“Hotel from Hell (golden beach) skanes monistier.”

Hotel Golden Beach Monastir
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Having been to tunisia twice before and had fantastic holidays,we chose to go there again. we booked the holiday through imperial traval ltd. They told us it was a really good 4* all inclusive hotel and we booked. All went well untill we went into the hotel,the reception staff were very rude and unwelcoming.they said they would check if room was ready.Eventually we were taken to a room via a long dark coridor with no lighting once in the room my wife found that the bed had not been changed so on checking the room out we found the following, (toilet dirty, no loo roll ,walleanedleaned ls filthy ,floors through room dirty and sticky,balcony not cleaned,telly not working,not all lights worked,room could not be secured,hairs found in beds.I went to reception and complained no responce) We went to pool bar for drinks to be told no drinks available, coffee in 10 mins ,30 mins later we could get tepid coffee.At dinner time we went to the resturant to be greeted by no one.The tables were not set no kfs ,went to buffet and found flies all over food, plates were dirty,cats on tables, the food looked and smelt discusting(we did not eat in there) Next morning same food as for last dinner.we contacted rep and asked to be moved, he said he would move us next morning along with 5 other couples.that evening we again went to the resturent to be told we had to eat elsewhere as there was a privatgrasse party in resturent, we went out side to where the food was served and again it was discusting and cold, flies cats birds were the in thing plus rodent droppings on grass. Next morning we were moved to hotel amir palace which was really fantastic as were the food, staff ,rooms,entertainment ,all couples moved from hell to heaven.

Room Tip: best advice DONT GO TO GOLDEN BEACH HOTEL (skanes monistier)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnke800nq

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. If you are anything like me and read the reviews of places on here and then think some people want the world for nothing so you take a gamble honestly DONT STAY HERE. It is filthy there are rats and droppings around the pool, you are unable to have a drink as everything always runs out and the alcohol bottles are filled with water, you can't even get water some days. There is hardly any food and what there is is very poor quality I mean who has carrots for breakfast. We had no hot water then the room flooded. Then the electrics went off in our room just to be told later when informed reception. When we complained to the rep we were moved hotels no hassle as he even said it was very poorly run. Honestly if you want a decent holiday don't book here!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Where to begin? It began at reception where you will have to change your money into tunisian dinars, the currency exchange sign with the correct rates is constantly switched off so they give you the rate they want - which in my case was anout 100 dinar short than what we should have got. Cannot complain about the pool and beach area. The food was terrible, it was just re- heated for every meal. Pizza which was not eaten on day one,
Was choppes up and put into a salad for dAy two. Not to mention, you also have to share the dining area with cats. They walk all over the tables and everything. We caught the waitors watering down their alcohol so there really is no point of going all inclusive. They would 'run out' of alcohol. My partner also had cigarette ash in his cup a few times from them
Being unwashed. Beware of
The woman behind reception - she is as rude as hell and
Cannot be bothered to help you with anything. The room was a standard room and we had no complaints in that department. After spending 5 of our 10 days in this hotel we were thankfully moved after complaining so much to our rep ( although he said he knew how bad golden beach was) and we were transferred to Calimera Rosa Rivage which was lovely and made the rest of our holiday enjoyable. We were not the first to be moved to a hotel either. Golden beach is a place to avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This Hotel Would Be A Dream For Anyone That Was On A Diet Or Would Like To Stop Drinking. The Food Was Awful & You Would Be Sharing It With Flies As They Were Present At All Times (The Food Was Never Covered Up, Allowing Flies Access To It At All Times) Cats & Birds Were Also Present - Cats & Birds On The Tables & No One Make Any Effort To Get Rid Of Them.
The Only Spirits That Were Available Was Gin & Vodka, When They Ran Out Of These Spirits (As The Did On A Daily Basis) Water Was Substituted . So If You Asked For Vokda & Coke What You Actually Got Was Water & Coke. It Was The Same With The Gin. This Was Not A One Off But Also Done On A Daily Basis. Beer Was Watered Down, Cola, Fanta & Sprite Ran Out Every Day. The Only Drink From The Bar That You Could Get On A Regular Basis Was A Diluted Lemonade Which You Only Drank If You Where Desperate.
If You Wanted Any Type Of Service From The Staff You Had To Tip Them First, Some Staff Demanding How Much They Wanted. ( Did Not Tip As I Am Not Rewarding Bad Service To Get Good Service)
Although I Myself Did Not See Any Rats We Were Assured By Other Guests That They Had Seen Them On Numerous Occasions, Cockroaches I Did See
On The Evening Of Thursday 19th September, Restaurant Was Closed To The Guests Because They Had Arranged A Party For Students. (Closed Also For Breakfast & Lunch)
This Went On From 10 O'Clock In The Evening Till 4 O'Clock In The Morning, So No One In The Hotel Complex Could Get Any Sleep, When I Complained About The Noise Managment Reply Was That It Was A Special Occasion, And Would Neither Turn The Music Down Or Turn It Off. This Meant That No Hot Food Could Be Cooked Because The Facilities Were Not Available.We Were Also Deprived Of Any Beer That Evening Because All The Bottled Beer Was Put In A Large Ice-Cream Fridge To Be Sold To The Students
Customer Satisfaction Is Not High On The Agenda, Neither Is Customer Service.
Avoid This Hotel Like The Plague.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Booked for two week holiday what a nightmare, not all inclusive as advised, hotel pitch black when arrived led to room by porter with torch, room was very basic, balcony was overgrown by trees andbuilding site below, most of staff unwelcoming, buy water as not included, beer ran out, watered down drinks inc vodka and gin, food is a joke more flies than guests least they get food, birds inside and lots of cats begging, rats were seen and droppings, you can rent towels and sunbed mattresses, you have to get your own drinks before going into restaurant otherwise the waiters expect to get dinars! Lots of guests been transferred unhygenic dont book unless you want holiday from hell ! Photos can be supplied on request

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all, I was there only for a wedding ceremony of a couple of friends. The place was extremely hot and it turned out that the AC was out of service. This is just unacceptable for a hotel during high season, especially for a wedding ceremony in the middle of the summer. I was melting down so I decided to go outside for a walk and passed through the bar. I ordered a drink and sat down there justing watching people come and go. I watched the bar tender service and the least I can say is that is that it was the worst service I ever experienced. The bar tenders were disrespectul and unable to treat clients requests properly. I even saw a women waiting 15 minutes standing at the bar and all she asked for was two empty cups with some ice. Add to that the bar guy was insulting almost every tourist and he was speaking arabic to make sure they dont get a word of what he is saying. I am Tunisian and I heard what he was saying and the least I can say is that it was just unacceptable. The bar tender name is Walid, plus one other guy who seemed not to know a single thing of bar tendry plus another waitress.

Horrible service... Just don't go there, I can't even imagine how it is for a long stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Zarzoumia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just got back from an amazing week here.. The hotel was brilliant. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Great service. Lovely food. Very clean. The animation team are absolutely fantastic and made the holiday for us. I read a review on here that made me question my holiday before I went..and to say the place was awful is just so far from the truth.. I will absolutely be going back there.., the sooner the better.... Best holiday I've ever had with my family..
Thank you to all at the golden beach hotel and hope to see you again soon x
Paula wilson