My 4th time in Tunisia, 3 in business, first in holydays with my wife. The plain was delayed 3hours in Lisbon, so we arrived at almost 2 am ; not even a sandwich, or a toast available.....no comments....
I chose it, because of the personal references given by friends, as well as, by global scores on Trypadvisor and similars.
In brief was a good choice regarding what we paid for a 7 days package all included (1.200€), but...:
1. Standard room photo SEABEL advertises is fake...(perhaps is the photo of the superior room, but not worthwhile for an extra of 400€)
2. Our stay was on the first week of May, and maintenance people were preparing the resort for summer (?) since we noticed that the grass was still to be arranged, the bar/restaurant on the beach was being painted, indoors lakes being cleaned, etc.
3. Dont count on free wifi outside the reception area, as advertised ; even worse, I had to have dinner asap in order to be the among the first ones to arrive to this area, if not, really dificult to get a connection...
4. Food not at a 4 star level, that´s for sure ; it really didn´t bother us, since we´re on diet, but is not acceptable not to have fish (only on our last day), or decent meat (only hamburguers and some tunisian sausages...)
Despite all the above, and since we live on the south of Portugal where there is more than 400 Hotels, with lovely beaches (so a good comparison level), we had a really good vacations, and I think it´s a "waste", since the location of the resort is really good (and if you want to visit local nearby markets like Sousse you can take a taxy and pay 8€..., or rent a car per 35€ per day, like we did, and visit Tunes), friendly staff (but few professional - reception people an exception..), spreaded over 3 acres nearby the beach, 12 tenis courses, 1 golf course, 3 pools (one of them, really good and located almost on the beach), and could be a really 4 star one, even 4 star superior....
PS: If you leave the resort, hide your "hotel bracelet" (all the shop owners will look for it to evaluate you...), be prepared to discuss every price on everything, but, in general, tunisian people are friendly. Just respect them.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf And Spa