Where to start ! Had to wait about 2 hours for our room to be ready- on opening the door the smell of stale smoke hit you. Our room was VERY dated and tired - the wall attachment for the shower over the bath was ripped off the wall and lying in the bath ( a call to reception did result in it being repaired tho') The fridge did not work either. During the 7 days my friend and I stayed here we only ever had tepid water for showering , sometimes even cold !!
We were only half board ( thankfully !! ) the dining room is totally chaotic with hundreds of people at each meal. The tables (when you get one !!) are carelessly set and the waiters very uninterested in the guests. The food is horrible - plenty of choice tho' if you want to eat it !!( as a lot of the all inclusive guests seemed to think they must eat as much as possible as they had paid for it !!!) The cakes and deserts are good tho' - the manners of some of the guests are unbelievable - while waiting in the queue for a slice of a fruit tart the "lady" in front of me scraped all the fruit off the entire tart onto her plate and left the tart bare !!!!!
We only had one evening meal ( the first night ) in the restaurant and it wasn't a pleasant experience.We went down to a couple of restaurants in Port El Kantaoui for the rest of the week and had some lovely seabass and it was very reasonably priced too. (see Trip Advisor -no .1 rated restaurant in the port)
This hotel is at best 2-3 * so don't expect more. If you are used to UK standards you are in for a shock !! However the rooms were kept clean and the towels and bed linen changed every day.
The pool area is also quite pleasant although quite crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Palace is located in the heart of the resort of Port El Kantaoui, alongside a superb beach and facing a 36-hole golf course while the town of Sousse is 10 kilometres away. Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport is 35 kilometers away, the resort of Yasmine Hammamet 70 kilometres away and Tunis-Carthage international airport 140 kilometres away. The hotel has 452 double rooms, 40 triple rooms, 8 quadruple rooms, 4 junior suites, 10 suites and 1 presidential suite. All rooms are air conditioned, have a terrace or balcony and full bathroom with separate toilet, direct-dial telephone, satellite TV, hair dryer, mini bar and safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your El Mouradi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palace Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Port Kantaoui