After staying at El Mouradi Palace 9 times over the last 3 years I will definately be going back again and again. El Mouradi Palace may not be the most up to date or modern hotel in the area, but its certainly got plenty of charm and character and the staff are lovely genuine people. With regards to previous rude and unhelpful comments made by other visitors-I would like to make a few comments of my own.
1.) A refurbishment had been planned and a couple of rooms on the 1st floor of the hotel were started, but however due to the Yasmine revolution on the 14th January 2011, this work has been postponed.
2.) Staff at the hotel may seem a little unhappy,( but they are not rude )but this is purely down to the fact that there jobs are not secure and they are worried about money/families. After the Revolution Tourists have not returned back to Tunisia in their previous high numbers and alot of staff are been laid off without pay and do not know when they will be asked to return.
3.) The hotel can normally hold 1000 visitors, at the moment there is less than half that number staying, because people are worried about anymore protests. (EVERYTHING IS SETTLED ACORDING TO FCO WEBSITE) So it would be the best time to take advantage of everything the hotel and area has to offer. The beaches, Marina, shops, restaurants are also not jam packed either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Palace is located in the heart of the resort of Port El Kantaoui, alongside a superb beach and facing a 36-hole golf course while the town of Sousse is 10 kilometres away. Monastir's Habib Bourguiba airport is 35 kilometers away, the resort of Yasmine Hammamet 70 kilometres away and Tunis-Carthage international airport 140 kilometres away. The hotel has 452 double rooms, 40 triple rooms, 8 quadruple rooms, 4 junior suites, 10 suites and 1 presidential suite. All rooms are air conditioned, have a terrace or balcony and full bathroom with separate toilet, direct-dial telephone, satellite TV, hair dryer, mini bar and safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Mouradi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Palace Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- El Mouradi Palace Port Kantaoui