we stayed here from the 4th - 18th december. and when we arrived the holiday from hell started.
when we got to are hotel rooms that were a joining on the 5th floor the door that led out on the balcony does not lock,so we had to pull over a single bed to block the door, because we add small children
the beach was dangerous and dirty, i found an old drinks can crushed and rusty with sharp edges buried in the sand,and broken glass so please be careful were you are walking.
also me and a friend went out in the sea on a kayak but did last to long because we got covered in little bits of wood the sea was dirty and this was also on the beach.
in the restaurant you are given a table on your first night and that is your table for your stay, but we got moved because there were ants all over the table after 4 days of being there. all i could eat was cheese on toast for breakfast,and chips for the other 2 meals,although i did try noodles done in a wok but they were swimming in oil.
the kids club was shut nothing for the kids to do in the day time and the enterainment in the evening was crap you would get more enjoyment watching paint dry
dont listen to the thomas cook rep she is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, we tried to book a trip with her and she told us that if the coach was not full we would be going to different hotels until they fill the coach up which could take 2-30 hrs there and the same back 5 hrs on a coach is not great with bored kids.....but another family went on the same trip and said it was great they didnt do what the rep said....they went straight there coach half empty.
the water park was closed,that closed 28th october, but thomas cook who sold us this holiday did say that every thing would be open
the indoor pool was luke warm and that was the only pool you could use as the out door ones were freezing. there is only 1 changing room which could only fit one person at a time in so you had to go back to your hotel room to get changed,
and if you leave your hotel room in the afternoon please dont make any noise as the o.a.p's will come out and tell you to be quite as they are trying to sleep at 5-20pm it was like staying in an old folks home.
SO PLEASE TAKE A GOOD BOOK TO READ TO ENTERTAIN YOURSELFS
hope this helps you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse ( Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 Sq. M of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia