“Don't read bad reviews”

Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Really enjoyed the week we stayed here the staff are all very friendly just take time to talk to them food always something to eat if you meet the bar supervisor take your time to have a chat with him he's a good bloke even if he follows you ha ha he will know me really could not fault the place will be going back thanks to all for the great week we had

5  Thank misterhillam

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my first holiday to Tunisia went with my fiancé and 2 kids aged 12 well where do I start the room was brilliant very clean although hot the view was fab the staff were great but everything they do is for tips 1dinar about 40p so can't complain the food was a problem if like me your not adventurous with food you'll probably get sick of chips pizza and burger the pools were good but cold but once you have got your breath back your ok the shops on site are expensive and everything is "genuine " fake if you want a good deal go to monastir to the medina you can buy almost any thing and haggle because you will get a great deal also if you want a good day out go camel trekking if your wanting britan but with the sun go somewhere else if you want 5 stars go somewhere else if you want fun in the sun come here you will have fun

6  Thank soco1980
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was our first holiday to Tunisia and also the first holiday taking my partners 2 children (14-11). We paid £1500 for 4 people all inclusive, an absolute bargain! When we arrived at the hotel check in was carnage! There must of been around 200 people checking in all at the same time. This hotel is obviously very popular. Once we'd checked in and got our rooms I was pleasantly surprised. Some reviews had said the basic rooms were tiny, far from it! It was more than big enough. We had adjoining rooms, both rooms had ample space especially around the dressers. The balcony was a little small but that was a problem. Cleaned well and everyday, cleaners were lovely. The grounds are gorgeous.I found no issues with litter etc and cleaners were around all day. The shops and resrestaurants were all great. We loved the food, there was always something nice to eat. The tunisian cous cous and slow cooked veal stew was amazing. Our waiter was lovely and always remembered what drinks we had at each meal. The water park was awesome. Be warned, the orange slide is faster than it looks lol! I nearly lost my bikini. The beach was gorgeous. White sand, blue sea and if you go early enough there are plenty of sun lounges. There is a beach bar that serves the all inclusive lunch and prepared freshly grilled meats. Entertainment in the evening is ok. The show bar is not big enough for the size of the hotel. You had to be in there for 7-7.30 to get a seat for the shows that started around 9ish. We went to the piano bar a few times as they had a live singer who wasnt bad but again seats could be limited but npt as bad as the show bar. The shops were well priced and staff were friendly, we brought plenty of souvenirs. There is also a games arcade which we went in every night. The spa is lovely. I had a turkish bath and a pedicure all for 60dinars. We went on the camel trip and loved it. You got to ride the camels for 30mins or so and then you could ride a horse or donkey as well and then you ate fresh bread with salad and homemade chilli, delicious! You certainly get what you pay for. If you want 5 stars, pay 5 star prices. Judge the hotel yourself, we were surprised at how ridiculous some of the reviews were. However, we did not go peak season and I can imagine the price would double. Had we of paid alot to stay here in peak, I would of been disappointed. Mainly because the hotel cannot accommodate everyone for the evening entertainment and I can just imagine how hectic the restaurant would be. I couldn't find any major faults. Tunisia is a poor country and if you go on any trips outside the hotel you will see this for yourself. I enjoyed our holiday but I missed being able to come out of the hotel and go for walk. The hotel is quite far out but taxis are cheap and if you like to haggle etc you can go into the town/shopping areas. For what we paid, it was worth it. I enjoyed and there is plenty to do. Go and see for yourself :-)

6  Thank Rebecca C

Stayed 22-29 may...2 adults and 2 children 11&14

Good points
Food- lovely food, sometimes an odd choice by UK tastes but you're abroad! Lovely salads but not a lot of variety there, pizzas were lovely freshly made as were omelettes in the morning and crepes all fresh.. Deserts delicious!

Staff- waiter (Jimmy) and our maid were lovely! Tipped them 10dinars and they spoilt us rotten, so friendly stopping to chat about their families and ours, left feeling we made friends. Pool lifeguards and guys who brought the lounger cushions were so polite and a quick dinar or two as a tip and they are so grateful and happy to help next time.

Pools- 4 lovely pools, nice aqua park and when we visited enough loungers if you got up early to get one.. Don't think there would be anywhere near enough in high season

Beach- lovely, clean loungers provided bit windy and blowy but beach bar right there for drinks, lunch, ice cream

Bad points

animation team- worked hard to mainly please adults by the pool and small children by night... Very few things for kids over 8 or under 18... As a result gangs of badly behaved bored children roamed the hotel causing trouble.

Otherwise nothing else happening, loads of people sat in reception and playing cards or surfing the poor speed Internet if you coul get on! Huge queues at the bars and only two drinks each so queues constantly and loads of noise kids running amok... There was a fight on the first night we were there where a kid punched a young girl and all hell broke loose with him throwing a chair at the father. The mother we later learned from her own mouth she was out sleeping with a waiter/chef every night!! So she wasn't even there to supervise her kids...
That sums up the nightmare which makes up about 1/4 or so of the clientele when we were there, loud, mouthy, sweary rude people who had no regard for anyone else... I'm not a snob... But I do hope people will act with a bit of consideration and a lot of people said the same, there was nothing for kids to do and without supervision it's just an accident/ crime scene waiting to happen. The hotel security weren't at all bothered or intending to speak to anyone saying "it's British people" well no actually, most people aren't like they've stepped out of an episode of shameless but those people stood out by their awfulness.

Restaurant - very big you keep your own table which is good but the restaurant is massive and gets very hot birds flying about because they open the doors to outside rather than use the aircon.
I almost fainted the last evening as it was so hot and stuffy.

Overall this is an ok hotel but the lack of entertainment and facilities of an evening makes for a miserable experience and I wouldn't recommend it to others and won't return

don't believe the negative reviews hubby and I went for week @ beginning of May
we had a fab time staff very friendly tipping is the culture but 1 dinar (40p) each day to put matt on sun lounger perfectly acceptable to me and at end of week gave £15 dinar to our waiter which he was cery happy with
food and drink good everthing lovely and clean only down point and it really did not bother us rooms very small and basic but always clean

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tweetypieLanarkshire
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here one week in May with husband and 3 year old. I'm going to be completely honest here. If you want hot weather go to this hotel, seriously if that is all you are after! Anything else and you'll be disappointed. After reading some of the reviews on here I really was apprehensive about going to Sahara Beach. Turns out I had good reason.

Rooms are tiny - no chance of an upgrade because hotel was full. Room wasn't ready for us when we arrived (12 hours travelling!!)

Bathroom was disgusting - mouldy shower curtain and mould in corner of bathroom, pipes leaking and had to move rooms (which the reception staff were less than helpful with).

Food horrible - same crap different day for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was okay. Totally packed in in the dining room, felt a bit like feeding time at the zoo.

Bars kept running out of apple juice and orange juice - might sound petty but not all children drink fizzy juice so was a struggle to find something little one could drink.

Beach could do with a clean, rubbish lying about.

Absolutely nothing outside this hotel, so the food was crap and there was no other option but to eat there.

Now, it was not all bad. Got to give the staff some credit, they were all lovely. We tipped out waiter at the start and he looked after us really well the whole week. Pool areas magic, clean and tidy and loads of pools to choose from. Animation team were great for the kids at night, and adults (if you like that sort of thing :-/ ) They did try really hard and my wee one loved the kids disco. Cocktail bar at night was good - good selection.

Nevertheless, I would never go back to this hotel. And will certainly not be recommending it to anyone. Won't be paying peanuts for all inclusive again - you get what you pay for that's for sure.

Room Tip: You probably won't get to choose - they'll have packed everyone in and there will be no alte...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Louise D
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Well this hotel surprised the hell out of me and in a good way!
I, like many other people, took note of the bad snobby comments and started to dread my holiday. Both me, my husband and 2 boys aged 3 and 6 thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
My only gripe was checking in, because they're was a few coach loads arriving the same time as us and it was a tad unorganised also the pools were freezing but you just jump in, swim like mad for a few minutes and its bareable. The food was lovely and so much choice. The staff were lovely, very helpful. The jewellers in the hotel were amazing also couldnt do enough for us and very reasonably priced.
Yes the rooms are very basic but to be honest the beds were comfy and the bathroom was huge, the shower, however, was amazing, a lovely power shower. Now in respect to tipping we only tipped the waiter a couple of dinars a day and the maid about 3 dinars a day plus we left full unopened bottles of water that we got free at dinner and tea for the maid and they appreciated a whole lot more.
Overall we were sad to leave a week is not enough, there is so much to do. Again please take note this hotel is 3 star not 4 and yes it has got a long way to go to reach a 4 but I loved it and most of all so did my boys.

4  Thank sarahwilliams08