Sahara Beach Aquapark Resort
Amir Palace(Monastir)
  • Pool
Neptunia Beach(Monastir)
4,079 results
All reviewswater parkpancakesanimation teamgo kartskids clubfantastic holidaymini golfsomething for everyonefamily holidaycant waitpools are greatel jembanana boatlife guardsmeal timeswaiterentertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I honestly cannot tell you a single negative thing about this hotel! the rooms a nice a clean and are cleaned every day. They have at least five pools that are always clean and they all have a life guard each. The food was amazing and there was always a different selection each day! the entertainment on a night was spot on too and the beach is full of activities throughout the day! :) i went on a horse ride down the beaches and it was great! i would go again without a seconds thought!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
14  Thank Becky H
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just arrived Beach from sahara beach for one week holiday ending 6th may 2012 my view is Hotel 10/10, staff 10/10 cleanness 10/10 food 10/10 could not find one fault in this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the pool and beach.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
24  Thank John A
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have just returned from sahara beach and it was a very average holiday . I went with my fiancé and stayed there for a week. When we arrived we had to que in reception to check in but it took about 30 minutes because there was about 600 people checking in all at one time, we were given our room and I was so shocked when we opened the door, the room was literally a bed with some wardrobes and a desk that was it no fridge , no safe , no television , no coffee or tea making facilities , there was literally a bed and a wardrobe , the bathroom was filthy the bath was completely dirty and all round the sink was black , the room was also tiny and we could hardly move , we immediately went to complain to our rep who tried to get our room changed she said we couldn't change until the next day which we wasn't happy about because we wanted to un pack and settle in , my aunt was staying in a near by hotel and came to visit when we arrived I told her and showed her the room she completely agreed with me and went straight to the manager the manager changed our room straight away to a sea view room still no fridge safe or tv but slightly bigger and slightly cleaner , was shocking how my aunt could get results but the rep couldn't . Then we went for something to eat the food all week was so little choice , there was the same pasta and sauce every day and the meat just changed from chicken to turkey and then chicken to turkey alternative days . There was a lot of French food like ratatouille and things a lot of English wouldn't eat . The waiters were very good always on the ball asking what you wanted to drink and brought us 2/3 drinks each . He was very friendly also. The breakfast was strange they had vegetables and potatoes for breakfast the in only thing I liked was omelette which they did every day they also did pancakes . The pool was dirty and didn't get cleaned every day I never saw the pool get cleaned once and there was floating bits all in the pool . The lifeguard was rubbish he sat down all day asking my fiancé to get him beer from the bar which he obviously wasn't allowed he also was doing stupid things like throwing people in the pool and throwing water in cups on people which annoyed me because I was trying to read a book and obviously didn't want to get it wet. The rep was really friendly don't get me wrong but she wasnt helpful what so ever. There is stupid people on the beach who injured my auntie , a man was throwing a rake about the beach and it snapped and flew in the air and cut all my aunties hand open she had to spend 2 days in the infirmary . There was a beach bar which apparently did food between 12 - 5 but after like the dinner hours of like 12-2 there was nothing to eat and didn't even look like people was cooking. The all inclusive is only between 10 and midnight so if you want a drink before 10am or after midnight you have to pay . We ventured out into sousse that was the worst and dirtiest place ive ever been too people coming up to you in your face asking to buy things and it's a very dirty place, we also went to monastir which was actually nice it had a ok market and the area was half decent the taxi drivers are a nightmare . As soon as you leave your hotel they bombard you and all walk towards you shouting things at you. It is very very annoying . The entertainment is awful the mini disco is alright to be fair it is just the average mini disco you get anywhere there are hundreds of kids all running around the show bar . There is bingo every night but we didn't play it wasn't worth it , the noise was so loud whilst playing bingo I don't no how any one heard someone shout bingo . Then there was a show like a dance show or a miming singing show which was done by the same people every single night. It ended at 10:30 and then there was nothing apart from a night club which you have to pay for drinks in its not included in your all inclusive . On the 4th day off being there our shower head holder broke I think the maid broke it whilst cleaning. We told reception and they said they would send some one up he came up and said tomorrow, he didn't show the next day so we rang down again and someone came up he went into the bathroom and then just left not saying a word we rang back down and they said tomorrow they gave us another room key to shower in which was awkward carting all our shower stuff over to another room and the shower never got fixed until we left . Again the rep didn't help with that situation . A lot of the sun beds are broken so be careful when picking your beds . Also there are lots of men walking around giving out mattresses for the sun beds they expect TIPS every day . Every one expect tips over there literally everyone , there are shops on the way to the restaurant bombarding you to go in and look and buy so annoying 3 times a day! The photo shoot men are fab one of the only good things about the place , they do a free photo shoot take about 200 pictures and you can buy them for £2.50 a picture really good ones too. Overall I'd say it's not a good hotel and I wouldn't go again !!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on a corner there tiny !! And not one over looking reception where all the coaches and taxis come outside underneath . Also make sure it's clean!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Danielle B
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Just returned 6/5/12 weather brilliant, very nice hotel, staff fantastic, food not so clever for my daughter and i but we are fussy,every body else seemed to like it though, the pool was so clean and really nice but you need to get up early to get a good spot. The beach was gorgeous and they tried hard to clean the seaweed every day, sea was a little cold at this time of the year but was told it does warm up in a few weeks, we have been to tunisia twice the last time Djerba in a 4 star hotel which was georgeous but this 3 star little dated but spotlessly clean hotel was the best by far, the staff here make you very welcome and speak good english, need to say a small tip goes a long way, I will return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank kay r
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Sahara Beach Hotel, three times now, the last time being Sept 2010, the staff were very helpfull and informative, the food was always well presented and the pool area was spotlessly clean. The rooms are a bit basic but work is already in progress to upgrade and modernise. The "train" into Monastir is a joy and well worth taking to do all your shopping, be prepared to barter, and the horse ride along the beach, even for this old codger was fun, I thourougly enjoyed it, but it was a relief to get off.... mine had no brakes.... the evening shows were brilliant and the animation team worked hard... all in all a good holiday we will be going back this year 2012.

Room Tip: corner suites are larger and get the sun
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple