Me and a girly friend stayed in a studio apartment at the end of October (2012.)
Lovely little apartment with balcony overlooking the beach, and right next to the marina. Cute little apartment which was clean, had local character/style. Bathroom had a bath and shower was hot and powerful. Beds were firm and bedding all clean. We’re not talking a 5 star apartment here so of course there was rust and general wear and tear on the apartment.
Within 1 minute of beach, Marina, restaurant and shops. Within 5 minutes of a supermarket, reception, more restaurants, shops etc.
Apartment cleaned every over day. We didn’t use the kitchen to cook so couldn’t comment on that but fridge was nice and cold. There were 2 glasses, 2 plates, 2 bowls etc so just enough for 2 bed apartment.
There are several pool area's to choose from, one of which was brand new and at this time of year almost empty.
*There are fixed priced shops on the marina so don’t even bother going to ones without prices and you will always pay more.
*Local guys can be a pest to women, just ignor them completely
* Exchange rate is fixed so changed at reception.
*We did a two day trip to the Sahara which we book through reception. Was an amazing adventure fill 2 days but covered over 1300K so is a lot of time on a coach. This was 185 denar.
*We went at the end of October and it was quiet. Wouldn’t recommend for party holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our apartments are built in the middle of multi flower garden; the white walls, arcades, vaults, animated walking lanes make the place charming all day and night. Port El Kantaoui harmoniously constructed inside a land where colors and exterior architecture confirm a gorgeous landscape. At Port El Kantaoui the comfort of modern equipment mixed with typically Tunisian decoration makes the place a unique one. All our apartments are modernly equipped: bathroom, kitchen, phone, T.V, Sofa ... For all your needs many shops, supermarket, bank, post, medical cabinet are surrounding the harbor. Also in walking lane you will find our bars and restaurants strategically situated in front of the harbor or the musical fountain. For your wellness activity like golfing fishing diving will cultivate your mind and your spirit during your stay in Les Maisons de la Mer & Des Jardins. The strait access to a managed beach will satisfy your sun needs. We propose to our host’s holiday in our apartments around the musical fountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Les Maisons de la Mer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Maisons De La Mer Hotel Port El Kantaoui