We have just come back from a weeks holiday. This holiday was a great relaxing week. I went with my husband, our 2 1/2 year old daughter and my sister.
We had a family room with the interconnecting doors. The rooms are compact and basic. No tv (so what!!!!) or seating area. The beds were comfy. The decor is a bit dated but not offensive. The room was cleaned daily. It would have been nice if it was a bit bigger but to be honest we didn't spend much time in the rooms. The maid we had was lovely and made a daily effort to make a fuss over our little girl.
The food was actually better than I expected. We tended to have freshly made omelettes for breakfast by the lovely chef.
We ate at the beach bar for lunch the pizzas are fab. The variety was slightly repetative.
we were then back in the restaurant for tea. I'm a vegetarian and I found plenty to eat. Plenty of salads and pasta available. The puddings are brill. Also quite a bit of traditional food which we liked but then kids food also available daily.
The pools are cold but quite impressive.
The water park was a good laugh.
The beach is lovely. Definitely the best bit of beach in the area.
My sister and I went on two horse rides on the beach. Definitely recommend it. The staff we superb and the horses were skinny but very well behaved. We even tailor made our second ride as we wanted a good canter down the beach. Loads cheaper than the uk and a great experience.
The kids disco is hard work. Loads of kids and not much room and songs all in every language but English but my little girl loved every second of it.
Didn't really participate much with the animation team but from
What we did see they were all very nice and certainly worked hard all day.
I would not wish to come Back here in peak season purely because the amount of people would mean queues for everything.
The staff were all lovely and we tipped daily the maids, waiters, sunbed man etc.
Wifi in rooms and reception but slow and a bit hit and miss. Had no phone connection at all.
A good value for money holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Monastir and approx 12 km from Sousse (Skanes - Tunisia). Broad, fine sandy beach. 22.000 sq m of gardens. A childrens paradise. Short transfer. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Beach Hotel Monastir
- Iberostar Hotel Sahara Beach
- Iberostar Hotel Monastir
- Sahara Beach Hotel Tunisia