“Good value for your money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort

Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Monastir
“Good value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have just come back from a weeks holiday. This holiday was a great relaxing week. I went with my husband, our 2 1/2 year old daughter and my sister.
We had a family room with the interconnecting doors. The rooms are compact and basic. No tv (so what!!!!) or seating area. The beds were comfy. The decor is a bit dated but not offensive. The room was cleaned daily. It would have been nice if it was a bit bigger but to be honest we didn't spend much time in the rooms. The maid we had was lovely and made a daily effort to make a fuss over our little girl.
The food was actually better than I expected. We tended to have freshly made omelettes for breakfast by the lovely chef.
We ate at the beach bar for lunch the pizzas are fab. The variety was slightly repetative.
we were then back in the restaurant for tea. I'm a vegetarian and I found plenty to eat. Plenty of salads and pasta available. The puddings are brill. Also quite a bit of traditional food which we liked but then kids food also available daily.
The pools are cold but quite impressive.
The water park was a good laugh.
The beach is lovely. Definitely the best bit of beach in the area.
My sister and I went on two horse rides on the beach. Definitely recommend it. The staff we superb and the horses were skinny but very well behaved. We even tailor made our second ride as we wanted a good canter down the beach. Loads cheaper than the uk and a great experience.
The kids disco is hard work. Loads of kids and not much room and songs all in every language but English but my little girl loved every second of it.
Didn't really participate much with the animation team but from
What we did see they were all very nice and certainly worked hard all day.
I would not wish to come Back here in peak season purely because the amount of people would mean queues for everything.
The staff were all lovely and we tipped daily the maids, waiters, sunbed man etc.
Wifi in rooms and reception but slow and a bit hit and miss. Had no phone connection at all.
A good value for money holiday.

1 Thank Amandadonny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

we stayed here as a family of 5..myself/partner & 3children,12,10 & 3. In june last year 2012.

Lovely hotel, lovely grounds! And clean!! the kids loved the slides, even the little one! They equally enjoyed the games room. we had some pics taken by the photographer onsite..be prepared to pay for them all ..as youll have trouble choosing!!

The food was of a good standard, plenty to choose from..even the picky eaters. Rooms were clean and our room was an interconnecting with lovely views.

The beach.. not the greatest ive been too, as the sea was pretty murky :( but ok for a change of scenery.

The youngest went to the kids club, throughyly enjoyed the chocolate party! she was the cleanest leaving too ;)

there are local markets..we went to one & a gentelman with us had his wallet pick pocketed, would not reccomend going here!!!!! it was most def for locals. i found it quite imtimadating to be honest. However we went to one that was in the old castle gorounds ( i think) fab!! i brought a lovely leather bag..that still get comments today. Also we noticed there werent many bins out of the hotel??

One thing i didnt like is the hotel is out the way.. nothing really within walking distance, but loads going on to keep you busy..good selection of entertainment.

The adult slushes are lush..but was not always frozen. The bach bar (the Boat) is lovely.. but not included in the AI.

i did pick up a bug on the last night..(and i know afew others had tummy issues) mine was quite sever which wasnt nice & ended up on a drip in the airport before flying..the only reason im telling you this is i was accomadated on the transfer from the hotel to the airport.. & the service & care from the hospital staff at the airport was very quick & effeciant, & they patched me up enough to fly me home! Many other hospitals/countries could well have kept me there as a way of making abit more money.

Overall.. a lovely clean hotel with very good faciliities, in a not so desirable location.

Personally i wouldnt go back to the hotel but only because of the location! we like to be able to wander after tea, bit of shopping etc, maybe a drink in another bar. & we couldnt do this here with transport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Family holiday with my mom & little sister and it was absolutely amazing! The rooms were basic but extremely clean, all the staff are very friendly and polite, always wanting to help you out. We didn't get hassled as much as people make out you do. The food was great, different every night (apart from the salads, chips etc. basic things) We loved the pools and water park! The water park is perfect for kids, kept my little sister occupied for hours. Me being 18 I was expecting to be bored a lot of the time but I wasn't at all! My favorite part was probably the animation team and entertainment, there were different shows every night and they keep the kids entertained for hours. They go from doing dances at the pools, to greeting you at dinner, to doing shows of a night, they work so hard to keep everyone entertained and happy throughout the day! They're all so nice too, they will always say hello and ask how you are. They're one of the main reasons we're going back to be honest, they make you feel so welcome. The kids club is great too, my little sister always wanted to go! Don't listen to any of the bad reviews, its clean, the food is good, the staff are wonderful and the entertainment is great! We booked up for next year the day we got home we loved it that much, we can't wait :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank olivia c
hsbqt, Quality Manager at Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest ,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay
We are delighted to read your review post your stay in the hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us
We are looking forward to welcoming you back
Best Regards
Quality Manager, Myriam
hotel@saharabeach.com.tn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really enjoyed the week we stayed here the staff are all very friendly just take time to talk to them food always something to eat if you meet the bar supervisor take your time to have a chat with him he's a good bloke even if he follows you ha ha he will know me really could not fault the place will be going back thanks to all for the great week we had

5 Thank misterhillam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my first holiday to Tunisia went with my fiancé and 2 kids aged 12 well where do I start the room was brilliant very clean although hot the view was fab the staff were great but everything they do is for tips 1dinar about 40p so can't complain the food was a problem if like me your not adventurous with food you'll probably get sick of chips pizza and burger the pools were good but cold but once you have got your breath back your ok the shops on site are expensive and everything is "genuine " fake if you want a good deal go to monastir to the medina you can buy almost any thing and haggle because you will get a great deal also if you want a good day out go camel trekking if your wanting britan but with the sun go somewhere else if you want 5 stars go somewhere else if you want fun in the sun come here you will have fun

6 Thank soco1980
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our first holiday to Tunisia and also the first holiday taking my partners 2 children (14-11). We paid £1500 for 4 people all inclusive, an absolute bargain! When we arrived at the hotel check in was carnage! There must of been around 200 people checking in all at the same time. This hotel is obviously very popular. Once we'd checked in and got our rooms I was pleasantly surprised. Some reviews had said the basic rooms were tiny, far from it! It was more than big enough. We had adjoining rooms, both rooms had ample space especially around the dressers. The balcony was a little small but that was a problem. Cleaned well and everyday, cleaners were lovely. The grounds are gorgeous.I found no issues with litter etc and cleaners were around all day. The shops and resrestaurants were all great. We loved the food, there was always something nice to eat. The tunisian cous cous and slow cooked veal stew was amazing. Our waiter was lovely and always remembered what drinks we had at each meal. The water park was awesome. Be warned, the orange slide is faster than it looks lol! I nearly lost my bikini. The beach was gorgeous. White sand, blue sea and if you go early enough there are plenty of sun lounges. There is a beach bar that serves the all inclusive lunch and prepared freshly grilled meats. Entertainment in the evening is ok. The show bar is not big enough for the size of the hotel. You had to be in there for 7-7.30 to get a seat for the shows that started around 9ish. We went to the piano bar a few times as they had a live singer who wasnt bad but again seats could be limited but npt as bad as the show bar. The shops were well priced and staff were friendly, we brought plenty of souvenirs. There is also a games arcade which we went in every night. The spa is lovely. I had a turkish bath and a pedicure all for 60dinars. We went on the camel trip and loved it. You got to ride the camels for 30mins or so and then you could ride a horse or donkey as well and then you ate fresh bread with salad and homemade chilli, delicious! You certainly get what you pay for. If you want 5 stars, pay 5 star prices. Judge the hotel yourself, we were surprised at how ridiculous some of the reviews were. However, we did not go peak season and I can imagine the price would double. Had we of paid alot to stay here in peak, I would of been disappointed. Mainly because the hotel cannot accommodate everyone for the evening entertainment and I can just imagine how hectic the restaurant would be. I couldn't find any major faults. Tunisia is a poor country and if you go on any trips outside the hotel you will see this for yourself. I enjoyed our holiday but I missed being able to come out of the hotel and go for walk. The hotel is quite far out but taxis are cheap and if you like to haggle etc you can go into the town/shopping areas. For what we paid, it was worth it. I enjoyed and there is plenty to do. Go and see for yourself :-)

6 Thank Rebecca C
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed 22-29 may...2 adults and 2 children 11&14

Good points
Food- lovely food, sometimes an odd choice by UK tastes but you're abroad! Lovely salads but not a lot of variety there, pizzas were lovely freshly made as were omelettes in the morning and crepes all fresh.. Deserts delicious!

Staff- waiter (Jimmy) and our maid were lovely! Tipped them 10dinars and they spoilt us rotten, so friendly stopping to chat about their families and ours, left feeling we made friends. Pool lifeguards and guys who brought the lounger cushions were so polite and a quick dinar or two as a tip and they are so grateful and happy to help next time.

Pools- 4 lovely pools, nice aqua park and when we visited enough loungers if you got up early to get one.. Don't think there would be anywhere near enough in high season

Beach- lovely, clean loungers provided bit windy and blowy but beach bar right there for drinks, lunch, ice cream

Bad points

animation team- worked hard to mainly please adults by the pool and small children by night... Very few things for kids over 8 or under 18... As a result gangs of badly behaved bored children roamed the hotel causing trouble.

Otherwise nothing else happening, loads of people sat in reception and playing cards or surfing the poor speed Internet if you coul get on! Huge queues at the bars and only two drinks each so queues constantly and loads of noise kids running amok... There was a fight on the first night we were there where a kid punched a young girl and all hell broke loose with him throwing a chair at the father. The mother we later learned from her own mouth she was out sleeping with a waiter/chef every night!! So she wasn't even there to supervise her kids...
That sums up the nightmare which makes up about 1/4 or so of the clientele when we were there, loud, mouthy, sweary rude people who had no regard for anyone else... I'm not a snob... But I do hope people will act with a bit of consideration and a lot of people said the same, there was nothing for kids to do and without supervision it's just an accident/ crime scene waiting to happen. The hotel security weren't at all bothered or intending to speak to anyone saying "it's British people" well no actually, most people aren't like they've stepped out of an episode of shameless but those people stood out by their awfulness.

Restaurant - very big you keep your own table which is good but the restaurant is massive and gets very hot birds flying about because they open the doors to outside rather than use the aircon.
I almost fainted the last evening as it was so hot and stuffy.

Overall this is an ok hotel but the lack of entertainment and facilities of an evening makes for a miserable experience and I wouldn't recommend it to others and won't return

• 1 of 5 bubbles