My wife, daughter & I have just returned to Blighty from this concentration camp.
This is by far the worst holiday experience we have ever had.
If any travel guide tells you that this dump is 15 minutes from the airport, ignore it !! It is 5 minutes by camel at the most, and you can spend 14 evenings sat on your balcony watching planes landing & taking off - every 4 minutes on busy days!!
The rooms are small - 3 of us crammed into a double room, no room to even walk past the bed when the wardrobe is open. There was snot, blood and God knows what decorating our "cell". Whilst taking a bath you can hear the conversation in the next bathroom, and after your neighbour's have spent the evening in the nightclub, awoken you to arguments at 3.00 a.m. you can hear their sexual activities.
Our room was dirty & not cleaned once during our stay - sure they change the bed linen & replace the towels - having first dipped them in oil or sweat from the kitchen - they stink!!
The staff are rude, couldn't care less that you are on holiday.
At any time of day you can walk through the reception area and be greeted by the sight of a drunken slob, asleep with sick covering him, or her. Ask the reception staff to move them as this is advertised as a family resort and you'll be told that you've got more chance of finding a toilet that isn't blocked in this hotel.
Restaurant / Beach bars
On a plus side our waiter was helpful. However on his days or mornings off, the other waiters were incredibly rude. They would take wine glasses, cutlery, napkins from our table and give them to their guests leaving us to scavenge them off other tables.
The fact that we lived on melon, omelettes & pancakes for 14 days should give you an indication that the food was dire.
The all inclusive package is a joke. You can only get a half at the bar unless you tip the barman and then you can have a pint. You spend every evening queueing and will probably have had 2 pints by the end of the evening, served sometimes in paper cups - what quality!!
If you are a chav, enjoy chips with every meal, then you will have a great time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse ( Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 Sq. M of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia