all but are always around when you want to join in. We never managed to stay up for the adult/family entertainment so can't comment on that.
The food is excellent. Its a hotel in Tunisia - don't be surprised that they serve Tunisian food!!! We never went hungry once in the whole week and ate too much to be honest.
We felt like valued customers rather than 'just another guest' and will certainly be going back soon.
If anyone wants to know anything then feel free to ask me questions :-)
Enjoy this hotel - you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: We paid for a Sea View Junior Suite - I've never seen a hotel room as big in my entire life!!! R...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
12 Thank Angela H
Ahmed G, Responsable relations publiques at El Mouradi Palm Marina, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Mrs Angela,

We read your excellent review posted recently on Tripadvisor after your holiday spent at El Mouradi Palm Marina.

We are very glad to know that your holiday lived up to your expectations and you were happy to such extent such like the facilities for the children, the entertainment and the food.

We will share your joy with the entire team; certainly your review will motivate them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port El Kantaoui
Marhaba Beach Hotel
Marhaba Beach Hotel
#4 of 35 in Sousse
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,044 reviews

Been to El Mouradi Palm Marina? Share your experiences!