“Sahara Beach Holiday July 8th- 18th”

Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Monastir
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Short and sweet we enjoyed our holiday 10 days was enough ready to come home.

Hotel really needs to think about investing in more sun parasols and or the shop wouldmake a fortune selling beach parasols. we borrwed one sloted into the sunbed and supportedit with a child bucket and wet sand.

Be careful all inclusive is not everything.!! you will need money.

Room Tip: all rooms are see view i have added photos for parents looking for balcony and the family room was f...
5  Thank lynsh76
There are newer reviews for Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort

Reviewed August 15, 2012

very rude staff, tiny rooms, food is disgusting, entertainment is very bad and in French and German, sunbeds lol dont tip dont get bed, refused drinks in all inclusive. a la carte was like a microwave dinner. restaurant was over crowded. kids club only hold 32 in the height of summer. smoking everywhere, £3k wasted. should of gone to butlins.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank offley78
hsbqt, Quality manager at Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that our performance during your stay did neither meet your expectations nor our high quality and service standards.We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

best regrads

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went to this hotel on thw 25th july for two weeks with my partner and three children 11 , 6 and 5. When we arrived we were allocated interconnecting rooms not suitable for a family withyoung children as they can lock you out of the room and have access to a balcony! we had booked a family room but we were made to pay another 140 pounds for a room we had originally booked! the sofa bed was filthy and broken. we were then given another two beds one of which was a camp bed that collapsed on my 11 year old in the middle of the night! the reps were the most un helpfull reps ive ever met! The hotel was over crowded with 2500 people!!!! Our waiter was hiding glasses because he said for 2500 guests their was 800 glasses. Hence the glasses were passed on between people without being washed. we watched our waiter doing this on more than one occasion! Every family we spoke to had been ill with upset stomach, eye infections, ear infections and cold sores!!! The childrens pool was pooed in by children at least once a day and the life guard would fish the poo out and put it in the nearest flower bed!!! The pool wasnt even closed down! We saw staff filling water dispensers with tap water! I had to get up at 5am every day for a sun bed. You couldnt get in or out of the pools because the sunbeds being soo packed in! The food was awful and the resurant was so over crowded you were un able to get in and out of your table properly! i wouldnt go back to this hotel even if you payed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank ellie g
Reviewed August 14, 2012

arrived just before lunchtime didnt take long to be allocated our room which was an adjoining family room ideal as two bathrooms is very convenient with 5 people sharing. Staff all very friendly and polite, food good (maybe a little repetative) but kids were fine with the choice of pizza, omelette and pancakes and lovely desserts. Entertainment good for the kids and as long as they were entertained we were happy. Could possibly do with a better arrangement for getting sunbeds on a morning hadto get up at 2.30 the first week but then thankfully that was all stopped and a longer lie in could be had. All in all a great relaxing 2 weeks and would go back again.

6  Thank Carolyn C
hsbqt, Quality Manager at Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

We sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your last stay..
We thank you again for your kindness and look forward to welcoming you again at our property.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We (Myself aged 17, my Mam, Dad and my 13year old Brother) stayed at the Sahara Beach for two weeks from the 29/07/12 to the 12/08/12. We arrived at Enfidha Airport at around 10 in the morning after around a 3 hour flight from Newcastle Internation Airport. Passport Control and Baggage Collection took forever it seemed, and after getting no sleep the night before due to the early morning flight, I was feeling a little irritable, as I'm sure my family were too. Porters at the airport weren't as annoying as people are making out- one of them helped us carry our bags to the coah and we gave him a couple of Dinar, which is around 80p- a pittance really, but he seemed happy about it. I fell asleep on the coach between the airport and Sahara Beach so I can't really comment on that too much, but what I did see was awful- the countryside wasn't exactly beautiful, there was litter quite literally everywhere- not exactly the most welcoming sight, but hey.
Arrived at the Sahara Beach Hotel near enough an hour later to be quickly ushered into the "Show Bar" in reception where we were greeted with cold drinks- a godsend after the heat in the coach. Staff buzzed around tables fastening coloured wristbands to people depending on their age- brown for over 18's, and Purple for under 18's. This didn't take long, and we were quickly queueing up to be allocated our rooms. Now, this is where the first problem reared up- we were supposed to have 2 adjoined rooms, but for some reason we had two rooms next to eachother. Not a great start. We got up to the rooms and they were filthy. Really filthy. The bedsheets were dirty, there was mold and cobwebs in the corner of the ceiling, the lights were caked in dust and the bathrooms were disgusting. So my dad grabbed the attention of one of the cleaners and tried in his best Arabic that the rooms were not good at all. A more senior looking man turned up and tried to tell us the rooms were not dirty at all. So my dad showed him the rooms. After half an hour of half baked attempts at cleaning, we got fed up and went down to reception to complain- a nigh fruitless endeavor. Management were simply not interested. When we asked for different rooms, they claimed there were no more rooms. So we complained to one of the reps Marina who in turn complained to the Management who then magically had two rooms free. We were told they would be ready around 1 o'clock, so we went to go have some lunch. When we returned, our new rooms were a massive improvement on the old...except the toilet in my room refused to flush properly. After having the cistern replaced, it wouldnt stop flushing and the waste outlet pipe began to leak.
We were allocated a table right next to the windows for the two weeks we were there, and after sitting for 10 minutes, the heat was unbearable so we asked to be moved. I must admit the restaurant staff were fine with this and promptly moved us to a seat further into the restaurant.
Upon first inspection the food does not look appetising at all. Long story short we survived off of Crepes and Pizzas for the first week until we plucked up the courage to try some of the food. A lot of the food, it turned out, was either undercooked or had been left to stand so long it had turned mushy, however some of the food was alright, but still it's a little hit-and-miss. There was a lot of talk around the hotel of families coming down with serious stomach upsets, which kinda put me off the food even more. Our waiter, an elderly looking man called Saleem was however very pleasant and always seemed happy to help- he was probably the saving grace of the restaurant for us. We did notice other waiters giving their tables used cutlery and glasses, one grabbed an empty glass from our table and gave it to the table next to us!
The pools were "okay"- people seemed to have a habit of defacating in them though. Many of my friends ended up with ear and or eye infections, so the cleanliness of the pools has to be called into question. The music in the "Animation Pool" was crap, repetetive and far too damn loud. Free sun loungers and mats were a rarity if you didn't either claim some at 6 in the morning or bribe a member of staff to do it for you.
The pool bars were okay for what they were. The floors were filthy though, and the staff didn't seem interested in serving people, so long queues quickly built up. Finding the beach bar and lunchtime buffet was like finding the Holy Grail- the food there was actually quite nice I must say.
Night time entertainment was alright for what they had to work with- it was still crap, but I rather enjoyed their take on Mamma Mia! and the Fakir show.
Being 17 I obviously didn't bother with any of the Kids entertainment, and neither did my brother, but he was too young to go into the night club and I was too young to buy any form of alcohol- this might not be such a bad thing normally, but there was quite literally nothing else for my age group to do apart from hang around in the pool then meet up in the Shisha Cafe that night. I met quite a few other people my own age, and frankly they're the only reason I'm giving this review 2 stars instead of one. I did have fun, but it was only because of them being there.
Many members of staff seemed less interested in their work and more interested in the young female guests. Many of the girls I met there said the staff were really creepy and innapropriate towards them- the worrying thing is that some of the girls were as young as 13! Two 16 year old girls I know of had been invited by a young male member of staff to go with him to a club near the local town. He may have had decent intentions, but I'm not sure staff should conduct themselves in this manner.
We didn't bother going on any of the trips after others told us that they were rubbish and mainly involved being sat in a hot coach for hours on end.
In summary the hotel was dirty, many of the staff were simply not interested in their jobs, and the food isn't worth the risk of being bent over a toilet for most of your holiday. There is no way I will ever come back to this hotel willingly.

Room Tip: Pray to God that you get a decent room first time.
7  Thank MeAP95

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory stay at our hotel.
We appreciate every comment we receive in order to improve our standards and quality.
kindly be informed that Health issues are very important to us and we follow them to the letter and We would also like to explain to you that we are certified ISO 9001 & iso 22000, we respect the requirements of the international standard.
wee are terribly sorry to hear that you didn’t fully enjoy your stay with us and hope that you will consider our property for future holidays.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Best if I use bullets points.
* rooms tiny
* food poor quality and repetitive
* dining tables on top of each other in the hot sun
* sunbed war was a nightmare have to get up at 5am every morning just to get a sun bed never mind a brolly, had a brolly about 3 times not good when you need shade
* seen evidence of staff receiving money so they can put there towels down for them
* then to find people come down late afternoon so out of order its so stressful simple not enough sunbeds and brolly's
* we upgraded to a supeiror suite was alot better with lots more room but aircon very slow
* some staff rude threw drinks and food at you unless you are french
* the kasbar style shops was good but being Tunisa you are able to smoke everywhere yak.

Room Tip: ask to upgrade when you get there ask the reception staff not reps they are hopeless and take everyt...
4  Thank miles504201
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went to Sahara Beach end of July 2012 for 7 nights. Weather was great,lovely beach,fantastic animation team working really hard. Great Kids Club running by Thomas Cook.There is few things i didnt like, it would be perfectly great holiday if this could be sorted. Food was very poor in my opinion,we had chips and spaghetti every day for one week for lunch and dinner, apart from that some meat cooked or baked but all had same taste and sometimes was not well cooked, fresh salad (was there for days and we got sick eating it). For breakfast we had selection of cheap cereals,croissant, boil egg, something what almost look like porridge, baked beans what was not well cooked(hard), dissapointed that there was no fresh fruits to eat in the morning. Second thing is that its very hard to get place by the pool, i dont know how people was doing that but when i wake up at 7 am and look outside i saw towels on all the sun lounges around the pool and ppl is leaving it there all day long even when they go lunch. Parents was complaining as they couldnt get place by the pool to look after their kids. Hotel have stable and as my partner know how to ride a horse we all decided to have a ride on the beach, me and my 4 year old daughter enjoy it, but my partner wanted to something more then just walking on the beach but horse refuse to run. They all looked very very skinny,sick and disable, stay in dirty stable with the saddle on in very hot weather,and only because ppl was lazy to take care of them,feel very sad looking at all this. There is no mosquito but planty of flies everywhere but most disturbing in restaurant.

3  Thank 82Liza