“value holiday and it shows!!!”

Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Monastir
Milton Keynes
“value holiday and it shows!!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

the best part of this hotel is the pool area, its lovely, although you are expected to pay for the matresses for the beds, the rest was very disappointing, the rooms are very basic and a bit grubby, the worst part is the restaurant the food is passable but the tables and chairs are filthy and our waiters jacket could have done with a good wash, it just makes you wonder what the kitchen is like !! we had an ok time, the weather didnt help but thats nobodys fault. i woudn't put this hotel any higher than a 2 star and i think thats pushing it. the staff are friendly, the corridor to the restaurant is quite off putting, you are hassled a bit there as there are a few stalls plying their wares and they all smoke heavily....Basically needs updating in all areas.

Room Tip: all corridors very noisy, so doesn't matter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sbmk56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

this was our 3rd visit to the hotel and as usual it is still great value for money ,we usually go in November which I much prefer as the weather is better.Our only complaint was noise during the night and early morning. our 2nd week we had a noisy crowd opposite who shouted and banged on each others doors morning and night some arriving back to the room at 4am and banging to get in ,also a certain porter taking bags away and shouting along the corridor in the early hours .but I cant fault the rest of the staff, the entertainment crew worked hard morning and night also doing most of the shows themselves,and had time for everyone, the kids all adored them. we did a couple of trips through the rep which were ok .The bar staff and restaurant staff were all great and the food choice was unbelievable , I cant believe anyone can find fault with the selection and quality, The shopping area has a couple of really good shops the first leather shop is good and also the Treasure Trove [Jewellers] they will make jewellery to order at very reasonable prices,[great to buy as special and unusual gifts too] and really nice men ,no hastle , Nouri [Mike] is a great laugh too.The grounds and pools are spotless as is the indoor pool., also a big difference in the reception staff ,they were all very nice ,a big difference from a couple of years back .

Room Tip: I think most rooms are ok
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank quenta2
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

What an amazing place, weather is not brilliant but that is the ONLY thing I could even think of to complain about.
Food is always fresh and huge choice.... Even for fussy eaters..... Pizza and chips with pancakes and ice cream if you cant be brave!
Love the entertainment crew, such a great team and brill fun.... No kids in the bar so grab a couple of dippy adults! Yes, us!!!!!
Clean and fresh rooms, cleaned all day, pretty shapes out of towels and sleepwear.
All the resort is very well kept and no mess anywhere.
Only 3 days left but I really DONT want to go home!
Back again towards the end of the seasons!
Those who leave negative comments would find fault holidaying in a palace! :-)

Room Tip: We were near lifts but had no problem other then noice from early riser above.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Tarwild
Blackpool
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with friends in January and were very happy.
the rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the food was great! The restaurant staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The food was great, hot and varied, with lots of Tunesian dishes. The entertainment team did a very good job, keeping us entertained without being pushy. they were always around for a chat and with plans. The reception staff was nice friendly and full of information. We would have liked to see an information folder in the room, with mealtimes, telephone numbers, doctors, local attractions etc. in the main hall we found plenty of brochures and the info books of the travelagencies. We were with Sundirect and their contact is very low-level, sort of ring me when you think you need me.... The staff made up for that!
We will definitely come and try to stay here again! Robert, Fransje Hopkins

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eleonoor
SCOTLAND
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Spent a week here and enjoyed the hotel allot. Food was great with plenty selection, drinks were ok as well. Rooms were enough and balcony view nice. Staff all friendly no pushing for tips. The only complaint was the Camel trip sold in the Hotel. Cost was about £20 and just not worth it. Never had enough animals for all the guests and it is a quick walk down to end of road and back.
Best to go on trips with horse and cart they were cheap and fun.

Room Tip: Just take any room they all ok
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BONXIEMAN
Wigan
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Well we have just returned from a fab 2 weeks at the Sahara Beach Hotel, Sadly the weather wasn't up to much but it didn't really make a difference to our stay.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, The rooms are basic but what do you need in a room apart from clean beds somewhere to store your clothes and a bathroom, Although we had a suite this time (thanks) The suites are far better rooms but these are only situated on the 7th floor and very popular, These have TV's (only showing bbc news) a fridge, and a sofa bed handy if you are taking kids! they also have a separate area where the wardrobes are. My only problem here is the lighting where the bath/shower is was quite poor, Our room was cleaned daily and we had fruit and fresh flowers left by our male maid :) Another problem I find with the rooms is a lack of plug sockets this can easily be fixed by taking an extension socket (pound shop).

The pool area's and gardens are lovely, we didn't swim outside but used the indoor pool quite a few times ... this was on most days like stepping into a warm bath, there is a life guard on duty who was always friendly and said hello :) There is horse riding situated in the grounds of the hotel, although I didn't go I believe it costs around 25tdn for an hour (just under a tenner), There are shops within the hotel Khaled's treasure trove is a cracking little jewellery shop and isn't very expensive, they do some lovely spin wedding rings made to order.

The food is plentiful and no one is going to starve they have every Friday a traditional Tunisian night with traditional Tunisian food, even then they offer something for everyone, I love the soups here especially the Tunisian ones! Deserts are to die for and you could easily pile on the pounds if your not careful, Breakfasts are basically eggs, omelets, cereals, fruit juices, croissants and my little nieces favorite huge donuts .. she ate these every day, In the evening they have a kiddies section on the buffet, this usually consists of chicken nuggets, popcorn chicken, burgers etc. The salads are lush, I am not a salad eater but I enjoy how they prepare it here .. all finely chopped and they have the most lovely tasting tomatoes, I must point out ... If you have any dietry requirements or any allergies .. inform the head water and he will do his best to assist you, They do try their best to help with special needs.

The Animation guy and girls are great they do 95% of their own shows and have a fab kids club, I love mini disco and my little niece after a few days loved getting involved although she was scared of smiley the dog.

The staff in general at this hotel are lovely, if they can help in anyway they will do, they are friendly without being overly in your face, tip them a few dinars and they will bend over backwards to help you .. I don't mean this by you have to tip them but remember they work long hours and earn a pittance so its nice to show your appreciation.

I didn't really have any dealing with the Thomas Cook rep at the hotel she didn't seem overly friendly unlike Atef the rep from last year, I missed him this time ...

So all in all it was another fab holiday with fab friends over 2 weeks there was a party of 16 of us all coming and going we had a ball and would recommend this holiday to anyone :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
10 Thank Dizzi
Uk
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I visited Sahara Beach Hotel as a family holiday. It was fantastic, rooms were quite basic but clean and always stocked up with amenities. The cleaners were good and efficient too. The bar staff were absolutely lovely and we certainly left with good friends. However, the beach was full of locals selling things and they were quite aggressive and hands on with me. So much so that my brother had to pretend I was his wife to get him to let me go. He also bit my cheek! Entertainment was good and the nightclub on site was great. I also found the spa very good too although the massage was very painful and I struggled to move for 2 days after this. Overall a fantastic holiday and must recommend the camel ride!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family