“Nice holiday”
Review of El Mouradi Palace

El Mouradi Palace
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel is clearly not a 5* stars one. It's old fashioned, updated and some rooms are really noisy. But despite these facts, you can have a really good holiday because of the excellent staff. They always do their best and work hard. The entertrainer team are really nice and try hard to make your holiday better. They do different activities during the day, like gymnastic, aqua gym, darts, mini golf, petang, table tennis and so on...At night, the animation starts with mini disco and after that comes the show. In the end, there's the club dancing, where everyone dances to holiday songs together with the staff. At night, you can go to the disco, which is simple but good.
I would like to mention the pool bar staff. They are really kind and always welcome you with joy.
Overall, it's an average hotel with great staff and atmosphere.

9  Thank Dalma H
There are newer reviews for El Mouradi Palace

Reviewed January 12, 2014

El Mouradi Palace Hotel, Port El Kantaoui, SUNLINE AGENCY

Because for me strangeverygood reviews about this hotel, and in order to assist passengers who will be soldered or plan to be vacationing in the resort, I am writing this review. These arethe facts that was happened, (I am a lawyer and I love when the specific events, so that everyone can reach the conclusion), but of course that is based on them and feel. I'm not saying that other people should not go, depending on the requirements and preferences, but you should know as much as possible, and preferably both sides, and then decide. Given that it's been almost a year, I did not think anything I write, but I know it will help people who have similar desires as we do, (especially applies to families with young children). Ispentmyvacation in El Mouradi Palace Hotel, Port El Kantaoui, the tours are SUNLINE, 13 daays/12 nights, (the last minute he was concerned, so the price was more than reasonable). Summer period: end of August, beginning of September 2012 with 5-year-old daughter and my mother.

HOTEL: A large, on the beach, the architecture typical of Tunisia, (not to feel too much tourists, due to the large surface area and ALL within which is organized almost all day to get something. Details on ALL of youhave other comments that do not repeat) . Extremely large hotel, my daughter especially interesting as all related buildings, (which was very helpful when it rained, not to go outside the building where the restaurant). I was looking for, and we got a room overlooking the pool, (of course I'm honored receptionist in the allocation of rooms in the hotel, as is the custom in many countries, and I would not give importance). So, before leaving, I read comments in which it is recommended to see which room you get, so if you are not satisfied, then complain and treat him. There is logic in this, but I decided I wanted to immediately accommodate, without the potential move. After all, it seems to me that the better way, because a lot of tourists in my group (over SUNLINE), got very bad rooms, (one lady, she asked for another, but theymoved several times, from bad to worse room) . It seems to me that her remarks were understood as extremely "rude," (Mrs. them not honored in the award room, saying: "vacationing at full price, I am not came herea last minute ..." Now, I honestly did not matter that I'd honored at the reception, what was important to me to not have paid, (at least for a short time in a foreign country). rooms are well equipped, with everything that is written in the catalog and in the comments on the sites, (for some things and more than a solid, separate bathroom with a toilet, marble slab in the bathroom where the sink is located, when large, then the usual stuff: fridge, terrace, air conditioning .. In fact, they haveeverything you need for a summer of content ). But this is far from 5 stars, especially in appearance. example inGreece. Room for such equipment, the question of whether it would be in a better 4-star hotel in Turkey, 3 star. So, what is was important to me, not related to questions such as a room, exaggerated fastidiousness in food and the like. It was important to have basic safety and hygiene, the hotel is on the beach and my child redemption, the staff friendly, in the sense that it can and will help at any time, as I have so many health quality items for children in terms of food ... big disappointment! Almost noneof those things we had!

SAFETY AND HYGIENE: Generally, attitude of staff at the (whole), the guests, quite literally, depends on the tip, (regardless of whether you are friendly / not friendly, you have justified / unjustified remarks, etc..). First, the hygiene is very poor level, as well as services (indeed working for the tip, but exaggerate the sense that await him at every 2, 3 days). Here's what we experienced (and other tourists in the group). One family from the group found a safe open (upon arrival, yet it was not even activated, and did not put money into it, and say that it was definitely close, considering that he tried out). In our room, I guarantee that after a few days of our stay a "tinkering" around the head (or the maid ... I know what I'm saying, I'm a lawyer by profession, working in jobs that have contact with the theft), that is by the way, with the code numbers in mind, that you choose. One day, just is not going to be opened (as if someone had previouslytried, and safe was broken, did not recognize the code). In the end we managed themselves after so many times (I lost half a day), to open it. Tip: in each case, (not to say that it happened to someone else, but you can often change the code. Then I am every other day changed my password, and I wrote in English, and hung on a piece of paper safe: DO NOT TOUCH, have cameras, (although the maids do not know wellEnglish, but CAMERA knew to read, I think we no longer opened boxes with a safe, and after that I was obviously avoiding, escaping each time you see me). thing that was important to me, (I do not claim , but I tried on), an domestic woman is my daughters repeatedly asked something, (the Tunisian, my child did not understand) when I saw it, on the playground, I moved closer to the woman andfled.'mnot saying anything, you might be embarrassed perhaps scared and we are party to it, but I would not any child without parents ask anything. Hygiene: Very, very bad! For myrselfI am not think that I'm someperfectlypure woman, it was funny, (not to mention stupid) when I read a review before the trip about the hotel, where a woman said she brought happiness toDomestos. (cleanser), sorryMrs.you were right!maid everyday "sorts out" room. But it refers to the cleaning, ( not very well), sanitary ware, possibly if something spills and changing towels. example, I was going crazy, goes to the maid takes care of the lunch room and pick up the towels, everything, and I'm a little kid just came every day to the beach for lunch and toget away from thestrongestsun in theroom. A in the room, I do not have a towel! Once asking for towels or removed until it put a new, or at least one that we leave to the child, or to replace them later, not during lunch, when we arrive at the hotel, or they can be changed every other day ... I bought him and explained. Tomorrow afternoon, at lunch, I found towels changed. however, I guess she thought that would bewanted tomake tips every day, and the next day, again took all the towels, leaving no one thought it was an accident, all picked up by habit, not changing them. Again, I was "running" in the halls (and arranges other rooms at lunchtime, see carts with bedding, towels, etc. . outside that room that takes care of). After the third day, the same situation, since then I took a passing herself clean towels and wore them in the room (every day, literally, I believe that anyone who has traveled the hadexperience to staff in good reception, you notice that somethingshould make an effort to meet this need you). Further, to get back to domestos! Honestly, tiles in the bathroom (especially on the walls, what is not washed every day in terms of sanitation ) were adhesive and polished, (of dirt). Stay in the fingertips and chairs(handles), in the yard for entertainment, not to mention sponges for loungers on the beach (the pool I've used maybe twice, so that I do not write). Sponges on the beach were extremely sticky and smelled very bad, to not say otherwise, (I did not smell them, but when you lie on your stomach, feel the smell of towels over). telling, I know that the categorization is not the same as in other countries, but these are the basic things you need to know where you're going. (certainly in other countries in a 5 star hotel, you will not findtorncarpet, mold between the tiles, truncated tiles in the bathroom, to the extent that something is not working and wait all day to fix it, anything that is toodirtyadheres, if you TV remote does not work, replace the battery, you wait all day ... To be clear, Idid notneedaTVthat point. I went I'm at the beach, but ifI sign upat front desk that TV remot not work, (probablybatteries ), so thay was saying that there will be late to replace them? Does the front desk, and there I was pacing, unable to immediately replace them)? In Tunisia, I did not go anywhere alone, (although my friend went to Mahdia from the hotel to the city itself and say she had no problem), on the other hand, I hear that women have different heckling ... (Well, it could have earlier in the CG happen). Than, in Tunisia, be prepared for constant moisture. things in cabinets will be regularly wet, (I was a child becauseof any particular fear. Though in Turkey in Agusta humidity).

LOCATION: The hotel is on the beach, the hotel goes the way of some 150-200 m. Not far away, but if you have a small child, you do not really ideal either. On the one hand it's a beautiful promenade, (due to the shade of the eaves and trees, all the way), but if you're going to leave the towels in the morning, to take place on the beach, and returned to breakfast on the beach again, and with beach for lunch, then back to the beach, from which we're in the hotel, it was too far (not much, but just so you know who has children or does not want an active vacation). The hotel is close to or above shopping centers (where there is nothing. Some souvenir andthat'sall). Port el Kantouiisa nice, small town, to whichyou cangetwith a cheaptaxi. Around,nospace towalk.So, whetheryou stay inthe hotel(on their animaiji), ortakea taxito town. havesome spacefor walking. So, whetheryou stay inthe hotel(on their a animation), ortakea taxito town.whitinexpensive taxis, so I advise you to walk around it.

STAFF: I told you already njihoova service depends on tipping, (the more frequent), it happens that the honor of one, it was two days in the restaurant and overly affectionate (do not ask), and the third day you do not notice it. However, what bothered me is the very rudeness of individuals (with the Arab position I do not care, they love to argue and so on.). For example. in the restaurant, a waiter to say no olive oil (for buffet), the waiter looked out the window at that point, in the middle of rush hour for lunch in a restaurant full of guests. He looked at me and turned around and continued to look out the window, I thought that I did not understand, and repeat his request, he reluctantly turned to go, after some time another waiter appears, hectic and furious, (I do not mean me, before on the course), wearing olive oil and apologizing to me. Even worse, a woman from the NS animators who asked the pool to give her a racket for table tennis, (they ask for it), I was there this scene, she got a flood of ugly words from a very nasty tone. Animator was angry, (boy), because women did not look at him in the eye when she asked for rackets. Now, I'm sure it's possible to ask the ugliest looking, he had to be polite to guests. He has no right to tell her rudely, pointing at his eyes with two fingers: "You look at me here when I talk!" (In English). Then, an even greater horror of this example is that it was a woman and another woman underwent surgery and was not true that he did not want to "look in his eyes," but the result of the operation cross-eyed! Now that's deplorable! Another thing I disgusting. What I was really going crazy, the women are third-rate beings in Tunisia. So if women are alone, without the company man, the last to be served, always in every way, except you do not give permanent jump, everyone tip. I was going crazy guy outrage at the restaurant on the beach, waiter visit all tables at which sat a man, no matter what you have a lot of work to come. Or an awful situation to me, I want to take my pancakes during the evening entertainment to my daughter and her friend from Serbia, which were located in the same hotel, (3 girls from 5 years). "Cookbook" spills over pancakes at the stove, two young men come, (after I did a lot), he asks them what they want with the pancakes and then make them first, and our three after their. I have a lot of em before they arrived, em as well as pancakes were for children (all three girls were standing next to me and waited and pancakes I thought, if I just let a woman with children out of order! And that I, a woman, thank God I am and always will)! I heard one of our men, (who has repeatedly been in Tunisia), that they were disappointed revolutions, the president sacked and the like. There is some truth in this, but I've worked with foreigners during the end, none of whom I was to blame for the situation in my country, the economic crisis, the political situation and the like.
Do not talk about things, the staff does not help those of them "trivial" things, like: you swallowed the phone booth in the hotel's money, and not so easily overlook it. work for the tip, and if it does not in any intervention date, it's hard to do our best. You've probably read in other critics and brochures agency, you can every day at lease clean towels (beach and pool), with a deposit. Right. To me it meant, because I had to wear three large towels from home! However, a major problem is the "little things" that could very easily from the hotel to rectify. A man who works in the towel rental starts working about 11, 12 am I thought it was terrible, because it meant that we should wait for him, (not to take children to the beach by that time, so I replaced the towels), or to go back to the beach and "vuglim" three large towels back to the hotel and return to the beach again? "Why? Was not able to start work of 10 hours. (And even 9 could), not to mention that you keep your towels on the beach chairs? This could correspond only to tourists who bathe in the pool. (I do not love him, but my kid a couple of times bathed in the pool because it has a slide Deci and fish from leaking water, etc.., But she did not give it a bath when the Arabs rushed, given that many women entered the fully trained their children into the water, a children's pool is not very big, so it did not seem to put it mildly, it's nice). So if you want to change the towels every day or if you are, or you have to get off the beach for example. a lunch and bring towels, which you used on the beach until then (and at the same time, to find your way to what you allow to preserve chairs), or not to go to the beach until noon (though there are more tourists, it is recommended to take the place in the morning). I thought it was stupid and ugly! I keep changing towels (only 3, 4 times for the whole summer), which is a good thing is not like the other seas (or is it up towels, laundry, etc.), but these towels are not "stiffen" and not avoided, (dirty), the salt (in other countries it happens after 3 days). I thought more might not be so salty, but the taste, I would say that it is similar salinity as in the other countries, so I'm still not clear how.
ANIMATION, CONTENT: In no kindness, (amazing what you're looking for, if you do not treat yourself right now, I'll wait and wait), insolence and other things, there were a couple of nice animation. Nothing special on the program.Similarly, as for example in hotels.3-star hotel in Turkey. The program is repeated, especially children's entertainment every night was the same, but well, they are beautiful, my daughter said, "Mom, it's like every day is someone's birthday!" In animation, you have all those items enumerated, ( If you find what you need, for example. female is looking for you for days rackets for table tennis, they did not get, so he gave up), I find it interesting, you can pay for riding ...

BEACH Beach, is sufficiently large, beautiful white sand (I enjoyed the kćerlkom to make sand castles). About hygiene do not know what to write. Aside from the extremely dirty mattresses on beds and dirty lešaljke ... sea grass that waves are often applied to the coast and the beach ... Now that's another jewel. One day, the sea would cause a lot of grass, the whole morning was a machine on the crowd gathered, one by one, they made a bunch. After this break of a few hours, that is then compiled again! So the whole day was supposed to be a few bunch of seaweed removed from the beach! In Hotel! I was especially annoyed setting up beach chairs. Need to get up early to assume loungers before breakfast. Well, it is in other hotels in GR, Turkey, Egypt and other countries, it's not a problem. It's disgusting to me is that these chairs were complex with each other, the other piles of mattresses also stacked one on another. So every morning to get to the beach, for example, wear and remove.2 or 3 chairs, which are not easy, especially for a woman and remove as many mattresses and wear them. I have not seen it anywhere, and I'm sure letovala twice the average tourist hotel. (Everywhere, just everywhere, the one who keeps the beach, hotel, city, or ..., sets and chairs removed). This hotel does not ask them to, but because they take refuge! And it is you believe it! It was impossible for me, but compared to what I was most bothered (jellyfish because of the child), that I was not so important. It should be okay to not horrible the way they have removed. For example. You may have read in other comments on that beach sun sets in 17 hours. How true, (I read it, but I thought that maybe it's not that, to exaggerate). Exactly at 17 h sun goes down and the man who works there, they agree chairs. Now, usually when the sun goes down is not for swimming, so I'm packing up the child and returned to the hotel to get ready for dinner. However, one day we were with friends who am returning to Serbia, the other on the beach. Exactly at 17 h man came and lifted us with chairs, mattresses picked up first, and then deck! Has anyone seen rise in hotel guests with 2, 3, 4, 5 stars? Outrageous! The horror!

MORE: What I was special horror. Primarily was important to me that my child redemption, to recharge my batteries all for the entire year, my child learn to swim, if he could ... To enjoy! None of that! Disaster! Now, before the trip, I read comments, I saw a jellyfish, but I thought it was similar to the CG. Or in some places in GR. Show up, they were a couple days (of the 13 days, we will probably have a child 8-10 days to bathe). Horror, every day were jellyfish! Not only was it the day after rain (imagine that, in Africa rained! Heard that happen in pustinij, but that is not very often). Getting back to the jellyfish. Surely you've read the man on the beach with a fat burnt spot to be rubbed with sand, tomatoes and the like. Ok, but it was in vain! A child of 5 years! Totally wrong place! Basically, some of the children were burned, (large, but not huge, red patches, crying on the beach, etc..). Pass after a few hours, but the horror! I was standing in the water at times when they said that they are not so much from them and forced the child. The horror! Some people say that only a few other threads (I burned a couple of times, middle sense), but the kids! Prior to departure, I asked the agency if there are jellyfish, (I asked several times, I guess they get bored with the question), they said that it now does, the change back, they did not ... In Tunisia, they told our people and Tunisians, to the whole of August was the clock, (U.S. and beginning of September). Then, in a sea of grass, almost constantly. Waves, almost all the time! My child is 4-year vacation in GR and 5-yr. for more in Tunisia says, "I will not go, this is a tsunami!" Definitely not for every child! Although I saw little kids that in periods when there were so many jellyfish (eg for a morning, but you never know when you encounter), Brcko on the waves. These waves cause the said seaweed, which is located beside the beach and in the sea water. More, (water color, etc.). Is generally the way, nicer than many places in Turkey (type Kusadasi, Marmaris, Icmeler, but you also have Oludeniz Turkey, Kemer, which is much nicer). About GR, Egypt and some exotic places, not to talk. In beauty, it can not be compared. Not even close, eg GR! I especially was a strange steady wind. A man who loves our Tunis, has repeatedly been in it (do not know if and how much was in other countries, from the conversation I said, not too much), says that the Port's beautiful there so. "Blows the wind ..." The wind was steady. The only good thing about this is that your child plays kite on the beach, (sellers everywhere and I was ugly, non-stop passing vendors, jewelry, fruit ... and at this 5-star hotel, where most of the guests ALL , masseurs, knitting, braids, etc..). Maybe someone likes it, I did not bother much, but we were annoyed and disliked me so much why do not they let them go. Would you believe that the majority of black people with such vendors. Jamaica, the Chinese masseurs etc..).

FOOD: Basically you have described, but I would have cut a lot of good impression. I'm not unhappy with the food, God forbid, for each there is something, you should all try it, I personally like, and I'm sorry that things are not exotic), but it is far from the fantastic (GR last year, I was on vacation in the hotel 4 star and was min. times better and more varied). What we should be proud of the Tunisian fruit. Awesome! Sweet and all the tastiest in the world! I have never seen such a fruit dishes! Since most foods have all what it says, but a lot of things just one time per shift. Also, I have been especially their delicious jams, (as well as the fruit, the tastiest in the world), my daughter loved pancakes (small, to the point where you have to bake some chocolate spreads), I took a pancake with nothing and went to shelves of jams and anointed them with them. What I was great is that every morning you have freshly squeezed orange, (before you squeeze it), it's for my kid was great, considering that unfortunately did not have drinks in the hotel, (in ALL soft drinks were diluted or they . I even wondered if they had some juice to special pay, or did not have or did not understand me. Basically, I have not seen someone else to drink).
The food was basically a good, enough choice, but for example, you have two kinds of soup for lunch, and sometimes a couple of times to both soups are angry that day, (child you can not eat the soup). Try cous, cous, and other Arab cuisine, all should try. I am sorry that the more traditional dishes were gone. Cakes solid, (I letovala in hotels with fewer stars and more choice). Solid, is that they made the same way as one lady said in an earlier critique (the same crust, custard second), but there are delicious things. Menu was especially interesting and tasty the cake, which we call internally asks dry, (dry bark, but when you are eating, even a bit dry, preukusan), top with a variety of fruit, chocolate or other toppings. Phenomenal! Basically the other passengers gave a pretty good description. Great for kids! (Ice cream not eaten since made with tap water, and you probably know that it is better to buy bottled water, although some girls saw our drinks with ice cubes, which is also made with vodomiz tap and nothing they say no. I did not and I would not risk a. everywhere They ask you, do you want a drink with ice or without)!
Be sure to try the specialty food dinners (Italian, Moroccan, fish ...). You have to just apply to the buffet restaurant, (my advice is to sign up at the beginning of summer, because of being busy and to sign up for all dinners). As one tourist said in earlier criticism, you can always return to buffet if you are not satisfied. (I know some of our people who were at one of the dinner unhappy return to the buffet and after dinner, they apparently did not like it nišra have one dish, one dessert and so on. Buffet for more choice, better food, etc.). . I'll never understand, I honestly was fantastic. Wonderful change! Elegant atmosphere, polite waiters (their English is weaker than the waiter for a buffet, but they do not even talk to tourists, only serve, not by the selected, not ordered, but they are smiling, extremely polite with a good night and a pleasant, the franc. Either Eng.). There is a nicer decoration, beautiful tables and lounge,,, Dishes are changing one for appetizer, main course and a cake for dessert (not as a bunch of cakes for a buffet). Me personally, dinners were fantastic, Moroccan tastiest in the world, the change is for one dish, but very tasty, served in a beautiful setting. For example. had a cake, a chocolate tartlet, the mixed dough and filling, very tasty and now I regret that I do not know the recipe or at least the name of the cake, (the waiter did not understand anything).
I need to write for the restaurant on the beach. Useful, for example, you can. there, take a bottle of water for the beach not to drag the 200 meters from the hotel. You can take your coffee on the deck or drink. Now, you have a drink that is served in pkviru ALL, pizza, spaghetti, cakes and fruit, (a couple of cakes and a few fruits). Uh, what can I say. First, because of the water and coffee restaurant on the beach is worth a lot. As for meals, three times I ate there for the child to use at the end of a period when there were fewer jellyfish, not to go to the hotel. Assumes that change is good. But whatever you order a pizza, get this, (you have a choice of 4 types). We ordered 4 seasons, did not get one either, not at all nice pizza, did not look like anything on. But well, much of it that we were hungry, and they had a say, a few types of fruit which is tastiest in the world, according to some delicious cake.
OTHER: We have been in the period when they are finished holiday (Eid al Adha, cease to fast in every possible way, Europeans are not normally used during the holidays to come to Tunisia, mostly finished when the Serbs were, smarter than us), so a large number of Tunisian and Arab tourists "gathered together" in the hotel. (These are generally wealthier Arabs). However, be prepared to watch women covered completely (so swim in the pool, in the sea, jellyfish least they can not do anything). I personally do not mind, but I would not bathe in the pool with people swimming in clothes. In addition (for me), lack of culture during the meal, the tables, the menu was ugly few details. One girl (some 12, 13 years.), Took one at a cake with pvedskog table, offering up the nose, mouth, smell and returned it to the tray! Nobody warned! I my child of 5 years, I would not let him. Such details are plenty. Not guilty to all Tunisians. Once our married couple with a small child, is missing two chairs with towels, that the man left before breakfast to take place on the beach, went to breakfast, he returned to the beach and beach chairs were there with a towel, two are missing. Now, no one knew what had happened, lost his deposit, he gave a new and took the other two towels. After a few days, they repeated the same thing, they believe, is not about the people who lied to (his wife is a doctor, he is an engineer, not people who are traveling on the contrary). After that, (again remained without a deposit), he once told our man, (he was not in our group), and the man told him, "Oh, and this happened to me, I immediately grab the other two chairs apart and put them on your deck! "This is how Brook. Says the man is someone that cares like me? And why should I lie on the towel that someone else has used it?
• SUNLINE: Agency did not personally satisfied, (it turns out that I'm not satisfied with anything). On the other hand, a friend of mine a year earlier letovala with a small child in Mahdia and was very happy. He says there was never a jellyfish, that they had never heard / read that he was in Mahdia, that her agency advised the Mahdi, for which we are grateful, and so on. More in Mahdia is much nicer than in Porto (not nearly as in GR, but better color, still, no waves and grass above, with no jellyfish), and it is for a small child was important. I am in the selection and immediately before the trip, I asked all of this, (she is the most important thing to me more, I have a small child, etc..), And many times, by many workers in the agency we were told they were probably in late August and September will be, (nobody guarantees, but jellyfish occur when the greatest heat, etc..). After all, if you stay for 13 days, such as jellyfish. day or two ...! And they were every day! In addition to the day after the rain. Also, I was told that it would be a shame to "miss" this hotel, the Mahdi tiny little place, so beautiful Port. That's true, but I did not care, (I followed because I needed the security of a child's first time on a different continent and in the company of women). Completely wrong recommendations. On the other hand, my friend was on vacation in 3-star hotel, in Mahdia, say, solid hotel, (I believe her when she says that it is clear, I may be wrong, but still), and I saw the images of the camera and the sea, the hotel and evening animation, which were for children and adults. Small, interesting plays. More looks much better than in Porto, calm (no waves, clean, children can swim, brighter colors), modest hotel, but said he had everything you need, (even OC), the food is very good. Then, what I (and other passengers), I think it is a big mistake, it is an organization returning to Serbia. Terribly poor organization by the agency to return! (For this, I and the other passengers, I wanted to sue them). On the ground floor, where the reception, you have the room in which the agency bulletin boards, among others SUNLINE there "mess" with this notice. A few days before returning the notice that hung from my group of travelers departing from the hotel sometime after lunch (if any at 13.30 and 14.30 h). This notice has been standing for two days at the hotel. We calculated that the day before we have time to, when we get back from the beach, ready for dinner, with a little child, the children's animation, pack up, and part of the day tomorrow. I still have something left, and Tunisian dinars that I thought to spend some souvenirs as a bonus, since their money are not allowed to exit the country (and I do not need). Believing that back tomorrow, after lunch, we returned to the beach later that we could (considering the sunset and "packaging" of sun loungers by the hotel staff). In the room, in the hallway (probably placed under the door, and threw the maid), on the floor, there was an envelope labeled El Mouradi Palace, (I still think that we want a hotel safe trip)? The letter was a notification of SUNLINE, that return the next day with departure at 5.30 pm! Now, change is happening, something unexpected can always happen, (they probably came up to have so many seats on the plane. A El Mouradi Palace was the most accommodating tourists from the agency, a full two large buses). I know very well and that agenija cordoned off, (in terms of travel): "The tour is not responsible in case of any changes regarding flight by the airline or flight cancellation, since the flight times are subject to change please travelers to exact timetable test 24 hours prior to departure. "Now, if something came up, is this so??? On the way to Tunis traveler can get information about the departure, when the notice by the agency stood at suspended, all the passengers were talking about the return of a tour guide, return to the days gone, no voice. In addition, if an unforeseen change, the day before I return, the child was in the room after lunch, no notice was issued! I found it only when I returned after 17 h from the beach, and should start at 5.30 pm, the next day? Is it 24 hours? And something else very important. In the hotel there is a variety of travelers, couples without children, younger and older ... Do you have to make a choice so early to pick up the 5-year old child? My child was the only child in the group that went before! Surely, even the others did not feel comfortable, I say, we were informed after 17 h, and departure was at 6.30 am the next day, then, was not met in the provision of General conditions of travel, and "... Clients are required to familiarize themselves with the General Terms Sunline Travel Agency, and that his signature on the application - give consent crackdown ¬ opportunity with it. agenije this tourist! "Do you know what that means? A small child, he quickly bathe, wash your hair with salt, dinner, wanted to say goodbye to my friends, (I promised her last night and we're going to play, and some other little things), pack helter / drift, only to forget something. Well minutiae type, that I took a towel and returned the deposit left by three towels. I ran to the pool, if you can get them back, (there is a worker who rents them). No workers, no longer works, (as usual, in contrast to all other countries, in Tunisia, it is not all about the guest). They told me to go to the bank, (next to the reception, they will return the money to me), the bank is closed (I did not see anywhere to close something, a customer, a client comes to you at this time and before the closing, a few minutes and you do not take 5-10 minutes. something to finish)? In the tourist season? Send me the reecepciju, (there are looking to get another worker when it comes to some 2 hours. Do not know why they could not. Course after I arrived, we went back dinars, and was supposed to spend it, and what will be left of dinars . I thought someone leave dinars and, as a tip, but honestly, no one has challenged the amount of "kindness" in the end. (Note: you can replace the dinar at the airport). therefore clear to me is that unexpected things happen, but if it's done? Was supposed worker (travel guide), do everything you can find, as it can more tourists before? did not notice that the left under the door, so when you return to the room who? For me, it's arrogance., but if something came up, why the Guide should not come to the beach? She is to inform all of us that there was a change, (all of which has been pushed back departure, they were out of this, the same hotel, on the what is my child of 5 years. was the only child among tourists who moved back)! Said, (when I asked), she did not know whether all on the beach! Nonsense! course you did not know, when there was no was! And they were! was the last day. Besides that they were not able to find the one that is checked, it could have multiple messages in different places to leave.'s not even try! Rights stupidity and arrogance, do not know if it's someone wrong, I know that all the tourists were angry and bitter, but given the experiences described (and others have had the same or similar), it was not so important. Luckily there at early breakfast, and I was able to child to take before leaving for breakfast, (just imagine how inhumane it is so early blow up)? Coming at us, tourism officials, the angry comments of guests, answered with a very nasty attitude, (someone has to, she does not ask, does not determine It's timetable, etc..). accurate, but is it supposed to do that on a much more civilized way to us all (or as many of us if not all) find it earlier? Well I have a way to tell? message under the door , late in the afternoon? Well then, when she addressed objections, at least she said: "Sorry, we could not otherwise because of this and that ..." No, Miss, or Mrs., took listed (probably defensive) stance.
CONCLUSION: I hope I have helped someone. I will never say that I would not have gone to Tunisia, because I sure did not see or meet Tunisia nearly as well as it should. There are beautiful places and trips, but I'm a mother and a small child, I did not dare to explore that. Safe and the people and the culture has a handful of good, valuable things. Also, I would never go where I heard about the jellyfish, or they can go to the hotel, not much more testing. ('s Amazing to me that the reviews were so positive, it is a huge hotel, is a diversified food, but I raznovsnija and prettier in Turkey, for example. Similar for the money, with one, two star or less. But it is in the upper range of this Hotel. (People think: "Wow, the 5, * and such. Greece or Turkey, for the money you would have 3 *! True, but the hotel better than this, and the sea can not be compared). Likewise, certain I was in Tunisia, there are much better places, and that the hotel could be much better. (Subject to hotel management and works completely differently to all of this completely differently organized). Anyway, big mistake and agencies SUNLINE : if you say (several times), it is more essential to you, you have a small child (some details which you were previously impossible to decide and you do not have time to check), looking for advice on the issue of workers who would have be more professional! ... And they'll recommend a hotel with all these shortcomings. Besides, ask them for jellyfish and the Mahdi, and agencciji you say it should not be by the end of the summer, not to lose "this" hotel for for "slightly" more beautiful sea, I know that no one can know when the jellyfish are discriminating in Greece has them. changed is, (which is clear and warm sea), and no one has ever seen. And there are places where Jellyfish are "regular occurrence" Always in July and August, even early September! Do not talk that does not have to "take on the appearance of jellyfish 2.3" Moreover, as I saw more in Mahdia is more than slightly better, with a little child, (and for me). jellyfish No, no waves! A hotel has been written. believe another hotel although not as "great" I'm sure from what I have heard, seen and read, it's not much worse, and I think even at these things and much better. everything this woman says that manages very complex activities and the relatively large number of subordinates, a woman and a lot of private and business travel, (for me it will always be a little much for others ), a woman who used to try new things and to see and learn about various other cultures. college graduate, who speaks fluent language and 2 in a couple conversed, (my French is very mean in Tunisia). Believe me, those tourists ( which was moved back), there were many educated people from it, even some more traveling from Miss / Mrs. (I know for sure it was my colleague, a lawyer, do not know if it is sued, or is passed as me , a doctor, etc.). Likewise, if I had never been in Tunisia, I was drtugim African countries and in all the other continents (except Australia). Not to mention that I have worked with all strangers to the previous 15-year tenure . I even lived for a time abroad (after I finished graduate studies at Columbia University). Indeed, the basic decency, no one deserves such treatment.
I do not wish to criticize anyone for criticism, the goal is that people who want to travel there, be familiar with this, so if you choose this destination and this hotel is fine, your choice, when you know all this, it is quite different .Even the worth of changes. And I sincerely hope a different experience (I know that there were any). I know I'm going to add another 50 euros more time and I will select a different destination (That summer we had some commitments at the last minute we decided, and then it was sold out everything I wanted). If I ever return to Tunisia, that would be, or to visit those sites, which unfortunately I did not. And when the sea is concerned, the only place with a beautiful sea of the question, the number of stars to me is not important, but it must be proven good hotel. I apologize for the length, (to use well-known, well-worn quote: I have not had time to write a brief. Till the end of the text is the one who came to be).
Take intoaccount allthe reviews, both positive and negative, ask what has changed, we need to knowwhatyou want(for example,ifthechild is notbothered bythe waves, the people who have beenin Junein Tunisia, said thatthere were nojellyfish). Also, beaware of theonslaught of"their" tourists, at a time whentheyare notholidays(if youswimand howbotheredwith fully trainedwomen andeverythingdescribed above). Well you decide!

13  Thank Andjelija K
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The beach is sandy and very beautiful, there are lot of things to do parachute flying, jet ski etc. See is lovely blue color, we have enjoyed I was positively surprised with it, no grass, no jellyfishes, it can be blurry because it's windy. Wind is enjoyable on the heat. We had great trip to Sahara - must go :)
Food was good, garden is very beautiful. Hotel is in nice area 20 min to the center, nice walk, and it's surrounded with shopping malls. Overall nice experience except the Hotel was not so clean nether new, so for this part 3 stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vesnakkg
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff in the Hotel were helpful and friendly, lovely reception area and beautiful food. The Hotel was a bit run down, needs new carpets and the decor was a bit shabby!
Our first visit to Tunisia....be warned the Arabic men are very demanding for tips - even if they hold a door open for you and do NOT go with anyone into Town, very bad experience , forcing you to buy rugs (not cheap) and very hard to get away !
Nice bars and swimming pool at the Hotel , just a 2min walk from the beach. Nice holiday overall and country just be careful and do not get talked into going anywhere (other than organised group excursions)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sophjp89
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Me and my wife have visited the hotel as a part of our honeymoon-trip. The hotel has 5* but by African standards. It is not even close to European hotels. However, we had one of the best vacations ever. Private beach, lovely pool, free towels and deckchairs, a lot of entertainment amenities. There are a mini golf course, darts, tennis courts, football (soccer) fields, archery, and lots more. Great food (colorful and exotic)... A lot of food.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms at the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janez D
Reviewed December 25, 2013

First thing that you notice in hotel is that it was built to impress but long time ago. Maybe it was a 5 star than but now it can be maximum 4 star (More like 3 or 3,5). Foyer is large but you can see that it is old and relatively poorly maintained. Carpets (rooms and hallways) are wall to wall and look like they are only mopped. Of course they change bed sheaths a towels every day (they take them in the morning and return clean ones in the late afternoon - so you are basically without towels during the day ). Rooms looked clean(ish) [except for those carpets and little rust in bathroom]

Friendly staff but friendlies will wear off if you "forget" to tip them for few days - as someone previously wrote exception to this was staff from pizza restaurant - tips did't make them politer :)
If you don't tip - pool boys will never carry mattress to sunbeds. (No matter if you are child or elderly person)
Also, during evening entertainment you must tip a waiter if you want to get a drink. (There is not enough ashtrays for smokers - not to defend smoking but if you provide some services just try to be consistent)

Someone will say that some food/dishes are great and I will agree with that. (Morning "egg station" is a must!:) ) But I like some diversity for my meals.
By this I mean: Every meat course tasted the same (same spice used and you almost could not recognize the meat flavor). Also,same salad dressing for all salads, If you taste one cake you've tasted 98% of them (Just a different topping). Fruit table was great and I would give it a 6 star rating! Pizza in pizza bar was ... I would't call it a pizza it is just something edible.
To cap it all (regarding food) you will not go hungry but it is faaaar below 5 star hotel.

The best thing was children entertainment. During the day they had water polo, mini golf, darts... and in the evening they had mini disco. My children were too small (3 years and 6 months) to engage in these activities but nevertheless animation team took them around. I was very satisfied with their devotion to children (without any tip) so I was sure to award them our last night there.

For adults, hmm, not to offend anyone...it was not our cup of tea.

But, MOST important thing for us is the sea. I mean, that is the main reason we went there. The beach is nice, fine sand, free sunbeds but it was windy and cold (don't forget that we were there in July!?) Also there was some garbage that were floating around. Also, there were some jellyfish for couple days. So, overall sea was very disappointing. I've noticed that lot of people don't care for this since they like to stay near pool area (as much as I try to understand this - it escapes me)

P.S. Our daughter got some kind of ear infection and I was very annoyed with hotel staff since doctor was not able to come until 9 PM (I asked for doctor around 8 AM the same day and they sent me to some masseur guy that looked like a baker and almost didn't understand any English - guy kept showing me some cream for mosquito bites trying to rub it on my daughter face) But in the evening were visited by proper doctor who then called a pediatrician to come also and after exam THEY went and bought medicine that we needed. Also, they did checkups during next 2 days.

As I said in title "I came, I saw, I lived" - it was Ok but if I never go back I would't think about it twice.

5  Thank Vladimir32
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was second in this hotel and it was worst than first time.

The hotel has 5 Arabic stars, not Europe. It was a little bit dirty, but they are cleaning all the time.

Hotel is big, with big reception.

Staff is friendly.

Outside it has one pool for children and one normal pool is nice and they have new wooden lounge chairs and also plastic chairs.

Hotel is 3min away from the sea. At evenings there was wind, so you can not be there.

We stay in ground floor room under the room where we were the first time. And this room was not so nice. There were doors to the second room, which were unlocked, so we leaned counter for luggage on doors. Room has a balcony and the fence was so low, that you can go to your neighbor’s balcony.

I will give it 3,5 stars.

3  Thank popotnik2017
#8 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
El Mouradi Club Selima
El Mouradi Club Selima
#18 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to El Mouradi Palace? Share your experiences!