Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort
Amir Palace(Monastir)
  • Pool
Neptunia Beach(Monastir)
4,079 results
All reviewswater parkpancakesanimation teamgo kartskids clubfantastic holidaymini golfsomething for everyonefamily holidaycant waitpools are greatel jembanana boatlife guardsmeal timeswaiterentertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2012

all the people who give a bad review try booking a 5star. this hotel is really nice, food always something to eat at every meal, staff are brill. its clean the only thing i will say is on a saturday the locals come for the night and its a bit like a cattle market so be prepared. apart from that ive just had a brill hol and will be going back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

First of all I would like to tell you that it was ok!! It was my second time to this hotel the first being in 1985 as a ten year old! It was a family holiday me the wife and three children 16,14 and 11.We went for ten nights and the whole experience was good ish! You expect to tip in North Africa.Its a shame that they have stopped using Monastir airport because that was only five minutes from the hotel not an hour odd likethe new one.Massive hotel with plenty of sunloungers if you get up and put towels on them at 5 o clock,but saying that,there was always loungers down the beach or on the gardens.Like others have said the food wasnt the best,there was always something to eat it got a bit repetitive I think a week would have been enough.I cant remember our waiters name but he and the table was ours for the ten days which was a good touch I thought. I tipped a dinar or two every night and our drinks were always there,he has worked there for thirty years and remembers the Libyan terrorists bomb going off in the night club.Butlins in the sun? yes!! Its busy, its manic,its two and a half hours away and its cheap!! Go for it campers!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my second time there, but my family goes to this hotel regularly since 7 years. A great place to be, wonderfully friendly staff, great food, good rooms, close to the beach and with good transport links to nearby cities. I will return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelgeeky_12
Reviewed December 8, 2012

went 14/11/12 until 28/11/12 and couldnt fault the hotel. clean, huge and so much to do. everyone is so helpful and cant do enough for you.Treasure Trove, the jeweller in the hotel, has some lovely items and reasonable priced. Nouri ,who works there, is very helpful and became a good friend.we brought several items including Spin rings,which are really beautiful and were made to size. would recommend. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels were changed even if not requested. Someone asked if the the pool with slides is open, sorry no. and although it was hot enough to sun bathe the sea and outdoor pools were to cold to use.(as it gets cold at night so water not warming up....dont need coats tho) But there is a lovely heated indoor pool. Entertainment very good . Some advice..dont buy cigerettes on the beach,very cheap but not nice.The people in the bag shop (the second one..NOT the one near jewellers)are very, very pushy and several people complained about them..avoid if possible and they are expensive. Ask the rep or hotel staff about the leather warehouse,which is much cheaper.Lastly the beauty and spa salon...well DONT have hair cut there...they cant cut hair,And as for nails!!!! decided to treat myself to a manicure and nail extensions the day before our return and was very very disappointed . i booked nearly a week before and asked if they had a book of nail art designs and was told yes. When I arrived for my appointment, I again stressed that I wanted a lovely design, which the owner translated to the girl. I again asked if they had a book of designs. The girl said no but that she had the design in her head, then she painted my nails and all she put was a yellow dot with four white ones around it in the corner of each nail. When I remarked on it she said she didn't have the gems etc. after complaining to their boss and getting nowhere I complained to the Thomas Cook rep who spoke to the owner. I was told to go back an hour later and that they would sort it...all she did was add a very bad swirl and seemed annoyed. I gave up and wasted £40. The nails fell off within a week of returning home and going to a nail salon I was told that it was a very bad attempt and a beginner could have done better. Atef, the Thomas cook rep, was very helpful and friendly and did his best to sort out any problems. All in all I had a fantastic holiday. Food was very good with loads of choice. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just returned home after a week at the Sahara Beach Hotel. (28 nov - 6 dec). The hotel caters for approx 2,900 guests, luckily there were only 300 there when we went. The hotel grounds are well maintained and extensive, with 3 or 4 sizeable pools, it was cold while we were there so nobody was using them. There is an indoor ,heated pool, which did have visitors. The main restaurant had been sectioned off because there were so few guests but we were well looked after by the staff there and the food was quite good with a good choice including freshly cooked omelettes, pizzas, pancakes etc. The room we had was adequate (all rooms have a sea view) but the air-con was useless when we tried to heat the room. A radio or t.v. would have been useful too. The bar opposite reception offered variable degrees of service. The staff were sometimes slow to serve and we discovered they gave better service to guests who tipped every time they bought a drink.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple