The hotel is certainly worth a visit, especially for the golf fraternity , with a PGS course just across the road. Wjilst checking this hotel out on Trip Advisor, some complained about the carpets and decpor. But in reality the is is just a sign of age and constant use as this hotel is really popular. However, the staff were very friendly and efficient and rooms and all areas of the hotel were spotless at all times.
The food was certainly more than acceptablein the main resturaunt , but dont bother booking for the specialist resruraunt as it would seem to be the same food as the main one with staff decked out in Tunisian garb.
The bar staff are very friendly and although it is oonly local beers and spirits for all inclusive packages, they are drinkable.
The recent political problems in the Middle East may have kicked off in Tunisia with the Velvet Revolution , but despite the relatrive calm of the country, the tourism ecomommy has and still is suffering badly. Which is a great pity as the area is very safe.
The pool area and beach are ideal for both couples and families. The only I would give are tip early in your stay as staff remember you and if you pay for a towel depost, get it back the day before you leave as the pool staff all claim that their boss is not around to give you your money back. Very convenient when you are on an early or mid-morning departure. Also a nice little earbner for the pool boys.
If you do want to eat outside the Hotel, a 20 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride to the nearby Port El Kantoui will provide a host of harbourside eateries and plenty of market stalls to buy your holiday trinkets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Palace is located in the heart of the resort of Port El Kantaoui, alongside a superb beach and facing a 36-hole golf course while the town of Sousse is 10 kilometres away. Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport is 35 kilometers away, the resort of Yasmine Hammamet 70 kilometres away and Tunis-Carthage international airport 140 kilometres away. The hotel has 452 double rooms, 40 triple rooms, 8 quadruple rooms, 4 junior suites, 10 suites and 1 presidential suite. All rooms are air conditioned, have a terrace or balcony and full bathroom with separate toilet, direct-dial telephone, satellite TV, hair dryer, mini bar and safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Mouradi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palace Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Port Kantaoui