“Loved it :)”

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
Belgrade, Serbia
“Loved it :)”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

El Mouradi Palace is a little bit old, but still very nice and pleasant hotel, with a beautiful surroundings, especially the way to the beach...
Rooms are big, comfort, so clean! Maids are so discreet. Every day we left few TD on our pillows, and our room was cleaned perfectly. Sheets changed every day, naturally, it's a 5* hotel...
Food was fantastic, we had HB, and that was really tasty breakfast, and great dinner. Restaurant is big, clean, with so many sorts of food, fruits, desserts, drinks, and everything was really good and arranged very interesting.
The beach was nice, clean, plenty of sunbeds... Lovely sea...
In the evening, after dinner, we enjoyed in music and dance, the animation team was really nice and funny. For my kids especially :).
We will go there again, one day. We enjoyed our stay. We got what we expected.

Room Tip: best view- to the sea or to the garden, like ours
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Jelena1902

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Just got back from our best family holiday yet - we read very mixed reviews about this hotel before we left but we've been to Tunisia before and don't expect standards to be the same as in the UK. A few broken tiles or the odd mark on the carpet will not spoil our fun - we had a huge room with a seperate area for our two boys (two and four) and a safe balcony overlooking the pool. Everything was very clean and the daily maid service with fresh towels etc was great. The food was outstanding and we looked forward to every meal time - we were all inclusive and couldn't have wanted anything more. We did not have to tip anyone throughout the two weeks and received good friendly service - we gave the waiters something at the end - we are tight yorkshire folk so don't do this lightly - because they we really understanding and always helpful with our two young fussy eaters. We would definately think about going back - ignore all the bad reviews, some people go on holiday looking for faults.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank louiserayco
cantebury
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a truly bad hotel. The massive upsurge in middle east holidays the past 15 or so years can be partly explained by the dubai effect whereby quality and guest comfort was paramount. 5 star really does mean 5 star in dubai , oman, and most places marketing themselves in this manner such as egypt and morrocco. The guys at el mouradi have obviously been living in a bubble. If the standards which they subject their guests to are the norm in tunisia then its no wonder the local populace are trying to escape on rafts to europe. Bloody awful hotel. I kind of feel sorry for the staff. There are obviously issues going on with the management. The place is just so run down and stale, like the staff. Honestly, save your money and go to some 2 or 3 star hotel in a different country. It would be no worse than this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank bloomy1

Travelers are raving about these Port El Kantaoui hotels

London
Reviewed August 1, 2011

That is the first thing to remember, this is Africa! This hotel was lovely with the most friendly staff. One of the pools was out of order but with a nip in the air, my husband, 6 year old son and I swam mostly in the lovely heated indoor pool as did most other guests. Everyone was friendly and well behaved and we made friends. The food was varied and delicious. There was something to suit everyone and a generous supply of snacks and drinks (proper coke, fanta etc...) all through the day. The beach was relatively clean, no litter, just seaweed and camel poo! The Hammamet area is very touristy so take the time like we did to go to Tunis, Sidi Bu Said and other nearby areas for a taste of authentic Tunisia. And before I forget, it rained very heavily one night and I awoke in a pool of water in my bed! Of course we got our room changed and the experience was not pleasant but hardly the end of the world. In all, we had a great time together as a family and would always have fond memories of Hammamet.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank Aug20th
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Since I was a 25 year old woman travelling alone I was scared. More so after reading reviews here. All I can say that some people complain about every single detail. If you're one of them, then you shouldn't travel at all!Here are some facts:

1. This is not a 5* hotel by European standards, it's more like 4*, but by Tunisian standards it is 5*. And lets be honest, staying there doesn't cost for a 5* hotel. I know I spent very little for an all inclusive week.

2.Out of someone who worked in most of the El Mouradi hotels, this is the best one.

3. Tunisians in general compared to other nations are slow in response and don't react on threats and insults. Maybe it has something to do with the heat there. If you don't want any kind of problems, be nice, say ˝Please˝ and ˝Thank you˝, say ˝Hello˝ and ˝ Goodbye˝ and everyone will treat you kindly.

4. Staff there is being mistreated badly!I've seen some bad examples myself, mostly from (sorry but I have to point it out!) Russians. The average monthly salary for someone who works in that hotel is around 200€, with 1-2 days off per month! So those things combined gives you some unhappy employees.

5. During my stay there I didn't have a single problem, my room was great and even though I was single, they gave me a large room for 2, AC worked great, also the fridge, everyday clean sheets and towels etc. Things can get broken, true, but that can happen in every hotel.

6. As for other things, like all inclusive, buying drinks, having to pay for gym....these little details depend on the agency you're travelling with, more specific - how well they inform you. I knew all those things before I arrived there so I had no problem. If some things are hidden from you and you find out the bad way, then someone didn't inform you well enough and it's either your fault or the agencies.

7. Regarding the fact that I was single traveller and a woman, safety was my concern. Have to point out that I was never molested, always treated with respect, more from these men than the one in my own country. Also no petty theft!

Port El Kantaoui is a lovely town with, as said before, a nice marina, but also with a fantastic amusement park just opposite of marina.
I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Carollllina
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a weeks all inclusive holiday in this hotel. I thought the hotel was lovely, clean, well organised and the all inclusive food available was nicely varied from day to day. Unfortunately I believe this was ruined by the incredibly rude and confrontational staff.
All of the tourists who arrived at the resort at the same time as ourselves were strongly encouraged to give tips to waiters and bar staff after every meal if we wanted to receive the best service. I found this ludicrous as we had all paid for all inclusive, which is providing the staff with jobs, and for which everyone should receive equal service, no matter if they are tipping or not. What we should have been told is that we would have received appalling service if we didn't tip after every meal and drink, which we were unable to do as we had no change for the first day as the Tunisian Dinar is a closed currency.
There were numerous instances of this behaviour, but the most pathetic and insulting was when we asked for drinks at the all inclusive bar. The barman indiscreetly called his colleagues over and they proceeded to stare at us, looking at us up and down as if we were not there, talking in Arabic and laughing. I was also confronted later in the week for ordering four drinks for two people (at an all inclusive)...ridiculous!
Basically, if you intend on having meals in the all inclusive restaurants and drinking in the bar, go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank colonelkp
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Flights and transfers all fine. Hotel check in a bit long but they kept the resturant open for us so we were all fed and watered.
Rooms clean and cleaned daily. staff polite and friendly. Resturant was good and always something nice to eat piping hot and lots to choose from. A small tip ensures good service for the whole week, dont be tight if you earnt what they earn then you are going to give better service to those who tip if your cheap then expect a cheap service - its your choice and your fault if you have to wait for a drink or to be seated where as for 50p a day in tips our table was always ready and with out favorite drinks waiting for us :o)
Entertainment as with all is slightly butlins for my taste but fun.
On the last night we were watching the entertainment when i got biten and scratched by a cat made worse by the fact in allergic to them. Went to reception to see if i could get it cleaned and looked at and before i knew it i was off to hospital with the management of the hotel having rabies jabs at no cost or expense to myself, i wasnt fused and was happy to go home without having it looked at but they were most insistant and took great care of me - awesome service and i thank you guys from the bottom of my heart. None of us know if that cat had rabies but without their prompt actions and insistance i may now be dead I KID YOU NOT. When back in england my doctors had to seek approval to continue the 3 MONTHS of vaccinations - 22 injections i had in total. Amazing hotel and i'd love to go back just to say a huge thanks.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
#3 of 35 in Sousse
Iberostar Diar El Andalous
Iberostar Diar El Andalous
#2 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to El Mouradi Palace? Share your experiences!