We arrived at the Sahara Beach quite late and was offered cold drink whilst we filled out our registration forms, after doing this we where handed our keys and went to our rooms these where adjoining with a door in the middle as we where travelling as a group of four girls. The porter brought our cases up shortly after.
The hotel is huge set in fantastic gardens and right on the beach with a mini zoo for the children, there are 3 outside pools and an indoor one depending on what you want from the pool there are pools that are relaxing and pools that have something going on all the time, a total of 8 bars, and a fantastic disco, as well as a pizzeria, snacks are served out doors by the pool and a superb restaurant where the main meals are served, The meals are varied with a plentiful choice for everyone. Even picky eaters like myself you can even watch them make you fresh pizza.
At the start of your stay you are assigned a table of your own to have your meals, but be warned you may have to share with other people there are 2 sides to the restaurant, an all inclusive side and a half board side the food is the same on both sides, you must try the omelettes for breakfast these are delicious I don’t think I have managed to eat a full one yet.
The hotel spotlessly clean, from the gardens to the rooms, the staff work tirelessly for next to nothing and are very cheerful and helpful they are perhaps the friendliest people I have ever met and I have travelled to most places.
The Entertainment is excellent and these guys work very very hard to put on the nightly shows such as the river dance and grease, I have never seen such fantastic entertainment in any hotel before, during the day there is a kids club, I cant pass comment on this because we are all above the age of 18 but they looked like they where having fun.
There are shops in the hotel so if you didn’t want to leave the hotel you don’t need to but I would recommend going to sousse and in to the medina and a worthwhile trip is to Port El Kantoui, please arrange a price with the taxi driver before the start of your journey or ask for the taxi meter.
This hotel is only classed as a 3 star, I would give it a higher grade as I have stayed at some gawd awful places that where classed as 4star.
We love this hotel and have been here 4 times this year already we would never dream of staying somewhere else, the staff are friendly, the food is good with a varied choice, the rooms small yet adequate and the beach is beautiful.
A few Tips..
Dont pay for expensive transferes a taxi to the hotel from the airport costs 10 dinars.
Always agree a price for your taxi before getting in.
Visit Port el Kantoui its lovely.
Have fun !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse (Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 sq m of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia